The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It just dawned on me how big our community is and yet...

xeNNNNN
xeNNNNN
✭✭✭✭✭
This person only has 115 subs 0.o

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8u_T5DxDW0YT1XrGGn5Ug

I find the content of this person extremely unique and enjoyable actually and yet they have only 115 subs :|?

Does nobody like this kind of content or something? (specifically the emote dance videos haha)

Why does this person not have more subs? We should be encouraging content creation like this!
Edited by xeNNNNN on March 6, 2019 12:03PM
Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    This person only has 110 subs 0.o

I find the content of this person extremely unique and enjoyable actually and yet they have only 110 subs :|?

Does nobody like this kind of content or something? (specifically the emote dance videos haha)

Why does this person not have more subs? We should be encouraging content creation like this!

A lot of people don’t care about YouTube gamers. Myself included.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

I find the content of this person extremely unique and enjoyable actually and yet they have only 110 subs :|?

but you do care about the game correct?

whether you do or not like gaming youtubers is irrelevant, subbing to them helps their respective game communities because it attracts more people and encourages more content which then in turn encourages more people. Constant cycle that can only be a positive for the game overall. Which is why I suggest supporting small channels like this that have good content.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on March 6, 2019 12:06PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a very niche set of videos. I can't imagine many people caring about someone dancing and RP crap like that. I have no problem supporting small channels, but only those who release content I'm interested in.
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will occasionally watch Youtubers that give some insight to class abilities, new gear or to glean idea's for builds. That being said, you did ask for opinions and proceeded to tell the last guy his opinion was irrelevant.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    It looks like a very niche set of videos. I can't imagine many people caring about someone dancing and RP crap like that. I have no problem supporting small channels, but only those who release content I'm interested in.

to be honest, Roleplay as ironic as it is has a stigma around it in MMOs as it seems silly to a lot of people yet there are far more than people think they just dont say anything they stick to their groups and all that.

Then theres exposure, youtube is a huge platform and with most ESO related stuff being dominated by build videos and clipped streams it would be hard to really tell who would or would not like it.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Content may be enjoyable for some but not for me
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will occasionally watch Youtubers that give some insight to class abilities, new gear or to glean idea's for builds. That being said, you did ask for opinions and proceeded to tell the last guy his opinion was irrelevant.

Context matters.

it was only irrelevant in the sense that generally speaking it doesn't matter because if you want to support community content generally to help the community as a whole then you'll do it regardless of whether you like the channel or not. I do it with plenty.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Games I play...
    TV I ignore(mostly), guess what I class Youtube and Twitch as...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can also watch the videos without subbing.
    I know I don't sub because I don't like the spam each time a video is put up. If people really like the game they will play it themselves though.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I know I don't sub because I don't like the spam each time a video is put up. If people really like the game they will play it themselves though.

so don't click the bell Icon lol
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

whether you do or not like gaming youtubers is irrelevant, subbing to them helps their respective game communities because it attracts more people and encourages more content which then in turn encourages more people. Constant cycle that can only be a positive for the game overall. Which is why I suggest supporting small channels like this that have good content.

Do you really think a large portion of the playerbase would stop playing or new players won’t give the game a go because there aren’t that many YouTube gamers? Please.
    YouTube gamers or no YouTube gamers, people would still play the game.
    Not interested in your sales pitch for this guy.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I watch someone play the same game I have when I can go play it myself?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty here, I think this post is doing the channel more harm than good.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you really think a large portion of the playerbase would stop playing or new players won’t give the game a go because there aren’t that many YouTube gamers? Please.
    YouTube gamers or no YouTube gamers, people would still play the game.
    Not interested in your sales pitch for this guy.

I never said that. You may take issue with some things I said but do not put words in my mouth thats beyond childish.

I said and implied that more youtube content would garner interest beyond the typical BiS videos which frankly are so numerous now that they might as well be exact duplicates of the first build video of every patch released.

I seriously do not understand where on earth you got "stop playing" from. Read please.

More content on various platforms for said game > More people see it > More people decide to try the game that may not of known about it before or looked at it > more people play. Its very simple and is like that for everything.

It would also be nice if there was more content generally in variety instead of nothing but repetition.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty here, I think this post is doing the channel more harm than good.

Because of what? Im trying to encourage people to help the channel out even if they don't like it so we can see more content generally come out for the game on various media platforms - right now its just build videos and kevduit lol.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I watch someone play the same game I have when I can go play it myself?

its the creativity they put into the content they made its not just "gameplay" - clever use of emotes, music and locations in the game.

That creativity should be encouraged and not ignored.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on March 6, 2019 12:27PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the sort of player who shows my love of the game by playing it and talking about it. I'm afraid the whole "watch somebody else play it" thing with Twitch streamers, etc. just doesn't appeal to me.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 6, 2019 12:27PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed i dont have time or reason to watch 40 min vids with 3 mins of info alotta garbage... same with people who post builds in youtube once i see 17 mins+ to say use relequen and berserking warror i stop caring or have someone say extremely powerful 200 times in a row.. i dont follow people at all on YouTube.. music montages are even worse... truth is , "ain't nobody got time for that"
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this maybe your own channel you try to promote? :p
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed i dont have time or reason to watch 40 min vids with 3 mins of info alotta garbage... same with people who post builds in youtube once i see 17 mins+ to say use relequen and berserking warror i stop caring or have someone say extremely powerful 200 times in a row.. i dont follow people at all on YouTube.. music montages are even worse... truth is , "ain't nobody got time for that"

Yer 17-40mins vid or 30sec reading a written page
    if only this generation could write :tongue:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if even Alcast has rather small number of subs/views for 10M+ players game... ESO is Skyrim with coop dungeons for 95% of it's players, that's grim truth. It has too small variety in PVE builds and gameplay to keep consistent interest of the public. Summerset was a great thing though, but consequent nerfs killed all diversity again. It will continue to be that way until ZOS will cripple 95% of players in favor of 5% players. (I don't mean that only 5% play PVP, I mean that only 5% play PVP that much to require regular nerfs of new and old exploits)
    If not for huge amount of content and lore, ESO would share ES:Legends fate long ago.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose you enjoy all the music i do, the TV shows I do, the same shopping habits etc etc? Preaching to people what they should and shouldn't find interesting is akin to pissing in the wind. It's a wasted exercise because no two people have the same tastes. I find the game interesting when I'm in control of what I'm doing, people giving their own opinion on any given game I happen to be playing at any given time, well, I find it dull af. No hidden agenda, just a difference in taste and habits.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because of what? Im trying to encourage people to help the channel out even if they don't like it so we can see more content generally come out for the game on various media platforms - right now its just build videos and kevduit lol.

You're being rather heavy-handed about it. People don't like to be nagged into watching a particular channel, nor do they want a debate when they give an opinion.
    It's fine to say "Hey guys, I found this cool channel if anyone is interested", but for the love of god, leave it at that.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like many here, I'd rather actually PLAY this game rather than watching someone else play it.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

so don't click the bell Icon lol

Ah is that what it is for 😳. I just click things.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im trying to encourage people to help the channel out even if they don't like it

Encourage =/= nag and force people to watch something they don’t want to watch
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The author of this post is being extremely passive aggressive about people watching some inane youtuber. Those who are cynical by nature would suspect it's his/her own channel. Me, I'm not cynical. ;)
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im trying to encourage people to help the channel out even if they don't like it

Encourage =/= nag and force people to watch something they don’t want to watch

Pretty much this.

I do not like the idea of seeing people come and say "Hey I found this thing I like, why does no one else like it? Watch it, we should encourage this thing I like, start watching it!!!!". I am only subscribed to a few channels, and even those I don't watch often, neither do I subscribe to channels who I watch fairly frequently.

Also, saying "Support this even if you don't like it"is just the worst possible idea imaginable.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is HOW does it even have 115?

image.jpg
    Edited by Undefwun on March 6, 2019 12:51PM
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    What did you expect posting this here? You do realize that MOST of the people who post on the forums and will reply to this thread will either: troll, insult, play devils advocate, just plain disagree with you.

Personally, I will watch YouTube or twitch at times. However this content just doesn’t hold my interest. It almost did.

If it was a little more funny or “perverted” like that one guy who made all those hilarious Skyrim videos I might watch it.

I feel you would have better luck if you just posted: “hey guys found this YouTube channel and loved it check it out(insert link)

If you wanted to spark a discussion about the community and YouTube channels as a whole, you should have gone about it differently.

As it is it seems you are trying to push either your or a friends channel.