The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

#1 of 4 : Incorrect Achievement Records for Ace Adeya (Shadowshire character)

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

Note: this message is the first of four messages which pertain to the subject (and which have the same subject line after the initial page sequence label).

Unfortunately, I have discovered that Achievement records for my character Ace Adeya are either (1) corrupted on the NA megaserver, or (2) are not accessed for display by the game client -- if not both. This situation was discovered prior to the release of Update 21, but perhaps after it was offered on the Public Test Server. However, I have not had an opportunity to report and document it prior to this time.

In particular, as shown in the following two screenshots, Ace Adeya was awarded the title Hero of the Aldmeri Dominion, and the corresponding Outfit Station / Dye Station dye for that achievement was unlocked:

sg5dpggsncxq.png

8047c4prkbm3.png

Note: The achievement Hero of the Aldmeri Dominion would not have been recorded unless each and every one of the five Adventurer achievements had also been previously recorded -- but they are greyed-out in the first screenshot above.

The third and fourth screenshots show errors for the following achievements:
  • A total of at least 37 quests were completed in Auridon (not 35).
  • A total of at least 38 quests were completed in Grahtwood (not 13!).
  • The quest for the Iconoclast achievement was completed, and the corresponding Dye for it was unclocked at the Outfit Station / Dye Station.
  • The quests for the achievements Hero of Falinesti, Reliquary Retriever, and Southpoint Saviour were also completed (but no points are awarded for them).

lnyam53f64kj.png

epypa8k8l6ym.png

Of course, I expect ZOS and/or Bethesda to find out whether (1) the achievements are simply not being displayed, or (2) the manifest errors are in the data recorded by the NA megaserver, or (3) there are problems with both the game client and the megaserver.

Of course, I also expect ZOS and/or Bethesda to rectify the problem(s) which are manifest in the screenshots within several days, not weeks or months.

Further, it does not seem wise to continue playing the character until this situation and the error state which I previously reported pertaining to my attempt to complete Ace Adeya's quests for Cadwell's Gold has also been rectified.

Thank you for your prompt attention, and the time and effort necessary to ensure that Ace Adeya's achievements are, yet again, recorded and displayed as they were when they were recognized.

(continued)

Edited by Shadowshire on March 5, 2019 4:48AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi