The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Transmute Stones: Available for Tel Var?

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The flow of transmute stones is SOOOOOO slow. I love buildcraft in this game but transmute stones are a major bottleneck. I'm mostly ok with a time-gate mechanic as it exists, but it would be really nice to have a way to go pick up an extra stone or two when you really need it.

How about available for Tel Var purchase?

Make them expensive, I don't care, I'd just like to have SOME way to acquire stones that I can kind of control.

What do you guys think?

Transmute Stones: Available for Tel Var? 57 votes

Heck yes!
66%
ZelosSolarikenMojmirXsorusBriolaseChefZeroDarkhorse1975AhzekNermyInvictusApolloMayraelEmma_OverloadMinnoKatahdinmemofinCasulTyrion87kylewwefanBeardimusbardx86 38 votes
No, because reasons
33%
idkCastanamereIdinuseMasterSpatulaTaleof2Citiesredspecter23meekeyceeRajinPVPzykKadoinTheValar85susmitdsQbikenDeep_01fullheartcontainerNelothRaammzzaaRakeBlinkin8r 19 votes
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation crystals are not meant to be the primary means to obtain your gear.

The rate at which we are able to get them is fine. Providing you put forth the effort.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because reasons
    Go to cyrodiil and get tier 1 rewards like everyone else.

I get it. You have a ton of tel var and want to use your primary resource to get a resource you don't have as much of. I have millions of gold and it would personally benefit me if I could turn that resource into transmute crystals, but I also don't think it's a good idea overall.
    Edited by redspecter23 on March 12, 2019 4:59PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!

I get it. You have a ton of tel var and want to use your primary resource to get a resource you don't have as much of. I have millions of gold and it would personally benefit me if I could turn that resource into transmute crystals, but I also don't think it's a good idea overall.

T1 equates to 1 stone. That's awful.

All I want is a way to gain stones by effort and not time-gates and RNG. Is that really too much to ask?
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go and get tier 3 in pvp it’s not that hard just wait for a keep to get attacked and set up 4 5 oils I get 2-3 characters tier 3
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    Destyran wrote: »
    Go and get tier 3 in pvp it’s not that hard just wait for a keep to get attacked and set up 4 5 oils I get 2-3 characters tier 3

You only need t1.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

All I want is a way to gain stones by effort and not time-gates and RNG. Is that really too much to ask?
    25k AP is an hour or less for a halfway decent player in a populated campaign. You can do that for 8, 12 ,15 characters if you want. Are you transmuting more than that many items in a month?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    Kartalin wrote: »

25k AP is an hour or less for a halfway decent player in a populated campaign. You can do that for 8, 12 ,15 characters if you want. Are you transmuting more than that many items in a month?

I home to Shor and get T1 on three toons every week, plus the daily RFTWs, daily BG bag, and daily pledge bags. I chew through those stones like candy, I've never been near the 200 cap.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For whatever reason you get more in a 30 day campaign. 50 crystals per 30 days instead of 10 per 7 days. Patience I guess. Over 210 days (least common multiple of 7 and 30), a 30 day gives you 350 crystals versus just 300 crystals in a 7 day.
    • PC/NA
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Transmutation crystals are not meant to be the primary means to obtain your gear.

The rate at which we are able to get them is fine. Providing you put forth the effort.

I feel this is not true anymore since the introduction of jewelry crafting.

Jewelry can´t drop in most of it´s traits - making transmutation not the main but the ONLY way to obtain any non crafted set in a desired trait that is not the one it drops by default.

The statement you loosely quoted from zos is objectively wrong by now and transmutation crystals storing + aquisition should be reevaluated as a result. IMO.

That does not say i agree with the topic though. I just think the statement made was wrong.
    Edited by Derra on March 13, 2019 7:12AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    YES.

BLESS YOU, SOLARIKEN, FOR THIS POLL!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    Anrose wrote: »

Your logic is faulty. Nobody ever obtained gear via transmutation crystals, even if they had a million of them. All the crystals do is change the trait.

Just because YOU don't need to transmute very often doesn't mean other people don't. For example, if I wanted to use Armor of the Trainee on my current build, I would need to transmute 5 pieces to Impenetrable, because it ONLY comes in Training trait. Robes of Destruction Mastery is another set that demands transmutation for Impenetrable, as well. The game is full of stuff like this.

Transmutation scarcity is just another dumb mechanic that wastes time and frustrates players. Putting them in the Tel Var store would at least give people another option for grinding them in a more enjoyable way.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because reasons
    I voted no, but maybe I'm on the fence.

I want to see PVP players have access to a steady flow of transmutation crystals. It's something I advocated strongly for when the transmutation system was introduced.

We received that in the form of end of campaign rewards, but it has had some negative side effects. In particular, it encourages a PVE grind mentality in Cyrodiil and has, IMO, increased the rate of PVE raids that grind undefended objectives for the purpose of obtaining geodes on all characters. Even PVP focused players do this on their PVE characters.

IC is affected by this already but it would be disappointing to see it get worse. If your proposed change were to occur, I'd want to see IC's risk increase proportionate to the reward by increasing the amount of TV stones lost at death.

The reason I'm on the fence is that by restoring the original TV loss and making IC the main source for a highly sought after resource could rejuvenate it. But it has to be done right so players aren't complacent enough give in to boring, risk-free grinds.
    Edited by zyk on March 13, 2019 11:27AM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd happily sell you some.

ZOS should make (at least) the geodes tradeable.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    I'd happily sell you some.

ZOS should make (at least) the geodes tradeable.

This would be a fine solution too. It wouldn't drastically increase the number if stones in existence and would also help the economy with another high value item to trade.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because reasons
    I would like to change my vote to “yes”... 😉
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The flow of transmute stones is SOOOOOO slow. I love buildcraft in this game but transmute stones are a major bottleneck. I'm mostly ok with a time-gate mechanic as it exists, but it would be really nice to have a way to go pick up an extra stone or two when you really need it.

How about available for Tel Var purchase?

Make them expensive, I don't care, I'd just like to have SOME way to acquire stones that I can kind of control.

What do you guys think?

What about trading them in guilds?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m more surprised that more PVErs aren’t up in arms that PVP is still the most efficient way of gaining crystals. I’m sitting on 25+ unopened boxes of 50 crystals. I only crack one open when needed and slowly increase what’s in my currency from opening the daily RftW. But I may only transmute 5-6 things a month and maintain my reserves.
    • PC/NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    Not a bad idea actually! Bring more folks to IC, cool
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    I’m more surprised that more PVErs aren’t up in arms that PVP is still the most efficient way of gaining crystals. I’m sitting on 25+ unopened boxes of 50 crystals. I only crack one open when needed and slowly increase what’s in my currency from opening the daily RftW. But I may only transmute 5-6 things a month and maintain my reserves.

They have been. Many many times!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because reasons

As someone who does mostly pve, it does bother me that transmutes are so much easier to get in pvp. I do what I need to. I get out there and pvdoor like a champ on as many toons as I can bother with each month. It's a means to an end. Would I prefer pve activities to be a bit more rewarding for transmutes? Sure. But I'll always gravitate toward the most efficient path I can comfortably do.

If a pvp player ever tries to put me down for my adequate pvdoor skills, I brush it off. I'm not there for pvp. I'm there because ZOS wants me to be there and I'll be getting what I want and getting out as fast as possible.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t begrudge anyone the transmute crystal hustle. Maybe the goal is to build up the pvp playerbase? A nice sentiment but there is definitely a learning curve that not everyone is willing to put up with.

Recently ran a vet dungeon for a particular set with pvp guilmates about 20+ times over the course of two evenings. I probably got about 6 or 7 crystals from the final boss in that period. That was over 5 hours of effort.

A half hour of pvp each night would guarantee 8 crystals minimum with the chance of up to 50 (though 10 is more reasonable).
    • PC/NA
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol I still havn't burnt threw my stockpile I got during the first month or so it came out. Been clogging the inventory on all my toons. I'm constantly changing my builds to. :p I feel sorry for people that didn't take advantage of the design flaw when it first came out.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yes!
    This is a great idea. Gotta risk it for the biscuit!
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because reasons
    no becasue pvp players already earning waaay faster crystals then pve players, and when some one bring up an idea to increase the daliy dungeon crystal number from 1 to 5 it was voted down due to forcing more pve players into pvp enviroment wich is lets face it sux cos ruins alot of pvp experiance in teh game when it comes to see pve geared players with in a BG or in cyrodiil with pve CP with pve gear. so NO!
    Edited by TheValar85 on March 17, 2019 2:59AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Even PVP focused players do this on their PVE characters.

I am neither PvE or PvP focussed, more on "enjoying all the game I can focussed", but guilty as charged. I always take my PvE in to get my t1. TM stones are too good to good to pass up.

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait. can you transfer transmute between toons of the same account??

but for the OP idea, i' transmute stuff alot too (can't make up my mind on builds) and if I do the random dailies and BGs, and a couple hours in Cyro to get those "alliance reward" boxes that usually contains 1 - 5 crytals, I already have enough.

problem is people who don't own IC, they dont have access to this.

i'd vote transmute should be tradeable and can be put up in Guild Traders.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber