Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main character - Bow/Bow Warden

TheSkeri
TheSkeri
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I have some thought on my mind and I want to hear some advice from experience players. I like "bow playstyle", every single game where I can be Archer I am. I heard that in ESO is much more difficult, that Bows are oftne "just" on back bar and they are not very good. I was looking for solid bow/bow build where I finnaly find Warden. I built character from scratch and I like it. FINNALY here are my questions...
- I'm Redguard and I like Khajiit most... What do you think about race swap to Khajiit from Redguard to bow/bow build?
- It is good idea to have my main character Bow/Bow Warden... Will I be able to do solo content, Public Dungeons, Word bosses, Veterans (Dungeon, Trails) or even Mealstrom arena?
Thanks for your time, answers and sorry for my English, I guees?
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the warden is the best class to run bow/bow build on. its perfectly viable now, you will be able to solo all over land content and world bosses, and it is possible to even have enough DPS to do dungeons and normal trials.. with the correct builds in place. ( i beleive i've seen some builds of bow bow doing vet trials to or at leased getting over 50k on a dummy )
    im not 100% on what the best race would be, i think the redguard restore stamina passive will proc on bow light attacks and single target abilities so maybe redguard will be better for sustain? but khajiit will have a better crit rating so may give more dps? both good choices either way.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple players on here main bow/bow, including in trials/pvp/vma, etc. Be prepared to face some bias as DW+bow historically is 5-10% better than bow/bow, though there has been some recent testing with the undaunted spider skill that might change that for this patch at least.
  • TheSkeri
    TheSkeri
    Soul Shriven
    @Starlight_Knight @AverageJo3Gam3r @witchdoctor Thanks for advices... ;) I'm currently CP 150 and it's working pretty good for my type of gameplay.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow bow warden is absolutely solid in both pve and pve. pvp is a bit harder due to how kiting, gap closers and snares are handled in eso making ranged kiting builds harder to play but still strong.

Just understand, that most will insult you if they have one of your snipe casts on their recap screen. Ignore these people, but also remember for pvp, there is much more than hanging in back and snipe spamming. As a warden, get into mid range, control crowds with arrow spray, and setup up your shalks to line up with snipe hits, draining shot helps with this as well.

One of my IC farming / bg alts is a bosmer bow / bow warden with marksman + morag tong + 1kragh, 1 kena or domi or 2pc troll king. Massive sustain and easy leathal with plenty of roll dodge budget.

For pve, either race you mentioned is fine. Just make sure to get your hands on lightweight trap from fighters guild and caltrops from the alliance skill line, both will come in handy at some point but not always mandatory. Only uneducated individuals would have a problem with a pure bow dps in their group.
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 16, 2019 6:33PM
  • TheSkeri
    TheSkeri
    Soul Shriven
    @exeeter702 Yep, thanks. Already have trap (morphed + leveled) and caltrops. I'm using...
    1; Snipe, Trap, Bird of Prey, Bull netch and subterenal assault
    2; Poison Arrow, Caltrops, Endless Hail, Bird of Prey and Vigor or Green Lotus
    R; I'm using Bear from Animal Companion, but recently I was thinking about Rapid Fire.
    Some advices on my current "set up"?