The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka based break free?

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
So in BGs it feels like magicka based are far disadvantaged. Other than damage shields (pretty much only sorcs) they are typically less defensive, cannot sprint much, and can barely break free from the non stop CCs. Is it just me or should some magicka based skills/morphs be added?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka builds also don't have to use up our fighting resource in order to break free, which is theoretically how its balanced.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe add a skill that you can slot to break free.

They already started this with the Psijic ultimate. Never used it though.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the least I'd like some form of break free cost reduction on light armour to make it a little more bearable.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka builds also don't have to use up our fighting resource in order to break free, which is theoretically how its balanced.
    That might be the theory, but in practice it's usually a lot easier to lock down a Magicka build than a Stamina one. If Magicka builds treated their/our Stamina pool like most Stamina builds treat their Magicka pool, you'd get 1 break free per engagement (and you better hope that it's a short engagement at that - cause when that second CC comes knocking it's game over).

'Course, a magicka-based break free wouldn't necessarily be a "cure" to the problem, since it's oftentimes much harder to get your primary resource back during combat. There's just no equivalent of a Dual Wield or 1h/Shield heavy attack. Everything is super telegraphed and much easier to dodge, LOS, cleanse, or block (though you do get 50% of the resources from a blocked heavy now).

It may be best for Magicka to get some sort of cost reduction on break free from light armor, and/or have some set(s) available that could help mitigate the issue.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

A great many players have played magicka in both PvP and the highest levels of PvE and this has not been an issue.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why you dont disregard your stamina pool as a magicka class.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HaruKamui That's why Altmer new racials make them really good for PvP.
    Burst magic damage + Stamina sustain
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • courier
    courier
    ✭✭✭
    Alteration Mastery reduces all skills, including break free if it's that big of an issue. Plus it's not a bad set at all
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is completely false. It much better to have to worry about the primary resource than 2 resources. It much more efficient to build a single resource higher add more regeneration, cost reduction and cp. How may times does a stamina classe die if they run out of magicka?

Personally I would like to break free to use the resource that the CC came from either magicka or stamina. It would force stamina classes to have to think about builds more and not just stack into the primary resource just like magicka.
    Edited by bardx86 on March 24, 2019 1:12AM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in BGs it feels like magicka based are far disadvantaged. Other than damage shields (pretty much only sorcs) they are typically less defensive, cannot sprint much, and can barely break free from the non stop CCs. Is it just me or should some magicka based skills/morphs be added?

No, no, no. You are wrong. It's just your build that is bad - very very bad. You need Hakeijo. You can't stack everything into damage and expect to be tanky or survive long. 10k stamina on magicka character is usually a death sentence. That's just the way it is.

Edit:
    bardx86 wrote: »
    How may times does a stamina classe die if they run out of magicka?

Every single time stamina dragonknight runs out of flappy wings.
    Every single time a stamina gankblade runs out of Shadowy Disguise.

Edited by InvictusApollo on March 23, 2019 10:55PM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    As a Magicka Warden Healer, I only slot in Immovable Magicka Pots. You instantly break free from CCs and gain like 8 seconds of immunity, this is traditionally all you need. If you can't make them yourself, I recommend finding a guildy who can potion craft. I traditionally try to buy a stack of x200 for 20k, crafters come up with the mats and I pay via mail COD. I make all the money back in a day or two after PvPing and selling the *** I get from PvP mail.
    LkzH8q3.png
    Edited by Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino on March 24, 2019 1:13PM
    PC-NA