The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade bow/bow vs bow/h2 build?

hungrymagpie
Im trying to find a non meta bow build then the usual dual wield and bow setup! I heard a bow/bow can pull off some high dps, stamwarden might be more of an effective class but looking for a stamblade setup

Would bow/h2 not be better? As skills such as rally give major brutality 20% weapon dmg for 33 seconds? And sets such as hundings rage and two fanged serpent be good sets too use? Heard the gryphon set is also good?

Any links to some builds would be awesome.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not getting Major/Minor Brutality from a DK, then you could go along this route for bow/bow stamina nightblade:

5 Dreugh King (bow and jewelry)
    5 Briarheart or 5 Spriggan depending on your penetration stats or if you need more survival
    1 Kra'gh (helm)
    1 Velidreth or Kena (shoulder)

You can enchant jewelry with weapon damage, and stamina sustain mostly comes from food like Orzorga's Triple Trifle Pocket (because it also gets you to a safer max health number if you transmute the DKS jewelry for max stamina). If you leave max health on the jewelry then Dubious Camoran Throne is a nice option.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use potions for major brutality, dont waste a 5 piece on it. Go tzo bow and fill the rest with relequen and tzo with a velidrieth and balgorth's head and shoulders 7 med all divines

For pve
    Edited by JobooAGS on March 6, 2019 1:03PM
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    For pve survival (solo, pug), I like the 2h/bow, Rally and Brawler on the 2h bar.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve/p1

The super high dps is dependent on someone providing you synergies and being in a pretty optimized group. That link though will give you the basic setup for dps with Bow/Bow, and set you on your way.

Bow/Bow for dps is hardly different than any other setup in this game it requires learning to effectively weave and follow a semi organized rotation. Maximizing output is done through lots of practice while tweaking rotation, setup, and CP.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are doing PvP you need 2h but for PvE you can do double bow
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB Bow/Bow DPS is higher than that of Warden BTW.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    NB Bow/Bow DPS is higher than that of Warden BTW.

Hmm, that is interesting as bow procs deal less damage than lethal, incap is melee ranged (though magblades dont have an issue with this) and you have to recast relentless every 20 seconds to get minor beserk while warden gets it for free
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow Proc has higher tooltip than Lethal Arrow, Lethal Arrow needs the distance boost to outdamage bow procs, which is not always possible and also has a cast time. I personally get better results with Crushing Weapon than Lethal Arrow, as it allows more LAs for more bow procs in the same time.

NB higher DPS by a small margin comes down to the NB crit passives.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow Proc has higher tooltip than Lethal Arrow, Lethal Arrow needs the distance boost to outdamage bow procs, which is not always possible and also has a cast time. I personally get better results with Crushing Weapon than Lethal Arrow, as it allows more LAs for more bow procs in the same time.

This is with morag tong as well?
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pleased with my bowblade, it does approximately the same damage as my 2h/bow tests. Like Jaboo said, Tzogvin's is pretty nice for the front bar bow, then Relequen for body/jewelry pieces. Where Relequen doesn't pan out you might use Hundings, Flanking, Leviathan, or even Automaton if focused aim/crushing weapon is your spammable.

If you're on a Bosmer or Redguard, the Stormfist set alone will augment your racial Regen to the point that you won't need Regen food to sustain a Nightblade bow rotation (*edit* it might in your case, It certainly does in my case) Or orbs for that matter ...which is a red flag to me that Redguard and Bosmer Bowblades aren't optimized for raids compared to orcs and Dunmer. But it's still pretty fun to have an option to be entirely Regen independant and sitting at over 20k buffed health.

Shadow mundus seems to work well with the extra Nightblade crit.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on March 6, 2019 9:22PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TBH the way that Bow is on live id be very surprised if NB can get higher DPS with it if all the debuffs are present. Bow/Bow on live is best suited for a warden between the % damage passives and Sub Assault synergizing well with morag tong. Bow procs are nice but dont forget that Lethal still hits harder than it and the increased cast time, while worsening your dps is made up by the fact that NB wastes a GCD every 20 seconds to keep relentless up. Additionally all infused on jewelry gives wardens better results than NB.
  • Darcoolio
    Darcoolio
    Soul Shriven
    Hey!
    I am new on this forum, so please redirect me if i missed place to post my question.
    I have Orc stamina bow/bow nightblade, changed class with token, so i am interested in best (kinda) build with purple (epic) armor for PVE?
    And some suggestions with skills and champion points, i have 420 CP now.
    Thanks in advance!
    Edited by Darcoolio on March 6, 2019 8:49PM