The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Random disconnects in game

Att1Tude
Att1Tude
✭✭✭
Rarely, once a day the game kicks you out to login screen. Anyone know an addon that cause this?
PC-EU
How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been happening to me and my husband too and we share very few of the same addons. I don't think it's any addon doing it.
    Tbh, I think it's the game that is doing it.
    Just like the random load screen when riding a mount and when you the load screen goes away...you are dismounted. This has been happening to me a lot lately.

Something is wrong somewhere. Hopefully they realize it's happening and fix it.
    Edited by Tia413 on March 18, 2019 4:50PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Att1Tude

You can remove add-ons with the steps below to determine whether your disconnects are add-on related or not.
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have the login problem with very long loading times. Changing characters a lot of the time it will just say loading and never stop. Have to close the game and login in again. Sometimes disconnected from the game when changing zones and changing from one zone to another it will get really jerky and slow to reload. I have tried everything including deleting the game and reinstalling and it is still all happening today. Just right now disconnected me changing characters and 5 minutes ago got the eternal loading screen changing to another character. I thought this problem was fixed. It is not. I have spoken to several guild members and they have the problem as well. Is there any update on ZOS fixing this issue? Thanks. Oh and I would like to add it is not the addons doing it. It is the game. I deleted all the addons to try that variable and it was exactly the same. And it is happening a number of people. Several times a day I hear and sometimes talk to people with the same problem. So while I love the game and have gotten great responses from support, I still believe this problem has not been fixed and still needs to be addressed. Thanks a lot.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Doctor_Demento

As you've already tried removing add-ons and reinstalling for your loading issue, you should open a ticket with customer support if you've not done so. Customer support can investigate into what other factors are causing the loading and random disconnections.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE, thanks for the reply and I hope they do get it fixed. I am a retired/disabled network engineer with 48 yrs in the computer industry. I have also portforward triggered the ports for ESO on my Cisco router. I have gave permissions to the firewall for the game and ports it uses. I have put it on the exception list for my anti virus and Malwarebytes as well. All the test I have run (Wire Shark) show the problem to be at the server before your game server and at the game server itself.This problem has been ongoing since late alpha, early beta. So it is not a new problem. I still play and will, but it does not make me happy either. Tired of replying in chat and 30 seconds later it post it to chat. Or pushing a skill button and from 10 to 60 seconds later it does the skill. Kind of annoying. Love the game, and I am not trying to give anyone a hard time. All the ZOS employees and devs have always been nice to me. Let me give a analogy. If I am kind to my neighber but my dog keeps biting him. The neighbor would not be happy even though he likes me. LOL Thanks and good luck. I know you have got to be tired of hearing people complain. I did service over the years sometimes and was even service manager for a chain with 71 stores, so I get it. Hang in there, I don't hate anyone, I'm just frustrated with the problem. Take care!