Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dear Devs..

• Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + 1 for the inclusion of Ohmes-Raht. I could recreate my main from Daggerfall... oh the memories <3 ...

EDIT
    But the Ohmes in Arena didn't have tails I think... just their Ohmes-Raht successors in Daggerfall. But it's been so long I actually might not remember this correctly.

Well you couldn't see tails on the Arena Khajiits in the one image provided in the paperdoll, but since all the Khajiit faces in Daggerfall match the ones in Arena exactly, and I believe it was Ted Peterson who said that the original plan was to be able to continue playing your same Arena character in Daggerfall, I have always assumed that they also had tails in Arena, but they just weren't visible from the one angle provided.

There was no way to tell from the NPCs in Arena either, since the NPCs in each province were just the same humanoid-shaped blob with different colored skin..

Ohmes and Ohmes-Raht are different subvarieties of Kahjiit. Ohmes are virtually identical to Bosmer and have no visible cat-like features. Ohmes-Raht on the other hand are taller, have a tail and are covered in tan fur.
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »

Ohmes and Ohmes-Raht are different subvarieties of Kahjiit. Ohmes are virtually identical to Bosmer and have no visible cat-like features. Ohmes-Raht on the other hand are taller, have a tail and are covered in tan fur.

Yes I understand that, and I know that the whole reason they came up with the two separate sub-types was because of the different appearances of Khajiits in the Arena paperdolls as opposed to the Daggerfall ones. However, as you can see, each Khajiiit face from Arena has a corresponding face in Daggerfall (ignore the third face for each, they are from a mod I made for Morrowind):

faces.jpg

So the characters are clearly intended to be the same characters in both games, and they clearly have tails in Daggerfall, so either side of the argument has equal validity to me..
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sniper! Great photoshop, dude!
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sniper! Great photoshop, dude!

Thankkyew Space :)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people who don't want it either don't like furry creatures, or don't read the lore. personally, I think it should look more beastly.
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 14, 2019 6:53PM
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    people who don't want it either don't like furry creatures, or don't read the lore. personally, I think it should look more beastly.

I agree, I just threw this together as a quick-and-dirty kind of half joking post.

..Maybe I will do a more detailed version, though..
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's ugly
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    how did you get a tail on a, woodelf?

what witchcraft is this

Well, OP just wanted a stealth passive a lot on a Bosmer and prayed to the gods, and then found "it" in under the door in a crib
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 14, 2019 7:29PM
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    There, added fur (and a shadow for the tail :p )
    Edited by SniperDaria on March 14, 2019 9:58PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's one way for bosmer to get it's stealth passive back I suppose XD

lol, that's what I was thinking.

Actually, a squirrel tail would be more apt for a Wood Elf. :smiley:
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another mockup of where the fur patterns would be based upon the Daggerfall paperdoll (AFAIK the only available image of a Ohmes-Raht)

Fur1.jpg

Edited by SniperDaria on March 20, 2019 6:12PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, purrfect fur!
    My Daggerfall Ohmes-raht used face No. 19.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    This abomination should never happen.

I have to agree with this. My guess is OP wants a cute girl with a little tail instead of a furry cat.

Well it is a legit type of khajiit in the lore. So why not?
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the release of Elsweyr coming in a few months, I just wanted to leave this here so you can see just how beautiful Ohmes-Raht Khajiits could be :) (hint hint)

Ohmes-Raht1.jpg

It could happen.. :P

It took the game devs ALMOST five years to introduce the simple concept of changing character positions on the select screen AND they threw themselves a party over the achievement. The game has yet to fix the lag in Cryoland.... you know the crown jewel of the game ( :D ) So how long do you think it would take Zo$ to figure out how to put a tail on a wood elf? My guess is you will get Skyrim 2 before that happens.
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen that mod in Skyrim a few times and while it looks fine I'd rather not see it included here.

Sub races can be interesting but I'd prefer to see them as NPC's and not as playable characters. Just my two fish.
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

It took the game devs ALMOST five years to introduce the simple concept of changing character positions on the select screen AND they threw themselves a party over the achievement. The game has yet to fix the lag in Cryoland.... you know the crown jewel of the game ( :D ) So how long do you think it would take Zo$ to figure out how to put a tail on a wood elf? My guess is you will get Skyrim 2 before that happens.

Especially since there will never be a "Skyrim 2".. Unless you are talking about Elder Scrolls VI, in which case I'm hoping it was a joke :)
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    OhmesR1.jpg

This makes me happy and sad at the same time :):(
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhmesR1.jpg

This makes me happy and sad at the same time :):(

It makes me happy, as I was worried they wouldn't show up in any form - this could lead into more when the rest of Elsweyr is added, I hope. :smile:

Seeing the digitigrade feet on the Suthay Monk Statue gives me hope that TES3: Morrowind Style Khajiit will eventually show up too! And I guess Tojay and Tojay-raht are also digitigrade based on their statues.

And nicely done with Photoshop, with the tail and later the image with fur.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove some comments that were inappropriate for these forums.

While ESO may be rated for mature audiences, please keep in mind that these forums are available for anyone to view.

Thank you for your understanding and please take a moment to review our Community Rules here.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's one way for bosmer to get it's stealth passive back I suppose XD

Jokes aside, she does look really good, nice job :)

🤔 Sneaky sneaky....a new branch to bosmer sneak passives request.
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole thing is kind of bittersweet for me now. I kind of regret making this post lol because now even though I am excited that for the first time since Arena my Ohmes-Raht will be able to explore more of Elsweyr, I am at the same time sad she won't be able to do it as a legitimate khajiit..
    Edited by SniperDaria on May 10, 2019 6:23PM