Maintenance for the week of March 25:
•[COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 25, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 27, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

A Thought on Re-doing CP

Eormenric
Eormenric
✭✭
I come to you as someone currently with a 220 CP character that they started in Beta and played like hell at launch up to Level 50 and onto some Veteran Ranks, took a 5 year break, and then came back just a month ago to pick up from then CP100. The biggest point of discussion: The grind (and the residual effects) of making my way to CP810.

I concur that the best way to avoid feeling discouraged by my sub-600 level grind to the hidden max level (or max efficiency) is to simply ignore it, let it happen as I enjoy the content, and focus on what I want. This is hard to do when those with the playtime or brevity to reach 810 have everything better. They hit harder, regen faster, survive longer, get things easier, and have a lot of little goodies to enjoy on procs and actions. Do they deserve this additional strength? Without a doubt. But as a new chapter looms, along with more DLC, (and thankfully CP810 staying the cap), it begs the question: Isn't 810 levels too much with how far along this game is?

"Wait, bro, you're 5 years behind the crowd and you're complaining that you're behind?" Not complaining, per se. I'm just burning out on the current system. During my hiatus, I touched base with World of Warcraft for a couple months. I enjoyed their leveling system as allowing you to carve a path through the content you were most interested in seeing and come out the other end nearly, if not already, max level. I enjoy ESO enough that I want to continue supporting it like I did at its beginning before life happened. So what can be done to reach the max efficiency? I think, a whole lot.

Champion Points already are account-wide. That's great. Let's expand on that idea with the game's profit in mind. 'Alts' are a great source of profit for games. They keep you playing the game longer, wanting more stuff for this new character. Here's some individual thoughts:
  • Characters individually level from 1-50 as normal. While gaining leveling experience, each character also gains "Champion" experience from those same sources but with increased Champion experience from Repeatable Quests, gathering resources, exploring, achievements--all the extra little things that can take up our time. That means, every little thing we do in the game contributes to getting stronger--to earning our power and versatility for being venerated in the content.
  • A community-based solution: If a CP100, CP500, CP386, and CP299 all grouped together, their average CP of 322 (rounding up because that's nicer) would be what each character actually has in effect. I'll explain: As equal as possible, what Player 1 has points in would gain points, and what Player 2 had points in would lose them so that both players are equal in point allocation. Ergo, you have 50 points in Master-At-Arms in The Atronach. But in a group with lower CPs, maybe your Master-At-Arms would average to only have 25 points effective. That's okay, though. If your friend had 4 points in Staff Expert, they might now have 29 points effective. This allows you to feel as strong as your friends, still make buying/selling "runs" a thing (and now that 810 you're paying gets to share his power with you so you can help), and it further incentivizes grouping (of all levels). Content can still have CP limits that you need to reach as a solo player, but once you pass that threshold, you're on par with everyone else--and the dungeon can be appropriately scaled to whatever level if necessary (though I think that defeats this purpose...).
  • Or lastly, utilize an already highly-coveted resource: Skill Points. Yup, just make skill point acquisition mean more by using skill points to literally increase your stats or overall strength like the current CP System. Maybe getting stronger costs a lot of skill points, but gaining a ton of resourceful skills is cheaper. That might make alts more necessary because you no longer have a single character that can craft everything--those points gotta make papa have a bigger magicka pool.

So what do you think? Maybe if you come from playing the Disgaea games that have a Level Cap of 9999, you scoffed at 810. But if you started a new MMO tomorrow, gained a level after 3 hours (averaged per level for this example), and it said "Level 2/810", could you disregard the 2400+ hours (or 100 days) it would take you to get to the max? I would seriously wonder when my enjoyment would peter out contrasted against the content. All games are a little grindy nowadays. That's just the world we live in. That doesn't mean we can't change what the grind looks or feels like.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres the thing, I grind for that cp 810, like hell I would stand for changing it, let alone removing for another.

    I am already bleepss off at all the nerfs the devs are dishing out in this game, and it feels like those nerfs cater to just one side of the player base.

    1 last straw, I am still holding to 1 last straw, cut it and I will bleeping leave this game and curse it to oblivion.

    I so bleeping love this game, but bleep the shiitt out of me and I bleeping quit.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on March 15, 2019 7:32AM
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭
    @russelmmendoza I hear you. The fear that all of my time and effort could feel wasted would make me emotional too. Your defensiveness is understandable. There are ways to just make the grind to CP810 easier and more welcoming to newer players, thus allowing the cap to continue increasing--and the old CP810 players will reap the benefits of that new system too!

    I hope you wouldn't be judgmental of making things easier for others, though. A sort of "they deserve to go through what I went through" mentality. That's common in people today--like they can't be satisfied unless others are unhappy. Life is about making things better each new year for each new generation and person. MMOs follow that very same system. Day 1, things are broken, difficult, or have downright bad ideas. So they evolve. They change. And they end up making a lot of people happy.

    When ESO first came out, do you remember what people used to say? They said it was a waste of money. They hated it. They wanted Skyrim 2.0 instead. Almost no one gave it a chance. BUT. People kept on playing it... Why? Because they knew the concept was great, but it needed to be adjusted. Thankfully, the developers listened and kept on listening. And now, I hear people call ESO one of the best MMOs around. They love each new change because it's always in the interest of keeping old players and making new ones.

    It sounds like you're looking for one more reason to quit the game you say you love. That can't be a good feeling. If you really love the game, you'll accept it for what it grows into, so long as it aims to please players--as a for-profit thing should. Just like any relationship. :) Of course, once a game no longer gives you what you're looking for, that is a time to consider looking elsewhere, respectfully, and not "[cursing] it to oblivion".
    Edited by Eormenric on March 15, 2019 7:43AM
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Moar CP :p . Seriously though, I really enjoy CP for the convenience and advantages it provides. Wouldn't know how to play and enjoy normal dungeons without it since it will require so much more effort and learning to regain the survivability. Obviously not my jam as I don't want to conflate conflate real life with a hobby. If ZoS wants to gut or rework CP, at least it should let us retain the power/survivability at whatever is the current CP cap.

  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭
    Heres the thing, again, sorry bout that.
    I knew exactly that it was a grind, but I greet my teeth and pushed on.
    But you want it to be easier?
    Best thing I can say is come back when there is a +100% xp event.
    And login everyday to get those free xp scrolls.
    And combine it with ambrosia.
    If thats not enough or is to much, then, lets just agree to disagree.

    I agree with you. I have more than 1000cp and i hate when progress is essentially erased.
    Considering ZOS is selling crown scrolls and exp as an eso+ benefit for real money i don't think exp grind should lose his value.

    Still the problem with cp and progression remain. I can't grow my character anymore because players can't be too dissimilar in strenght if they want to play togheter.
    The only thing we can progress is our pets list.

    I miss the days when i could freely grow my cp... and yes it was really unbalanced.

    I thought a lot about what to do with the cp problem but couldn't find a solution.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭
    Enlightenment helps a lot with levelling CP levels though it's only a certain amount of xp you can gain per day with it but you can level so much faster when you have it.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents: the problem isn´t necessarily the CP system (though it could certainly be improved), the problem is that you don´t need those CP. Well, they make your character a bit better but unless you play vet trials or PvP they don´t really matter. And for trials / PvP, being in a good guild and having meta gear is more important anyway.

    They need to introduce more hard content that makes use of actual builds. Like a 'survive as long as you can' arena or something.
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭
    By that logic, if someone is in white gear, everyone should be downscaled to white gear.
    It's a bad solution to a non-problem.
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭
    Kulvar wrote: »
    By that logic, if someone is in white gear, everyone should be downscaled to white gear.
    It's a bad solution to a non-problem.

    No, by that logic if someone is in white gear, everyone should be downscaled to blue or purple gear depending on the average.
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heres the thing, I grind for that cp 810, like hell I would stand for changing it, let alone removing for another.

    I am already bleepss off at all the nerfs the devs are dishing out in this game, and it feels like those nerfs cater to just one side of the player base.

    1 last straw, I am still holding to 1 last straw, cut it and I will bleeping leave this game and curse it to oblivion.

    I so bleeping love this game, but bleep the shiitt out of me and I bleeping quit.

    wow, another one that would rather see the game driven into the ground than fixed.

    And that is whats wrong with these people, they obviously disliked this "grind to 810"...and now, when people speak about it and ALL the problems it caused he stomps his foot and claim "i have taken it from behind so YOU WILL TO OR I QUIT!!!!!!"

    Well, quit, obviously this game is not enjoyable to you and you are not interested in long term longevity and health of the game because YOU decided to do something that is NOT enjoyable and now cant really deal with YOUR OWN choice.
    Edited by MikaHR on March 15, 2019 11:57AM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, you're massively underestimating the value of gear, skills (abilities), enchantments, and knowing fight mechanics.

    CP is a pretty small piece of the overall character build puzzle. Don't focus on it. It comes quicker than you'd expect. Focus on mastering your role and collecting the right gear/abilities.

    Low CP players are capable of doing the majority of the content if they know the mechanics and have the other aspects of their build squared away.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on March 15, 2019 12:18PM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] A community-based solution: If a CP100, CP500, CP386, and CP299 all grouped together, their average CP of 322 (rounding up because that's nicer) would be what each character actually has in effect. I'll explain: As equal as possible, what Player 1 has points in would gain points, and what Player 2 had points in would lose them so that both players are equal in point allocation. Ergo, you have 50 points in Master-At-Arms in The Atronach. But in a group with lower CPs, maybe your Master-At-Arms would average to only have 25 points effective. That's okay, though. If your friend had 4 points in Staff Expert, they might now have 29 points effective. This allows you to feel as strong as your friends, still make buying/selling "runs" a thing (and now that 810 you're paying gets to share his power with you so you can help), and it further incentivizes grouping (of all levels). Content can still have CP limits that you need to reach as a solo player, but once you pass that threshold, you're on par with everyone else--and the dungeon can be appropriately scaled to whatever level if necessary (though I think that defeats this purpose...).

    As someone who has seen some of the worst of the community, I truly believe that this "solution" would only reinforce the negative traits of the community, such as kicking all sub-810 CP players from your random dungeon group.

    On another note however, I think that implementing this is non-DLC normal dungeons only would be fine.

    As someone who is 810 CP and already stays away from most PVE content, this would reinforce my dislike for PVE in this game. I don't mind unslotting my CP when my friend who is new to the game wants an authentic noob-group experience (or at least as close to authentic as you can get with an experienced player in your party). However, I shouldn't be punished anymore than i already am for using the group finder.

    Edited by kypranb14_ESO on March 15, 2019 12:30PM
  • Soul19reaper
    Soul19reaper
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll remove cp and introduce something new and we'll have to farm all our golded gear once again :trollface:
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    Coulld do like some other MMO out there. Every character below your highest lvl caharcter get an EXP bonus. If my memory is rigth vanguard gave a 10% EXP bonus per character you had higher then your alt pass lvl 10.

    So you if your playing an alt with 200cp and you have a toon with 320cp and one with 810 you would get a 20% EXP bonus.

    Maybe they could make cap EXP bonus at lower level so you don't lvl from 1 to 50 in 10mins when you have 10 character in the CP ranges.

    That system is nice because it doesn't make the game trivia for new players and the burden for veteran switching mains is lesstened.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they'll remove cp and introduce something new and we'll have to farm all our golded gear once again :trollface:

    I don't think that :trollface: means what you think it means...
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a guy with ~230CP who has a "Stormproof" title, which means he has completed Maelstrom Arena on veteran difficulty. I'm at ~740CP, and I still can't defeat the final boss there.
    As a PUG player, I've been in many dungeons with both low CP and high CP players. There were so many high CP players who really had no idea how to play the game yet they were quite confident they know the game. The group get wiped out with them all the time and it's always low CP players are those who are considered guilty. When these high CP guys leave the group, someone else join in, and - despite we have low CP tank, poor DPS and I'm a bad healer - we actually complete the dungeon by simply following mechanics.

    I mean, CP doesn't make you significantly better, the real power comes from efficient build, gear, and - the most important- knowledge of the mechanics of the game.

    Also, with every CP increase in the past, the amount of points required to get certain CP levels was getting changed every time, so in the past you had to get, let's say, 1000 points to level up from 99 to 100 CP, now you just have to get 200 points to level up 99-100 CP. It's not like you have to grind the same amount of XP as veterans did, you actually have to grind less, significantly less. Patch notes always had this text
    The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a total of 810 Champion Points. The Champion Point experience curve has been automatically adjusted with this new cap, so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.
    Edited by Ermiq on March 15, 2019 1:20PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the world or me.

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop with that nonsense, power creep from CP is enormous, bu yeah, if you are THAT bad...no amount of CP will help you so you wont really miss them, this thread is not about you being bad at the game but about CP and objectively measurable enormous power creep it brought with it (along with gear, which has to be nerfed ot base game level too)
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭
    [*] A community-based solution: If a CP100, CP500, CP386, and CP299 all grouped together, their average CP of 322 (rounding up because that's nicer) would be what each character actually has in effect. I'll explain: As equal as possible, what Player 1 has points in would gain points, and what Player 2 had points in would lose them so that both players are equal in point allocation. Ergo, you have 50 points in Master-At-Arms in The Atronach. But in a group with lower CPs, maybe your Master-At-Arms would average to only have 25 points effective. That's okay, though. If your friend had 4 points in Staff Expert, they might now have 29 points effective. This allows you to feel as strong as your friends, still make buying/selling "runs" a thing (and now that 810 you're paying gets to share his power with you so you can help), and it further incentivizes grouping (of all levels). Content can still have CP limits that you need to reach as a solo player, but once you pass that threshold, you're on par with everyone else--and the dungeon can be appropriately scaled to whatever level if necessary (though I think that defeats this purpose...).

    As someone who has seen some of the worst of the community, I truly believe that this "solution" would only reinforce the negative traits of the community, such as kicking all sub-810 CP players from your random dungeon group.

    On another note however, I think that implementing this is non-DLC normal dungeons only would be fine.

    As someone who is 810 CP and already stays away from most PVE content, this would reinforce my dislike for PVE in this game. I don't mind unslotting my CP when my friend who is new to the game wants an authentic noob-group experience (or at least as close to authentic as you can get with an experienced player in your party). However, I shouldn't be punished anymore than i already am for using the group finder.

    But right now a lot of people get kicked or excluded from content because they are not 810. I have seen people shout specifically for 810 CP players for vet dungeons such as city of Ash 2. This is the problem and what happens to a lot of players that are 115 CP as they see this? A lot just quit the game.

    That means new players never actually reach end game content. That means less people to make groups with for random trials. That also means without a fresh player base coming in the game eventually dies.

    The other half of the problem is the 810 players not allowing new players to learn mechanics or fights just because they can plow through content and skip mechanics. So now we have new players that have no clue how to run content because they qued into normal roulete and got carried by other 810 players. So now when they get to trials they have no clue how to follow a mechanic because in their eyes 810 skip all mechanics. It sometimes makes players quit because they see just how powerful a 810 player is.

    What they need to do is put a cap on dungeons even normal ones. FF 14 does this and it forces players to actually play the game. You can be level 70 and do your daily random dungeon, but the dungeon is level 20. So the dungeon scales your gear down to that level, any moves you would have after that level are removed from use, and you have to actually play the game the way it was intended to be played. This forced new players to learn mechanics and made it not a toxic environment where high level players always blamed the low level. I'm not saying copy this exactly but implimemt something so higher levels can't ruin the gaming experience for the new player base.

    A d if you come in here and tell me that you only play this game because you are 810 cp and that an idea that makes you actually play the game instead of steamrolling content means you should probably quit because you actually don't want to play the game at all lol.
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭
    likecats wrote: »
    Kulvar wrote: »
    By that logic, if someone is in white gear, everyone should be downscaled to white gear.
    It's a bad solution to a non-problem.

    No, by that logic if someone is in white gear, everyone should be downscaled to blue or purple gear depending on the average.

    Sounds like a great way to see all newer players get kicked from all pug dungeon runs and never get to run a trial. Making things harder for a group because of the inclusion of a weak link will just encourage removal of said link.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simple solution to the distasteful grind:

    Don't grind
    Just play and let the CP come as it comes.

    I have over 1250 CP. I did not grind one minute for any of them. I just played the game.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some way to collect CP exp. without any grind. My favourite you can do daily random dungeon for extra 100k CP exp/character. I collected skill points from dungeons with random daily normal lfg. My CP is 1200+ but I can do 1CP/day easily at this level, the catch up system helps u lot.

    But yes, that would be fair enough to collect CP exp under lvl50 too. Sometimes I felt waste of time to play with <lvl50 character. I played a few days with low level character and needed break the progression because I felt enlightement 12 day will lost. It's the past, now I can easily lvl up to 50 without grind a few days. Last warden lvl up with public dungeons + caves for skyshard + random daily normal lfg :)
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on March 15, 2019 4:19PM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] A community-based solution: If a CP100, CP500, CP386, and CP299 all grouped together, their average CP of 322 (rounding up because that's nicer) would be what each character actually has in effect. I'll explain: As equal as possible, what Player 1 has points in would gain points, and what Player 2 had points in would lose them so that both players are equal in point allocation. Ergo, you have 50 points in Master-At-Arms in The Atronach. But in a group with lower CPs, maybe your Master-At-Arms would average to only have 25 points effective. That's okay, though. If your friend had 4 points in Staff Expert, they might now have 29 points effective. This allows you to feel as strong as your friends, still make buying/selling "runs" a thing (and now that 810 you're paying gets to share his power with you so you can help), and it further incentivizes grouping (of all levels). Content can still have CP limits that you need to reach as a solo player, but once you pass that threshold, you're on par with everyone else--and the dungeon can be appropriately scaled to whatever level if necessary (though I think that defeats this purpose...).

    As someone who has seen some of the worst of the community, I truly believe that this "solution" would only reinforce the negative traits of the community, such as kicking all sub-810 CP players from your random dungeon group.

    On another note however, I think that implementing this is non-DLC normal dungeons only would be fine.

    As someone who is 810 CP and already stays away from most PVE content, this would reinforce my dislike for PVE in this game. I don't mind unslotting my CP when my friend who is new to the game wants an authentic noob-group experience (or at least as close to authentic as you can get with an experienced player in your party). However, I shouldn't be punished anymore than i already am for using the group finder.

    1- But right now a lot of people get kicked or excluded from content because they are not 810. I have seen people shout specifically for 810 CP players for vet dungeons such as city of Ash 2. This is the problem and what happens to a lot of players that are 115 CP as they see this? A lot just quit the game.

    2- That means new players never actually reach end game content. That means less people to make groups with for random trials. That also means without a fresh player base coming in the game eventually dies.

    3- The other half of the problem is the 810 players not allowing new players to learn mechanics or fights just because they can plow through content and skip mechanics. So now we have new players that have no clue how to run content because they qued into normal roulete and got carried by other 810 players. So now when they get to trials they have no clue how to follow a mechanic because in their eyes 810 skip all mechanics. It sometimes makes players quit because they see just how powerful a 810 player is.

    4- What they need to do is put a cap on dungeons even normal ones. FF 14 does this and it forces players to actually play the game. You can be level 70 and do your daily random dungeon, but the dungeon is level 20. So the dungeon scales your gear down to that level, any moves you would have after that level are removed from use, and you have to actually play the game the way it was intended to be played. This forced new players to learn mechanics and made it not a toxic environment where high level players always blamed the low level. I'm not saying copy this exactly but implimemt something so higher levels can't ruin the gaming experience for the new player base.

    5- A d if you come in here and tell me that you only play this game because you are 810 cp and that an idea that makes you actually play the game instead of steamrolling content means you should probably quit because you actually don't want to play the game at all lol.

    1- My point was that introducing a system that scales high CP players down when they are grouped with low level players would make the existing problem of kicking low CP players even worse. Someone with 115 CP should be worried about getting those last 45CP to wear 160 equipment, not about veteran dungeons.

    2- New players will reach endgame content just fine, just like everyone else. Stick to the game, play how you want to play, and you will earn CP doing so.

    3- I do see this as a problem, but the simple solution is to make like-minded friends who don't want to blow through content without learning mechanics.

    4- Rather than capping power on high level players, why not introduce a bracketed queue?
    - CP 10-159 get queued together. (These are CP level players who do not have access to CP160 gear)
    - CP 160-299 get queued together. (These are CP level players who do have access to CP160 gear, but have not yet achieved the full 20% max pool bonus)
    - CP 300-810 get queued together. (These are CP level players who do have access to CP160 gear, and have the full 20% max pool bonus.)

    5- Considering the only content I play frequently is Non-CP 50+ battlegrounds, no I don't only play because I am 810 CP. However, that 810 CP is nice for blowing through content to get gear I'd like to try out in PVP.

    @Kidgangster101
    Edited by kypranb14_ESO on March 15, 2019 11:14PM
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    OP, you're massively underestimating the value of gear, skills (abilities), enchantments, and knowing fight mechanics.

    CP is a pretty small piece of the overall character build puzzle. Don't focus on it. It comes quicker than you'd expect. Focus on mastering your role and collecting the right gear/abilities.

    Low CP players are capable of doing the majority of the content if they know the mechanics and have the other aspects of their build squared away.

    CP still plays a major role in progression or just "quality of life" to the point of creating a domino effect. Someone could be in this predicament: "I can't get the best gear because of my CP. When I try to level my CP, it takes too long and takes the fun out of it. I'm in this endless loop of not being strong enough to get what I want, despite having the desire to get stronger." For me, it goes back to making the grind different.

    If your comment speaks to me directly, I went full into a Frost/Shock staff Tank as a Nightblade. I love it. No one yells at me for not having Sword and Shield. I have self-sustain for days, soloing boss fights when my team was dying repeatedly and too easily. With this, I'm proud of the "strong for [my] CP level" character I've managed to create. I actually haven't massively underestimated the value of those things listed. I apply them to myself. As stated, I try not to focus on CP, but it makes such a big impact. That can't be ignored. Simply the objective information of "I have 600 levels left to get" is daunting for myself and I'm sure other players.

    You're right, CP doesn't stop you from experiencing that much content. It does affect how well you do within that content. CP offers small numbers. But something small multiplied by a lot makes for a big thing. I like the concept of CP. I feel it needs reworking--as the developers have begun to think about.
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭

    As someone who has seen some of the worst of the community, I truly believe that this "solution" would only reinforce the negative traits of the community, such as kicking all sub-810 CP players from your random dungeon group.

    On another note however, I think that implementing this is non-DLC normal dungeons only would be fine.

    As someone who is 810 CP and already stays away from most PVE content, this would reinforce my dislike for PVE in this game. I don't mind unslotting my CP when my friend who is new to the game wants an authentic noob-group experience (or at least as close to authentic as you can get with an experienced player in your party). However, I shouldn't be punished anymore than i already am for using the group finder.

    We've had different experiences with the community and group finder. I'm glad to have almost always found pleasant, team-oriented people. I have been kicked once from a group for my lower CP back when I was Dpsing. It was good enough to queue for Veteran, but when the boss didn't die within a predetermined amount of time, they kicked me to not deal with the slowness. That was discouraging.

    Can you elaborate on the line "I shouldn't be punished anymore than I already am for using group finder"? Are you getting kicked from groups as a CP810? Or is something else happening to you?

    I do like your idea of the Averaging CP solution to be applied to only normal dungeons (non-DLC I don't agree with, but it's something). That would make Veteran Dungeons feel more, well, demanding. It still creates a divide, though. When you've achieved 300 CP to do some Veteran Dungeons, do you truly stand up next to the 810s doing the same content? That's still 510 points not being applied to your stats. And I'll state that I compare 810s to others because I see and interact with more 810s than not. That's just me.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eormenric wrote: »
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    OP, you're massively underestimating the value of gear, skills (abilities), enchantments, and knowing fight mechanics.

    CP is a pretty small piece of the overall character build puzzle. Don't focus on it. It comes quicker than you'd expect. Focus on mastering your role and collecting the right gear/abilities.

    Low CP players are capable of doing the majority of the content if they know the mechanics and have the other aspects of their build squared away.

    CP still plays a major role in progression or just "quality of life" to the point of creating a domino effect. Someone could be in this predicament: "I can't get the best gear because of my CP. When I try to level my CP, it takes too long and takes the fun out of it. I'm in this endless loop of not being strong enough to get what I want, despite having the desire to get stronger." For me, it goes back to making the grind different.

    If your comment speaks to me directly, I went full into a Frost/Shock staff Tank as a Nightblade. I love it. No one yells at me for not having Sword and Shield. I have self-sustain for days, soloing boss fights when my team was dying repeatedly and too easily. With this, I'm proud of the "strong for [my] CP level" character I've managed to create. I actually haven't massively underestimated the value of those things listed. I apply them to myself. As stated, I try not to focus on CP, but it makes such a big impact. That can't be ignored. Simply the objective information of "I have 600 levels left to get" is daunting for myself and I'm sure other players.

    You're right, CP doesn't stop you from experiencing that much content. It does affect how well you do within that content. CP offers small numbers. But something small multiplied by a lot makes for a big thing. I like the concept of CP. I feel it needs reworking--as the developers have begun to think about.

    Right, well, we'll see how you feel about the difference between your current CP level and max CP level when you get here.

    Until then, keep in mind that the bulk the complaints people have about low cp players isn't about the numbers the put out, it's about their tendency to ignore mechanics, stand in fire, and refusal to read the chat. Generally speaking, the lack of character experience is indicative of the lack of player experience, not statistical power.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who grinds for CP?

    Well eitherway I am fine with the current system, creep and all. I guess the alt below 50 earning CP could help things but the rest of your ideas suck and only hurt the ones who play the game the most...

    CP is account bound, can be earned from everything once you 50 and help you feel rewarded instead of grinding gear for specific builds...

    I guess my only complaint about CP is I know it will be overhauled soon.
Sign In or Register to comment.