The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill on Tank

Fvh09NL
Fvh09NL
✭✭✭
I have always played with Absorb Magic on my tank, but actually only for the passives. Never reconsidered it, but I was now wondering if I should slot Deep Thoughts instead. What do other tanks think?

Note that I only really tank dungeons, as I never really liked trials that much. Also, I'm not new to tanking, I have tanked most dungeons on vet (not the new ones).
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still keep it on front bar for the reduction in block cost, i have deep thoughts on backbar as well. what class is your tank?
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    DK. My backbar is kinda full, since I like the skills I have slotted there. The only skill I would consider changing is Absorb Magic atm.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use Deep Thoughts enough to justify using it? Or is it only situational?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    DK. My backbar is kinda full, since I like the skills I have slotted there. The only skill I would consider changing is Absorb Magic atm.

try it out on a cpl of runs with out the skill, as a DK i dont think it will be as much of an issue compared to another class.do you find your having stamina issues with blocking?
    the mini shield from deep thoughts is convenient, the biggest draw is the regen.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

try it out on a cpl of runs with out the skill, as a DK i dont think it will be as much of an issue compared to another class.do you find your having stamina issues with blocking?
    the mini shield from deep thoughts is convenient, the biggest draw is the regen.

Typically, no, that's why I was wondering if Deep Thoughts would be better. But I'll just try it yeah, see what better fits me :)
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try it out. I roll absorb with the asylum s/b in my dk tank. Not sure i would switch for deep thoughts because I have 0 sustain issues. If I did have sustain issues, sure
    Edited by paulychan on March 15, 2019 4:28PM
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absorb magicka is great but when all is said and done, deep thoughts will let you tank things you simply could never have hoped to tank without it.