The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selling value of items

Tabris93
Tabris93
✭✭✭
I have been playing this game on and off since launch, so I am familiar with the game itself. However, seeing as I do mostly solo questing and world exploring, and it can go months (sometimes even years) between every time I play, I am quite out of the loop when it comes to the value of items.

During my questing and farming, I will come across various purple, blue and yellow items. I know that random gear is usually not worth anything, but what about recipes? Runes? Items for improving gear in crafting? Styles and motifs?

I have no idea what any of these are worth, and so I am selling it for whatever the buyer in the chat is willing to offer. I have no idea if the offer is fine or if I am being undercut because they are aware they are dealing with a noob. :tongue:

Are there any guidelines or any way I can know what various items are worth?
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are addons which calculate prices based on market. Examples: Master merchant, Tamriel Trade Centre addon
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Tabris93
    Tabris93
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you're on console, knowing what the relative valuations are on the PC market tells you something. If the price is low on PC, nobody wants it, and the same reasons will apply on Xbox and PS4.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short answer. All of these have greater value at purple and gold:

Purple recipes
    Most purple motifs
    All purple/gold mats

Most of these have value at any level:

Overland/Non bound meta gear sets for PVE and PVP
    Uncut fish
    Unrefined stacks of mats