The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch Note for not being able to do anything if dead in pvp

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Does anyone know what the patch note is that references this.

If I died in pvp I could still write messages to my group. Respond to whispers. Check my gear/enchants. Look at the map if Resources are getting hit. Check crown store item etc.etc.etc.

Now you can’t do anything. Look at the resurrection map and toggle recap. That’s it.

Was there a notes for this?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't recall any notes to that effect.

However, if I dead, I just tell my group anything I need to on voice coms. No typing needed
    Beta tester November 2013
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think typing ever worked when dead. But you were able to access your inventory and menu screen. But since the patch, I have not been able to access the menu screen while dead.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've typed in group chat and whisper when dead. Have not done it im a while so dont know if it has changed. You could never type in zone chat
    Edited by Katahdin on March 15, 2019 7:05PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed yesterday that I can't look at the map anymore
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Don't recall any notes to that effect.

However, if I dead, I just tell my group anything I need to on voice coms. No typing needed

Right but I can’t invite other people. Pass crown. Anything other than voice comms.
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I don't think typing ever worked when dead. But you were able to access your inventory and menu screen. But since the patch, I have not been able to access the menu screen while dead.

You can just not area chat. Group and guild chats worked.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t use my skills when I’m dead.

Hot fix pls kthxbye.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker why can't we look at the map or use text chat anymore in PvP or PVE? Can you fix this please
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvping a bit more over the weekend and the most irritating aspect of this is being unable to pull up the zone map while dead. Sure I can pull up the respawn map, but the actual zone map includes siege counts on keeps and crossed swords for battles, providing a better view of where I need to respawn at.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm submitting tickets until it gets fixed, I'd encourage everyone else to do the same so someone will see it since the chance of these three doing anything is slim
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by valeriiya on March 18, 2019 5:16PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that's annoying in BGs:

If you like to look at the map to plan ahead while dead/on timer - this is a nerf.
    If you like to rezz and then stand there in your base looking at the map to find action instead of moving immediately, this is a buff.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going back and forth with customer service on this and so far their suggestion has been to clear saved data (didn't work what a surprise) and to now power cycle my PS4 which I'll try but I'm sure won't do anything. They have no idea how to fix it and as usual there is 0 communication from ZO$. That new communication model is working out great :neutral:

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the new zone guide code messed up something really bad. Can’t imsgine why chat wouldn’t work though - as has been said you could always use whisper and guild chat.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone in this thread, there is a workaround for this (at least on console). On xbox once you're dead, if you hit A to pull up the revive menu, hit back to close it then quickly hit back again as it closes, it will pull up the standard cyrodiil map with conflicts and whatnot. This same method works for opening your inventory as well, close the revive screen and hit start as it closes.

Hope this helps! This really pissed me off at the start of the patch.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    On ps4 press the touchpad and options simultaneously, should bring up the keyboard, works for me.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support has now had me try power cycling my PS4 and sending screenshots, nothing has worked, because obviously it's a player problem and not something ZO$ introduced. :/

@devilsTear i'll try that, thank you!
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So last night customer service finally conceded that it was indeed not a problem with my settings or PS4 and was a bug, took 4 days to work that out. I can't type in text chat when I'm dead which is a pain. I know voice chat works but not everyone has a mic and having to press extra buttons to see the map is a pain too. PvP has enough issues, we don't need more.

Ticket # 190318-006512

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    So last night customer service finally conceded that it was indeed not a problem with my settings or PS4 and was a bug, took 4 days to work that out. I can't type in text chat when I'm dead which is a pain. I know voice chat works but not everyone has a mic and having to press extra buttons to see the map is a pain too. PvP has enough issues, we don't need more.

Ticket # 190318-006512

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Sounds like your getting the koolio treatment
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably unintended. :|
    Edited by Dojohoda on April 2, 2019 10:54PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Koolio I'm pretty sure I'm on the ignore list with you at this point
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Koolio
    Maps

Fixed an issue where you could not open the menu or map while your character was dead.