The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how 2h weap works for stam DK pvp

RockMuscleGaming
2H maul for physical pen
2H sword damage
2H axe bleed
im not rich ingame and got a rare 2H fury maul with sharpened trait loot drop "should i sell it and buy 2h axe for bleeds or 2h sword for damage "or just go nuts stick to physical pen,or changed 2h maul to a Nirnhoned
is 2h maul still viable for pvp.
Edited by RockMuscleGaming on March 19, 2019 1:15PM
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    Check eso-sets.com for unique set pieces. For example there is an axe "The Negotiator", which is 2h and its seventh legion set. It's quest reward and comes with ornate trait. You can complete the quest or buy it very cheap from trade guilds and transmute.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Axe is better for pressure, maul/sword for burst potential.

Maul's penetration bonus is diminished when the target has a resistance debuff applied, such as Major/Minor Fracture or a crushing glyph, due to how it is calculated. If you have some resistance debuffs available to you, sword might be a better option, but you'd have to try both out to see.

Axe's bleed was also nerfed a little this patch, so the extra burst potential from maul/sword is a little more valuable, now.
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sword will always be good.

axe requires the bleed to proc to get any benefit from it, and maul requires them to have a lot of armor and stack on top of pen from CP / sets pretty bad, IIRC it calculates AFTER your flat pen is taken into account.

sword requires no faf, you will always get the damage bonus and its solid vs every opponent.

I always go with sword for that reliability and dependability.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

axe requires the bleed to proc to get any benefit from it, and maul requires them to have a lot of armor and stack on top of pen from CP / sets pretty bad, IIRC it calculates AFTER your flat pen is taken into account.

sword requires no faf, you will always get the damage bonus and its solid vs every opponent.

Maces percentage is based on what is left on the target after debuffs, like major fracture, but before self buffed pen, like Sharpen or the lover. Best weapon for PvP is a nirn maul.
    Options
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally like axes because the the bleed synergises well with all the DoTs I use on my DK -- Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Volatile Armor, Double DoT Poison, and Viper's Sting.
    Edited by Vermethys on March 19, 2019 10:29AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maces percentage is based on what is left on the target after debuffs, like major fracture, but before self buffed pen, like Sharpen or the lover. Best weapon for PvP is a nirn maul.

kk

though we will agree to disagree on maul vs sword ^_-
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

kk

Could you explain your reasoning circa maul v sword then?
    Options
  • RockMuscleGaming
    so with noxious breath skill + maul sharpened "pen debuff doesnt stack at all?they have same debuff?
    Edited by RockMuscleGaming on March 19, 2019 1:21PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so with noxious breath skill + maul sharpened "pen debuff doesnt stack at all?they have same debuff?
    no. u get both bonus, but depends on how much armor ur target has, its effectiveness fluctuates. if u got heavy armor 30k resistance, using spriggan, spray it with nox, then maul, is REALLY effective.
    if target is light armor, u have no debuff, then something else can be more effective....

kk

...but never sword.

nirn maul or axe for pvp. (nirn if u use poison, infused if just relying on enchant)

if u got a DoT build, go with axe.
    if u got a burst build, go maul.

i have both. and after many many hours of testing in BG (no CP) and Vivec (full CP), it's best to use maul when u got Dizzying Swing in the bar and Executioner. if u got carve and nox breath and no executioner/reverse strike, it's better to go axe.

sword is crap. 6% extra damage on the skills is nothing compared to axe bleeds or 20% penetration from maul.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • RockMuscleGaming
    any skills for
    Davadin wrote: »
    no. u get both bonus, but depends on how much armor ur target has, its effectiveness fluctuates. if u got heavy armor 30k resistance, using spriggan, spray it with nox, then maul, is REALLY effective.
    if target is light armor, u have no debuff, then something else can be more effective....

kk

...but never sword.

nirn maul or axe for pvp. (nirn if u use poison, infused if just relying on enchant)

if u got a DoT build, go with axe.
    if u got a burst build, go maul.

i have both. and after many many hours of testing in BG (no CP) and Vivec (full CP), it's best to use maul when u got Dizzying Swing in the bar and Executioner. if u got carve and nox breath and no executioner/reverse strike, it's better to go axe.

sword is crap. 6% extra damage on the skills is nothing compared to axe bleeds or 20% penetration from maul.

i have dizzy swing and executioner on my main bar 2h maul " anything else u recommend for burst build cuz my poison build aint working that much "im running 7th legion gear + fury jewelry and fury weaps
    skills are "momentum,dizzy swing,executioner,noxius breath and im looking for my 5th slot
    what is better for burst dawnbreaker ult or flight?
    Edited by RockMuscleGaming on March 19, 2019 3:15PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7th legion + fury is NOT a DoT build, of course it wouldn't work.
    5th slot of 2H MUST be Rally (or one of its morph).

hell, it's the only 2H skill u cannot live without. thats 20% of ur damage right there.

ult is optional for a burst build. either DB or Leap are fine becoz DB is more expensive but more damage (with a DoT) and its directional, so if ur not careful in Cyrodiil, u can waste 125 ulti. Leap is cheap at 110 and u can't miss, but it's not high damage. Use whatever works best for your playstyle.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options