Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

OK About this thieves guild tip board....

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Not having ever done the Thieves guild, and having the event require that level 3 be achieved to take part in the event, I'm slogging through it. Did the second quest, got to level 2 and now no one will offer me the 3rd quest. Figured it was because I'm only level 2 in the guild. I read info about using the Tip board, and being able to "select" your quest by using "E" and then "Alt" if a quest you did not want to do popped up. So I tried this technique.

Every single time the same quest to go pickpocket people comes up.

Is there any quicker way to level up Thieves guild, or did Zos put the Kybosh on selecting what you Want to do?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 16, 2024 6:33PM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You must complete the initial pickpocket quest before you get different ones. After that you can check the quest and leave the board without accepting if you want a different one.
    PS5 EU.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that accepting the quest, then deleting it and going back to the board can possibly change it. I've never had this work for me on any daily/repeatable I've done.

They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works. I do a Covetous Countess every day so have to keep trying till I see "Esteemed...". But Jolipinator is correct. You need to do your very first tip board, pickpocket in Hew's Bane, before you can choose from the other four options.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    I've heard that accepting the quest, then deleting it and going back to the board can possibly change it. I've never had this work for me on any daily/repeatable I've done.

I saw that dropping the quest was an option that would get a new quest, and tried that too. Doesn't work.

Never saw any info on the first pickpocket quest being required, but I certainly can't discount it, in light of all the evidence thus far.

Kinda rude having these requirements just to take part in an upcoming event.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an unpleasant slog, especially TG but DB also has its grindy/sloggy parts too. It's the reason why only one of my characters has completed those questlines, and will probably be the only one I will ever do it with. Anytime I consider going through it all again on a different character, my soul shrivels up inside of me. I think TG and DB are honestly the worst part of ESO; I even found the Psijic questline of running all over the map to close those rifts more enjoyable. :s

The credo for ESO: in all things, thou must grind!
    Edited by Bekkael on March 6, 2019 9:19PM
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

I saw that dropping the quest was an option that would get a new quest, and tried that too. Doesn't work.

Never saw any info on the first pickpocket quest being required, but I certainly can't discount it, in light of all the evidence thus far.

How awful that the Thieves Guild doesn't immediately hand out Daily Quest rewards to every wet-behind-the-ears cutpurse who darkens their doors.

And the Dark Brotherhood, why, they ought to hand out Black Sacraments immediately to everyone who murders an innocent in Anvil.

And the Ordinators in the Palace of Justice certainly shouldn't need proof that these Outlanders are actually helping out Lord Vivec in some way...

(Its almost like ZOS wants players to play the content in order to unlock the dailies.)

Just wait till you get to the Crow Dailies from Clockwork City. You have to complete the 5th Storyline quest to get those.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Give me everything, give me now, right?
    DLCs are three years old, plenty of time to "grind"
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    It's an unpleasant slog, especially TG but DB also has its grindy/sloggy parts too. It's the reason why only one of my characters has completed those questlines, and will probably be the only one I will ever do it with. Anytime I consider going through it all again on a different character, my soul shrivels up inside of me. I think TG and DB are honestly the worst part of ESO; I even found the Psijic questline of running all over the map to close those rifts more enjoyable. :s

Wow. Its bad, but not Psijic line bad. But have to agree about TG and DB being mind numbingly repetitive. It could be so much more.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm unable to pick up any quests at all from the tip board outside the Thieves Den. I had understood that the only pre-req for it was the Partners in Crime quest. I can pick up Delve dailies from Rye but not the WB dailies from the tip board. Is there some additional pre-req needed for the WB's?

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There aren't really separate WB dailies for Hew's Bane. Rye has 2 in his rotation of 4, but both are basically 'retrieve something in the vicinity of the WB'.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    There aren't really separate WB dailies for Hew's Bane. Rye has 2 in his rotation of 4, but both are basically 'retrieve something in the vicinity of the WB'.

So can you not get one of each type daily? you only get one daily of either near the WB or in the delve but not both? interesting...and then if it's the one near the WB, it comes from the tip board instead of Rye? is that how it works? If not, then what is obtained from the board?

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least on the character I just looked at, I only have them available from the board outside. Rye is there, not inside. I'm not sure what triggers the change. I do remember seeing them available from him on a character newer to the DLC recently though.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »

Wow. Its bad, but not Psijic line bad. But have to agree about TG and DB being mind numbingly repetitive. It could be so much more.

:D I used an online guide to knock out the Psijic locations, so it wasn't too bad. I would rather run around and do that over picking pockets, and some of the other dull stuff in TG busywork quests. Just personal preference, I suppose. My Nord wasn't the greatest sneak or thief, so I'm sure that made it less fun than if I used a sneaky character. Too bad my sneaky NB is still only level 20-something...
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get to where to can get options from the Tip Board. As suggested up there, select the ones that start with "Esteemed" Those are Covetous Countess. The only trouble you may run into is not having been to the location for the quest. I like to run around so spending some time acquiring the Wayshrine is fun for me.

Pop an experience scroll as well.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It used to work unless they’ve changed it recently.

It sometimes wouldn’t pop up the right one even with numerous tries.

I hate the percentages on pickpockets. I must get horrible RNG.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    I'm unable to pick up any quests at all from the tip board outside the Thieves Den. I had understood that the only pre-req for it was the Partners in Crime quest. I can pick up Delve dailies from Rye but not the WB dailies from the tip board. Is there some additional pre-req needed for the WB's?

The "tip board" as you call it outside the den is actually the "Reacquisitons board" for all of Rye's quests. You must first complete the quest that Rye gives you inside the thieves den before the board outside becomes active. Once active it will cycle through both delves and both world bosses. None of the quests require killing the bosses.

The "tip board" is inside the thieves den and is where one obtains the various pickpocketing, safebox and clean item delivery quests. To access these, the initial quest offered by Kari must be completed.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Karis Hitlist (Master Thief title unlock achievement ) gets the player character to level 3 upon completion.
    Edited by Master_Fluff on March 7, 2019 6:22AM
  • Lokisbjorn
    Lokisbjorn
    Soul Shriven
    What is the initial quest for the tip board? I have the quest marker on the tip board, but it just says "

Some new faces in the Thieves Guild. Before we send you yo pick the pockets of bigger and richer targets, we need to know you can handle yourself.

"Lucky for you, the Iron Wheel has pulled their patrols out of Abah's landing."

I haven't seen anything that points to this. Help!!

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in March 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.