The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Housing has Become too Big to be Treated as a Minor Feature.

Imperial_Voice
Imperial_Voice
✭✭✭✭✭

I propose the following things be changed in housing as a way improve the housing system.

*Removal of the item limit in housing, or a sharp increase item limit or simple separate indoor and outdoor areas for item count purposes.

*A non-real money transaction way of acquiring more houses and the service furnishings.

*A removal of the limit on collectible pets and mounts allowed in one house or a sharp increase in the limit.

*A removal of the visitor limit on any house.

*The addition of an Auctioneer service NPC and Guild Banker service NPC for use with housing.

*The addition of the option to set a guild hall instead of forcing players to navigate to a guild mates primary residence.
Edited by Imperial_Voice on March 23, 2019 6:28PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good suggestions.

But frankly,its pretty common for players to think their pet part of ESO's content is neglected in favor of other areas.

Now, the last time ZOS talked about increasing item limits before Summerset, they said the consoles were the sticking point. Unless that's changed or ZOS changes how houses are instanced, I don't expect to see much change in either the item limits or probably the visitor limits.

Since then, we've seen ZOS add a fair bit of improvements to housing in terms of linking items together and adding "completed" furnishings like filled bookcases or food platters.

We've also see ZOS add more ways for players to get Crown Store furnishings through gifting, so you can pay gold for furnishings if you like. However, ZOS doesn't doesn't seem to have the ability (or perhaps the desire) to allow Houses to be gifted. There's some speculation over whether this is a game limitation or a liability issue - I don't believe ZOS has explained why they don't allow us to gift Houses (except via the workaround where you ask Support to let you pay Crowns for it and give it to another player, which doesn't fit what you are asking for here.) From my research, you could gift homes you didn't own on the PTS, so if ZOS couldn't fix that, it may explain why that didn't go Live.

There's certainly room for improvement and new features, as there are with all areas of the game.

Unfortunately, most of the areas you identify as big sticking points seem to tie into the limitations of the game engine or hardware, as in the case of adding more item slots, housing instances, visitor limits, or gifting Houses. If those do indeed run into hard game limitations on consoles in particular, it may not be a matter of neglect, but simply ZOS not being able to transcend those limitations or it taking a lot more work that you'd expect for that to be possible.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually my pet portion is PvP. Thanks though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also PVP, and we're in the same boat as Housing there.

Many of the fundamental problems ZOS needs to fix with PVP like lag, the stuck in combat bug, and persistent performance issues seem to run into the hardware or coding limitations of the game, hence why they haven't made much headway.

Its frustrating, and we can keep holding ZOS' feet to the fire for needed improvements, but it still ultimately comes down to what ZOS can do within the limitations of the game.

So pretty much the same as many of the Housing issues you brought up. Where its a limitation of the game, ZOS doesnt seem to be able to fix or add desired content, even if the player community wants it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I'd really, really like to see but don't see many requests for: The ability to designate more than one house as visitable.

If I'm at a house other than my "main" house, someone can port directly to me. But if I take the time to decorate more than one, I'd like any friends curious to take a look even if I'm offline at the time. People post to my guild's FB forum, "Hey check out my house," all the time. I'd like to be able to do that for all of their/my homes.

Edited by MasterSpatula on March 20, 2019 9:18PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also PVP, and we're in the same boat as Housing there.

Many of the fundamental problems ZOS needs to fix with PVP like lag, the stuck in combat bug, and persistent performance issues seem to run into the hardware or coding limitations of the game, hence why they haven't made much headway.

Its frustrating, and we can keep holding ZOS' feet to the fire for needed improvements, but it still ultimately comes down to what ZOS can do within the limitations of the game.

So pretty much the same as many of the Housing issues you brought up. Where its a limitation of the game, ZOS doesnt seem to be able to fix or add desired content, even if the player community wants it.

The argument that nothing should be done because ZoS cant be forced is an unsatisfactory one. This is a consumer product and a service and as such we are allowed to make requests (not demands) and offer opinions.

The excuse that consoles hard limit this is frankly unlikely, especially given that giving both courtyards and indoor portions (anything behind a load screen) separate item counts would bypass this "limitation"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I propose the following things be changed in housing as a way improve the housing system.

*Removal of the item limit in housing, or a sharp increase item limit or simple separate indoor and outdoor areas for item count purposes.

*A non-real money transaction way of acquiring more houses and the service furnishings.

*A removal of the limit on collectible pets and mounts allowed in one house or a sharp increase in the limit.

*A removal of the visitor limit on any house.

*The addition of an Auctioneer service NPC and Guild Banker service NPC for use with housing.

*The addition of the option to set a guild hall instead of forcing players to navigate to a guild mates primary residence.

I understand why there is an item limit, but I do think it should be raised. They are doing that to drive value into the larger ones, along with the mindset that a larger house has more room for stuff, and on top of the performance hit that housing has. Still, I would love to see a 25% increase across the board, ESO Plus and non-ESO Plus.

I feel disconnected from the world in my house, especially the ones that have outside areas. I guess that is because I am disconnected from the world. There is nothing happening outside of the walls of the house. No NPCs. No characters running by. We should not be able to interact with those on the outside, just see them. Those on the outside would not be able to see us, for obvious reasons.

I think that ZOS should have a "guild hall" that is accessed from the guild menu, not as the primary house of an officer or GM. In that guild house, they should have a guild steward NPC that can access the trader and guild bank. The guild house would persist no matter who owns the guild.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus