The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Request] Crystal Fragments Hardcast Block

RamiroCruzo
RamiroCruzo
✭✭✭
As the title says, when casting skill with 350ish pings, Frags are often casted and then they start channeling, is there any existing addon or can any OP mod maker senpai make it please :3
Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
Blood for the Pact
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is possible. I believe trying something like this would produce an access violation error (addon crash). The API is very picky about addons messing with protected functions like movement or casting skills. Even trying to access their names in the global table seems to cause problems.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I don't think this is possible. I believe trying something like this would produce an access violation error (addon crash). The API is very picky about addons messing with protected functions like movement or casting skills. Even trying to access their names in the global table seems to cause problems.

Thanks for the reply, not to deny what you said, but I came across the following addon which delays our skill spam while skill is being channeled, not sure if its what it does, code seemed to access hooks and stuff (oblivious about LUI). If its legit then we can work something out? :3

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1829-ChannelSkillHelper.html
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you trying to achieve?
    Abort a channeling skill if you do not need it anymore?
    There is an API function CancelCast() which does this e.g.

You can try it out ingame by writing this to the chat
    /script CancelCast()

Start a crystal fragment and then just paste this to chat and hit the return key. If you are fast enough it should abort the cast.
    Also works for teleports e.g.
    Edited by Baertram on March 14, 2019 9:44PM
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    What are you trying to achieve?
    Abort a channeling skill if you do not need it anymore?
    There is an API function CancelCast() which does this e.g.

You can try it out ingame by writing this to the chat
    /script CancelCast()

Start a crystal fragment and then just paste this to chat and hit the return key. If you are fast enough it should abort the cast.
    Also works for teleports e.g.

Well okay, I didn't realize that an API call existed for that. In that case you could probably just write an addon that filters your outgoing combat events for the hard cast frag abilityId and then just call that cancel function.
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I didn't realize that such a function would exist unprotected. I was under the impression everything related to player combat actions were protected from access by addons. I wonder why this was exempted.
    Edited by code65536 on March 15, 2019 2:33PM
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this is not going to give you an advantage at all I'd say.
    You could even block or do other stuff to abort the cast?
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this is not going to give you an advantage at all I'd say.
    You could even block or do other stuff to abort the cast?

It would lessen the impact of a mistake. Usually, if I start a hard casted frag by accident, by the time I realize it and react to block-cancel it, I've already lost almost a second of time. If it can be instantly cancelled without me having to even notice it, that would be quite the boon.
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you actually try to notice this? I doubt there is an event or skill funcgion you could check as the casts get started? Or at least none which is public.

And btw: If you press the key, how should an addon know if it should abort now or leave you as it was desired? :-)
    Maybe it could check for the morph and only use it if it's costless this time (if you are able to).
    Just don't slot it if you do not want to use it :-)

So better do not invent such an addon please as this wil lresult in CancelCast() being non-public anymore which would break BeamMeUp addon e.g. and others! So don't, please!!!
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you actually try to notice this? I doubt there is an event or skill funcgion you could check as the casts get started? Or at least none which is public.

And btw: If you press the key, how should an addon know if it should abort now or leave you as it was desired? :-)
    Maybe it could check for the morph and only use it if it's costless this time (if you are able to).
    Just don't slot it if you do not want to use it :-)

So better do not invent such an addon please as this wil lresult in CancelCast() being non-public anymore which would break BeamMeUp addon e.g. and others! So don't, please!!!

The COMBAT_EVENT has a result type for BEGIN_CAST (or something similar, I don't remember off the top of my head). So just filter events that have the player as the source, filter on the BEGIN event, filter on the ID you want to cancel, call CancelCast() (which I'm surprised exists).

And that would do it (most likely).
    Edited by Drummerx04 on March 16, 2019 4:57PM

Notable Completions:

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options