The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

still looking for someone to craft armor.

Dovahkiin804
Dovahkiin804
✭✭
I’m on Xbox na server looking for someone to craft me armor for a tank build with health traits and gain more xp traits if there is such thing I don’t know I’m not a master crafter. If you can do this for free or a good price pm me on Xbox DarKnight1119X. I like to have legendary status armor. I’m a high elf sorcerer cp430

Update I’m still looking for a crafter
Edited by Dovahkiin804 on March 18, 2019 5:15PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all I would suggest there is very little benefit to a tank to upgrade armor to legendary, but if you want it gold for the sake of having it gold, by all means go for it.

Second, you will probably find it easier to ask for this in guild as their are often many very helpful people in an active guild.

Good luck.
    Edited by idk on March 15, 2019 8:39PM
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I have found someone in my guild but I wanted to reach out on here see if I can find more people I was thinking of buying gold armor from guild traders but they fo for a good 150k gold
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold your weps.dont need armor to be legendary
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Is most of this armor in gold are master crafters selling on guild stores or can you farm it? It’s like everyone I talk to they say they make the armor but when I pm them and say I’m ready for them to craft it they never pm back so it’s like wtf.
    Edited by Dovahkiin804 on March 15, 2019 10:07PM
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    𝘕𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘮 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨.
    Edited by Dovahkiin804 on March 15, 2019 11:47PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on Xbox na server looking for someone to craft me armor for a tank build with health traits and gain more xp traits if there is such thing I don’t know I’m not a master crafter. If you can do this for free or a good price pm me on Xbox DarKnight1119X. I like to have legendary status armor. I’m a high elf sorcerer cp430

Do you have all the mats?? I am on every platform but I have an Xb NA account, besides my EU.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on March 16, 2019 4:53PM
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I’ve found someone for now but I see a lot of tanks with one handed and sheld I might want someone to make me a sheld
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I’m still looking for a crafter for to make armor for my tank. I have no gold or items but however I can buy you something from the crown store I have 10000 crowns. Please pm me on Xbox at DarKnight1119X

The last guy said brass was best for what I need so that’s what set I need.

And no luck with guild mates they just don’t seem to want to do it.
    Edited by Dovahkiin804 on March 18, 2019 5:16PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure you realize the cost involved to make CP160 gold armor. I don't know what rubedite costs, as I don't buy/sell it, but it would take over 600 rubedite to make 5 pieces of armor. Then, to temper it to gold, it will cost 2 green, 3 blue, 4 purple, and 8 gold temper mats per piece. Then, there's the enchantment, which you'd only need 2 kutas (gold) as the smaller pieces only have half the enchantment value, so you could use rekuta (purple) for those. It sounds like you want training gear, so the trait isn't an issue.

While perhaps 150K for a gold armor piece at a guild trader might be excessive (no idea of set or trait), it's not entirely out of line with the cost of mats and then adding a profit. More popular sets/traits will cost more. Crafters likely are not helping because you can't supply gold for them to buy the mats or supply the mats themselves.

Offering to buy them CS items might be enticing for a crafter, but unless there are CS items they really want, they're left with a new mount or costume but are now short a good deal of expensive mats with no way to replenish other than to farm like mad or use their own gold to buy more.

Bottom line is that you're asking for quite a bit with a reward that will leave them with less mats and no recourse to get more, other than to dip into their own funds or spend lots of time in game farming.

ETA: Here's an idea. Since you have 10000 crowns that you're willing to spend to hire a crafter, why not offer to buy items for guild mates in exchange for gold. Then, you'd have the gold to pay a crafter to buy the mats or you could buy the mats yourself to give to the crafter. Your guild mate who really wanted some new shiny from the CS and was willing to pay gold is happy and you have the in-game funds to hire a crafter.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 18, 2019 6:02PM
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    So basically I’m better off searching every guild store for gold armor for about 150k and also reading all the traits it has. I don’t mind doing that if it’s so much a crafter has to do in order to make it. I’m better off finding it myself I’ve have seen a lot of gold armor for sale at guild stores.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So basically I’m better off searching every guild store for gold armor for about 150k and also reading all the traits it has. I don’t mind doing that if it’s so much a crafter has to do in order to make it. I’m better off finding it myself I’ve have seen a lot of gold armor for sale at guild stores.

If you have the gold to buy armor, then you'd have the gold to buy the mats to give to a crafter, no? You said you didn't have any gold, so I was trying to explain that it might be the reason you weren't getting anyone to help you. I think you could get it cheaper from a crafter (and more easily, since they can craft you exactly what you want), but not for free. CP160 armor tempered to gold is not an insubstantial loss of mats without any kind of recompense.

In other words, your request of CP160 gold armor, with no offer to supply mats or the gold for the crafter to buy the mats, is an unappealing offer to a crafter. But, if you can provide them with gold (rather than spending it on armor at a guild trader), then I think you'd be able to find a crafter to help you and you'd end up spending less gold.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    What type of mats do I need I know nothing about crafting
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the current market rates for tempering alloys and rubedite ore on XB-NA, you're looking at a retail price of around 70k per legendary-quality piece.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Damn only if I didn’t buy them 2 gold daggers for my dps toon. I can’t resell them and they were 40k each.
    Edited by Dovahkiin804 on March 18, 2019 6:31PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What type of mats do I need I know nothing about crafting

You don't need to know what mats are required if you're willing to pay the crafter for the cost of the mats, plus whatever crafting fee they might charge. That would save you the hassle of shopping for them, and a crafter can replenish their stock by buying mats with the gold you gave them.
    Based on the current market rates for tempering alloys and rubedite ore on XB-NA, you're looking at a retail price of around 70k per legendary-quality piece.

Thanks, I didn't know the market price for rubedite, so I couldn't really come up with a reasonable market price. I only sell alloys and kutas (well, I stopped selling kutas since I can make more gold from crafted glyphs).

OP, it sounds like you can do better by offering gold to a crafter to craft exactly what you want, at less than what you'd spend at a guild trader. Perhaps try again in guild chat and offer to pay for the mats that are required.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Time to start farming then thanks all for help. But if of any of you all still want that offer hit me up. But for now time to farm. I will keep this open I could use more advice and help about crafting and what sets. But brass seems to be the set I need.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Can some one tell me what I need for each of the 5 pieces for brass set I’m farming now so far I got 200 rubes ingots. Still farming
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    well you are farming mats I suppose. you need lots of rubedite, also deconstruct stuff you find, so you get more rubedite. also refine raw rubedite so you get tempers for improvement. if you invest some points in the crafting passive for blacksmith you get a higher chance of getting green-blue-purple-gold tempers
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Well someone did offer to do it for me for a few items in the crown store. It was a guild mate, very happy with the armor works well.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well someone did offer to do it for me for a few items in the crown store. It was a guild mate, very happy with the armor works well.

That's great! Glad to hear that someone in your guild was happy to craft your armor for some CS goodies. And, I'm glad the armor works well for you.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    Now the other question is will it be wrong to get the ep style armor from the crown store I just seem to like that the best even though I’m dc. It’s not the armor style that goes with your alliance that you buy from the cownstore. I already brought that.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who aren't crafters, don't understand the complexities of what is available.

Lower level requests are more complex as materials required differ with levels.

I refused to make a LVL 10 set recently, simply because it would have outlived its fairly quickly.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he wants gold gear as some replies note. He is talking about the gold (currency) cost, not the color of the items.

Guilds will generally help, though you have to supply the mats in some cases. I am on the PS4, but I have seen stacks of Rubedite for around 15K gold or less. Buying a couple of those stacks shouldn't be too bad. Might need some TRAIT stuff if you want a special one, but that is about it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And you may want to find another guild or two if no one will ever help.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I have reached level 50 in blacksmith now I just have to research the traits and I be able to craft my own brass set
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are planning on running medium or light armor for a more survivable DPS, I don’t think Fortified Brass is really your best bet for a tank. It’s pretty easy to get to or near enough to the mitigation cap in heavy armor alone.

You would probably have more fun just going out and tanking dungeons and normal trials with what you have, and farming or purchasing decent dropped sets. If your skill sets and passives are solid, you can actually get through most of the easier content using garbage gear to start. I have tanks with a bunch of mismatched heavy gear that get the job done in normal dungeons no sweat.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    My dps is not good for vet trails even though I did cloud rest 2 days ago on normal didn’t die once I need armor that will help with my dps and spell damage since I use lightning staffs
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was my understanding that you were building for a tank. Fortified brass won’t help your DPS at all. You would be better off with Julianos as crafted gear for magicka based. You can always use a set of that, and farm Siroria from Cloudrest until you pick up a Maelstrom staff. After that, you will need a different front bar set to pair with Siroria.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ This comment above is important, @Dovahkiin804 ... as a crafted tanking set is very different from a DPS set.

Make sure you’ve decided on the role you want to play before investing in a max level crafted set.
  • Dovahkiin804
    Dovahkiin804
    ✭✭
    I’m now using a pet build with the light armor to improve my dps I like this better I’ve have seen a big difference. A guild mate helped me out with it.