The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where did all the fun on forums go?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Like I used to check the forums daily and have fun reading random fun stuff or answering people's questions... Now it's just complaints, requests and open letter demands.

Why so serious and whiny nowadays? :(
Edited by Nyladreas on March 13, 2019 8:08PM
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's either complaining or people being smartasses to get Insightfuls, Agrees, and Awesomes.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »
    It's either complaining or people being smartasses to get Insightfuls, Agrees, and Awesomes.

Man, this modern age is screwed.... Everyone just going for absolutely pointless ratings. :/ and I just don't understand why.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are still some interesting and fun threads on occasion...

after spending almost a few years here now on the forums I've definitely gotten a little more selective in my engagement on different threads...

we need new blood :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's because forums are a dying platform compared to other social media powerhouses. A lot of people have moved to Discord and Reddit for topic-specific discussion.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did all the fun on forums go? They nerfed it.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Like I used to check the forums daily and have fun reading random fun stuff or answering people's questions... Now it's just complaints, requests and open letter demands.

You forgot agenda driven polls
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's up to the players to engage with interesting threads. Most actual content threads get a few comments and ignored while rants/requests and complain keep getting answers and counter rants.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been in the forums for long and I sent a letter requesting to have my forum account deleted but I couldn't be bothered to go through all the steps to do so. So guess you're all stuck with me ;)

On a serious note, we need to remember to have some element of fun....life's too short.😊🤓
    Edited by wishlist14 on March 13, 2019 8:32PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did all the fun on forums go? They nerfed it.

for what it's worth talking worm - I believe you have done a fantastic job at helping to keep things light and fun here on our forum...

I definitely appreciate your posts :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or people complaining about starting fun threads >...>
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably nerfed along with shields, highelf and woodelf....
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An open letter to people not having fun:

Have more fun.

-Yoda
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everything was better when ppl posted daily memes about argonian shoes >:)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bah humbug... I blame it on millennials B)

It's actually a known fact that people are more inclined to comment about things they don't like rather than things they like. You are more likely to complain about bad service than positively comment on good service. If something meets expectations, we simply accept that it has done it's job, but heaven forbid if it doesn't.
    Edited by disintegr8 on March 13, 2019 9:13PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is only here to farm Insightful and Awesome.
    m003F0sl.png
    Please help hard working Khajiit.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or people being smartasses to get Insightfuls, Agrees, and Awesomes.

That would be me....

Edited by Bouldercleave on March 13, 2019 9:17PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm not 100% certain, but I'd venture to guess that most of the player-base is pretty annoyed about the poor development decisions that have been made over the last few years in both PvE and PvP, and most are probably frustrated at the lack of Developer communication here on the forums (which has been none except to post patch notes, remove negative comments, or lock threads these days).

Also, not a lot of fun to be had when great ideas become hampered by unnecessary and redundant changes that ultimately defeat the purpose of a new addition *cough* Jewelry crafting *cough* transmutation *cough* unwarranted racial nerfs *cough* *gasp*
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People just don't accept things as they are anymore and want change.

If you bought a car 40 years ago that could only do right hand turns, people accepted it as it was and if they wanted a car that also did left hand turns, they just bought a different car. These days we buy the right turn only car and ask for it to be modified to turn left as well.

The problem is that when something is changed, it is not always changed for the better. I like transmutation because it gets rid of some of the grind, the limit on held crystals is a real pain though.

Jewelry crafting sounded really good and being able to make jewelry for craftable sets is fantastic, just a pity about how they stuffed up the improvement dust/ounces to ensure there was still a place for the golden vendor.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fun should be banned
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game was fun, you wouldnt be on the forums.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be the change you wish to see. This thread, ironically contributes to the opposite of what you want to see, doesn’t it? Make a thread in keeping with your vision.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Unfortunately, there is a very small and very loud clique here that tries to dominate the forums. If you do a marginally quick census, you can easily see that there are 5-8 of the same people who stew in negativity. It can be difficult to have conversations when that crowd keeps steamrolling through.

So. People who want a more positive, creative scene tend to go to Reddit. Honestly, it's a great place to talk about the game, and share your pictures/builds/whatever. The truly negative people just get downvoted, and their posts and threads disappear.

For here, counter the negativity. Contribute to positive threads, and create your own. Don't get sucked into toxic threads, and don't banter with the people that keep them going. Also, moderators can't read everything, so report comments and threads to help the situation. As was mentioned above, be part of the change.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the Housing section of the forums. There's a lot of friendly and fun stuff going on over there.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/housing
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the time of this posting, I have 261 insghitfuls, 1.3k agrees, and 1.4k awesomes.

In case you were curious.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a thread about farting in here that's pretty great.

Other than that yeah, zos is the devil and the game is dying. So on and so forth.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    07b1eb4590ed52e96aaabaf9d53cd94b74505e5054c25c1a16bbe23fe483d6bb.jpg
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowflakes.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snowflakes.

Melted by a single Jay Z joke...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I haven't been in the forums for long and I sent a letter requesting to have my forum account deleted but I couldn't be bothered to go through all the steps to do so. So guess you're all stuck with me ;)

On a serious note, we need to remember to have some element of fun....life's too short.😊🤓

Or you could just stop logging in?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It goes in spurts.

There's a cycle to it. When there's a new PTS, we get lots of activity hyping and complaining about changes, and then once the new update hits first PC and then console, we go through the usual Stages of Grief posting as players come to terms with the new status quo.

As that fades, people relax and have fun in the lull before the next batch of new content hype.

So if you feel like the fun is missing, consider that Wrathstone just dropped for console, and we're coming off a contentious PTS and the PC launch.

As folks start accepting that, yeah, ZOS fixed the siege bug, and no, racial changes arent the end of the world for your race/class combo, we'll see less volume of complaints.