Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please give us the Nereid skin/costume

Aziara
Aziara
✭✭
I would absolutely love if we could dress our toons up like Nereids. Even if we couldn't get access to the skin (honestly, we have much more ridiculous skins available, so I'm not sure why not), I would love to get the costume and headdress she's wearing.
nereid.jpg?w=313&h=367
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love this too :-)
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ridiculous skins do we have?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would SO be all over that! *throws money at the screen*
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What are male nereids called? I'm not sure I've seen one, and wonder if they are only female in lore.

Would it have to change the the sex of the character? Not against it, but I don't think they could release a skin to only one sex in the game and not the other.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh...yeah I'd throw money at that costume for sure!
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 from me
  • Aziara
    Aziara
    ✭✭
    What ridiculous skins do we have?

The Infernal Epidermus comes to mind, it makes you look like a flame atronach https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/infernal-epidermis
    Also, while the Bright-Throat and Dead-Water skins look fabulous on argonians, they aren't species locked, which means you see a lot of scaled cats and elves running around :D
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Actually, I make good use of my deadwater skin on my redguard vampire. It actually makes her look more or less loike a redguard again, which is hard to do elsewise.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I make good use of my deadwater skin on my redguard vampire. It actually makes her look more or less loike a redguard again, which is hard to do elsewise.

I put that skin on my Dunmer MagDK. It looks awesome, he's a real Dragon Knight now!
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are male nereids called? I'm not sure I've seen one, and wonder if they are only female in lore.

Would it have to change the the sex of the character? Not against it, but I don't think they could release a skin to only one sex in the game and not the other.

I'd guess they would look something like this:ee1cb820c97be19d32a5e588aada8307.jpg

• IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been asking for ages <3 I love that!

You mean like the MALE ONLY Maelstrom Baron one?
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh no, its a no for me, scales uck!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Polymorph maybe?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I hated in the game I quit playing a bit back was the NPCs always, always, always got the best looking weapons and gear and what we got was boring and bland. This game isn't so bad about that, we get a lot of really cool looking stuff but more is never a bad thing. We want to look as awesome as the NPCs!
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    Nereid costume pleaaaaase!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There really isn’t a term that I’m aware of. In Greek mythology, the nereids were the nymph daughters of the sea god, Nereus.

Whether or not all nereids in Nirn are female, it would be delightful to have this costume for both sexes (and no bra-like shirt on the male version)! :)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all all in for nereid skin/finn ears minor adornment. Combined with maormer fish skin... sweet perfection <3
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wanting a Nereid polymorph for ages. And yeah there are a number of polymorphs that make you male (Maelstrom Baron, Clockwork Curator, Factotum), so I see no reason for there not to be a female-only (or female-transforming) polymorph, as well.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I've been wanting a Nereid polymorph for ages. And yeah there are a number of polymorphs that make you male (Maelstrom Baron, Clockwork Curator, Factotum), so I see no reason for there not to be a female-only (or female-transforming) polymorph, as well.

But what would feminists say about that?
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All those polymorphs are not male, they might be coded male, but 2 are robots and on is an extra-dimensional being.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

All those polymorphs are not male, they might be coded male, but 2 are robots and on is an extra-dimensional being.

So? Nereids are spirits. They're no more female than the factotum is male. It makes no more sense for a spirit to have a gender than a robot. And no, male presenting appearance isn't gender neutral, so please don't make this about secondary sex characteristics.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Shut up and take my money!!!!
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • bluelights400
    bluelights400
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh!! I want the costume so bad!! Like imagine the bit at the back moving and flowing in the wind/ water!! wowee
    i love borzois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bluelights400
    bluelights400
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we as players could talk and maybe get closer to nereids and form bonds, and successful players get mild but cool bonuses like swimming a bit faster, or if a spriggan is helped (idk saved from an adventurer killing her) she can give some mild resistance, I think it would open the world up a bit more!!
    i love borzois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!