The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Strike 1, strike 2,

russelmmendoza
russelmmendoza
✭✭✭✭✭
I hate what you did with the racial passive,
I hate what you did with dw enchant,
I waiting for your take on cp system,
I really love playing eso, but I really think your doing everything for it to be hated.

Still trying to love this game, its just frustrating to play this game the way you want me to play it.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love playing eso, but I really think your doing everything for it to be hated.

Still trying to love this game, its just frustrating to play this game the way you want me to play it.

Crippled to be barely useful in PVE due to fighting with exploits in PVP:

Shields
    Dodge and passive dodge
    1H/DW enchants
    Sorcs
    Major expedition and speed
    Lore

And all of it only in half-year. I am looking in the future with skeptical curiosity and trying to understand what will be ruined next.. probably CC-abilities will be nerfed to be only 1-2 seconds long.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, okay. Let's see what you've liste-
    Lore

o.O

...Anyway, for the rest of the list...
    Shields

Changed for PvE, not PvP. Only the "being able to be crit now" nerf is PvP-related, and that particular aspect of the changes doesn't even effect PvE since mobs don't crit. Aside from that particular nerf, most of the changes weren't even nerfs to shields in PvP; in many cases and builds, the other changes to shields actually made them stronger in PvP.
    Dodge and passive dodge

Passive dodge wasn't nerfed because of PvP. Passive dodge was removed outright because the ESO team decided it wasn't a game mechanic they thought was good design for an action combat game. Kind of like the old "blind" debuff from certain abilities, most notably the old DW weapon skill, Spark, which was removed from the game for the same reason. (I miss Spark. :/)

...Was active dodge nerfed? Or do you mean the timing change for dodging projectiles?
    1H/DW enchants

An extremely dumb nerf, certainly, but it obviously wasn't done due to PvP. It was done in a (failed) attempt to balance the mechanical benefits (traits, set bonuses, enchants, etc.) between DW and other weapon types in all game modes, with which 1H seemingly just got caught in the crossfire.

I still hope they'll fix the new enchant values for 1H/DW a bit more. I'd like to see the same non-damage enchants from the same weapon set have separate CDs and stack together, so that DW can make full use of things like the power enchant. In addition, I'd like to see the enchant of a 1H weapon double in power (to match all other weapon types) when a shield is also equipped on that same bar, or maybe throw in a 1H+Shield passive effect that doubles the enchant strength of the 1H weapon instead.
    Sorcs

That's not very descriptive, really. If you mean the loss of the third bar, that was, once again, not a change inspired solely by PvP, but a change inspired by ZOS thinking that it's better to not give any class a third bar due to the absolutely insane utility it grants. It was an inherently broken and imbalanced feature, even if it was insanely fun.

Quite literally the only nerf on your list inspired mostly by PvP. Not entirely, but mostly.
    Edited by Vandril on March 8, 2019 8:08AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deal with it or move on.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shields
    Dodge and passive dodge
    1H/DW enchants
    Sorcs
    Lore

And all of it only in half-year. I am looking in the future with skeptical curiosity and trying to understand what will be ruined next.. probably CC-abilities will be nerfed to be only 1-2 seconds long.

it's almost like they shouldn't balance pve and pvp the same way

but that would be silly, wouldn't it zos
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe