The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furnishings for a Guar Staple

thedovahmon
thedovahmon
✭✭✭✭
So a few days ago I bought Stay-Moist Mansion and I'm slowly getting around to decorating it. I want to make the staples to the left of the manor more than just a few slabs of stone for all my Guar like the rest of the Staples throughout Tamriel but I don't know where to start. Can anyone point me to some specific furnishings or give me some advice?
"Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some pergola's & tents that could work, I'm thinking the Orc one.

But if it were me, I'd simply use mud coloured rocks, some vines and hedges to soften the edges, and build my own little shelter for my Guars. In that way you have control of the size and look. Depending on floor, you could use timble slabs, or bury some hedges down far enough so they appear to be grass. Perhaps build a little stage area to lift Guar off the floor a little.

Good luck with it, and I'd love to see some pictures of what you finally do. :)
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you stapling the guar to the stable wall?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Are you stapling the guar to the stable wall?

I would, but I can't find Staplers big enough to get the job done.

In all seriousness though, I would never harm my precious Guars (Or any Guar outside of WBs or Dungeons), I want them to feel loved~
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about one of the Redguard canopies or the Agonian reed canopy for the shelter? The Orcish shingles shelter or Orcish shingled canopy would work as well for a rustic stable. For the fencing something like the Argonian lattice or planks with maybe something like the Hlaalu wall pillar to anchor each side of a gate and the corners. If I come up with more I'll add them.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make a guar feel at home, you need a shroom for the roof, most of the "netch" varieties are large enough for shelters, maybe too large in some cases.
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see some pictures when you are done OP. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a high-res screenshot of what you want to achieve (an in-game counterpart of said stable), then we would be able to make a better guess
    Options