The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elves Born As Werewolves

BruceAndre
BruceAndre
✭✭
I've been interested in The Elders Scrolls lore the more time I spend in the game. Before suggesting this I'll admit I could be way off base and missed something about Wood Elves.
After learning about the Pact and knowing that the Wood Elves are supposed to eat the people they kill, I think it would be very fitting to write them into the werewolf side of the world.
They are all born werewolves. They don't have the werewolf ability until they complete the ritual of course. The way we have to feed on the enemies we kill as werewolves plays into the lore of the Wood Elves having to eat the enemies they kill. Thinking or knowing that these Elves are carnivores is a little off setting but when thinking that they're werewolves, it kinda makes more sense.

Just a primer.
  • RealWhiteGuar
    RealWhiteGuar
    ✭✭
    I couldn't find much, but I found this in relation to Bosmer and Hircine.
    @RealWhiteGuar | The_White_Guar
    Editor-in-chief
    The Tel Mora Independent Press

Moderator: r/teslore
    Admin: The Dreamsleeve
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer being werewolves would kinda go against lore I would think. Y'ffre gave himself, and became the Earth Bones, so that the Bosmer and other life could maintain a stable form. Transforming into "other things" is not supposed to happen except in the most dire of circumstance according to the Green Pact.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A common misconception is that vykosa being labeled first turned being that she was the first. She is one of the first, not the first.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I find the Meat Mandate to be an interesting twist on the usual "wood elves" found in other fantasy books and games without needing "they are all werewolves" (which are Hircine's domain, anyway) to make it more acceptable.

Moreover, you may find that the Zone Quest in Malabal Tor has something to say about Bosmer Werewolves vs following the Green Pact.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Meat Mandate is what makes the Bosmer eat the things they kill. Part of the Green Pact.
    Part of that Pact is strict rules about changing shape. So werewolves in the eyes of Bosmer are extra heretical despite them being closer to some aspects of Hircine worship
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • RealWhiteGuar
    RealWhiteGuar
    ✭✭
    It seems to me that it would be a bit of a dichotomy. Either you accept Y'ffre's gift of a stable form, or you turn away from it to accept Hircine's gift of multiple forms. Neither way is wrong, per se, but just different social connotations.
    @RealWhiteGuar | The_White_Guar
    Editor-in-chief
    The Tel Mora Independent Press

Moderator: r/teslore
    Admin: The Dreamsleeve
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

A common misconception is that vykosa being labeled first turned being that she was the first. She is one of the first, not the first.

True but I'm pretty sure the first ww isn't known
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that it would be a bit of a dichotomy. Either you accept Y'ffre's gift of a stable form, or you turn away from it to accept Hircine's gift of multiple forms. Neither way is wrong, per se, but just different social connotations.

Very true. I may have over-generalized in my comment, or just didn't explain well or in detail. There's nothing inherently wrong with Bosmer who might wish to follow Hircine. There are always exceptions to the rule. Hence Redguard Necromancers, magicka wielding Nords, abolitionist Dunmer, salad eating Bosmer scum condemed to the Ooze...

#UnthrappaForEveryone
    Edited by Number_51 on March 26, 2019 8:23PM
  • Valpro
    Valpro
    ✭✭
    i actually asked a very similar question in the lore master's archive thread and it got answered.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/1221

My question is the second one.