The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Give Dirt

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
TgJI5J9.jpg

Dirt, glorious dirt! Rocks, too! Oh, and have you seen all those TREES just lying around??

Let's face it, there are a LOT of fun textures and assets that would be amazing for housing, but which is not available from the furniture vendors anywhere. For every zone there is an extremely small selection of rocks and trees that might help you create a scene, but considering the sheer variety we see in every zone, it really feels quite lacking! Maladdiq, Rohzika, and Frohilde really need to up their selection! And, of course, there's the issue of dirt. There are zero dirt vendors, even though the ground you walk on is quite an instrumental part of how an area looks!

Now I've no doubt the coders can't literally just "give dirt", since the ground looks to have entirely different properties compared to other assets like rocks, trees, and buildings, however!! If you created massive platform-like assets and slapped the various dirt textures on them, then I think you could really do something wonderful! And naturally, the bigger the variety of assets, the more creative power you're giving the players. Small dirt, big dirt, Really Big Dirt, curved dirt to make hills, dirt with lumps lots, of options possible!

What do other people think? Give dirt? Give dirt!!
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster

Please Give Dirt 115 votes

Give dirt. All the dirt. So much variety. (FULL DIVERSITY option)
80%
CireousGilvothOthniel327Wittychick42VezElara_NorthwindAlienSlofSpacegatozariastatic_rechargeNebthet78Sotha_SilmagnusthorekUntrustedExistenzBlueVioletDarkhorse1975DarkheartHidesFromSunWeerW3irG1Countdown 93 votes
Sorry honey straight dirt only (very not PC option, terrible taste)
2%
Rikumaruswifty3174StormeReigns 3 votes
Bro you had me at "trees". (single-issue voter option)
3%
TasearSqueaky_CleanYsarieTaunky 4 votes
Houses are a bourgeois concept and we need to SHUT. THEM. DOWN.
13%
ssewallb14_ESOStreegaNoisividWitchyWarriorDarkestnghtsusmitdsTimeWizardoXI_Viper_IXoDaedric_NB_187dazeeHotdog_23Dragneel1207jainiadralMichaeSomnilux 15 votes
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this deserves an awesome for the laughs.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take one silty clay loam to go, please.

4z5qU12.jpg
    signing off
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they could offer ground cover options.

However, something would have to be done to not have it come out like carpets or rugs, which remain flat even if the ground has a slope or a hill.

They do have some rocks that came out with some furniture packs. But, more would be better
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It would be nice if they could offer ground cover options.

However, something would have to be done to not have it come out like carpets or rugs, which remain flat even if the ground has a slope or a hill.

They do have some rocks that came out with some furniture packs. But, more would be better

I was thinking more stuff that could be limited to the furniture vendors already in-game, since I'm pretty sure most of us don't use the cash shop to buy furniture when we already use it to buy the houses themselves. That's just double-dipping which makes for terrible parties.

As for the "flatness", that's kind of the point of having the different dirt options. No ground cover, just full on ground replacement.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Options
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Would love dirt for housing!
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ I always wanted to say that >:)

I'm not really into the housing thing right now, so I'm totally out of my depth :D No opinion.
    Options
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could they retexture, and resize the snow pile furnishings from the furnishing editor and new life furnishing packs?

Might be a good option if done right, gives us dirt and saves Zeni from creating entirely new pieces...

S.A.96
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the piles of clockwork junk they made for CWC. As it is, I've resorted to burying trees into the ground to look like low bushes when I need to create ground cover.
    Options
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to see is an option for anything vase-shaped, where like lights we can have he dirt set to "on" or "off". there are dirt filled planters in-game, but all of mine just look like the plant is either floating in the air or clipping through the planter when I sink it in enough to try and hide it.
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buy an Argonian house. It's literally made from dirt.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This option was so funny I had to vote it regardless of opinion.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the piles of clockwork junk they made for CWC. As it is, I've resorted to burying trees into the ground to look like low bushes when I need to create ground cover.

Am I right in thinking if you turn this upside down you get a pretty good dirt texture?
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to see is an option for anything vase-shaped, where like lights we can have he dirt set to "on" or "off". there are dirt filled planters in-game, but all of mine just look like the plant is either floating in the air or clipping through the planter when I sink it in enough to try and hide it.

Tiny Dirt request, full diversity, extremely nuanced social deconstruction.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate what housing is doing with my life.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »

Am I right in thinking if you turn this upside down you get a pretty good dirt texture?

I don't know, I've never turned it upside down to check!

According to here, its quite grey, but can work: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377398/vegetable-patch
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 21, 2019 4:49PM
    Options
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry honey straight dirt only (very not PC option, terrible taste)
    Cause I like the poll option, made me giggle.
    Options
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use poison pax mushrooms sunk into the ground. They make decent dirt patches. I have used them a few times now for gardens and they look pretty good.
    Options
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    rather have grass
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    rather have grass

Definitely adding that to the "list of things that should come with dirt". You're talking about the grass that sticks up out of the ground, and not just the grass texture on dirt, right?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Options
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe totally agrees!

tenor.gif?itemid=6009141
    Master Craftsman!
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    give dirt so this one can farm in it.
    m003F0sl.png
    Please help hard working Khajiit.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options