The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Out of date Addons

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Why do I have to keep selecting "Allow out of date addons" in the character selection screen? How can I just set it to always allow this?
Ad Victoriam!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to keep allowing, because ZOS regularly change how things work so what worked before a patch may not work after

Awesome Guild Store is a really good example of that in this patch

you could edit the api in the .txt file for the addon so that it is current (100026 atm), the line usually looks like
    ## APIVersion: 100026

but doing this before testing is not a good idea (use the PTS a week or so before a patch goes live)

Edited by Gythral on March 3, 2019 10:05AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    You have to keep allowing, because ZOS regularly change how things work so what worked before a patch may not work after

you could edit the api in the .txt file for the addon so that it is current (100026 atm), the line usually looks like

but doing this before testing is not a good idea (use the PTS a week or so before a patch goes live)

Only a very few of my addons work this patch, dressing room addon works, only kinda tho. I can only put on my builds from prior to the patch. I can not add new builds to Dressing Room. very frusturating
    Ad Victoriam!
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    Gythral wrote: »

Only a very few of my addons work this patch, dressing room addon works, only kinda tho. I can only put on my builds from prior to the patch. I can not add new builds to Dressing Room. very frusturating

Did you update your addons with the new patch?
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just the major updates that reset the setting. So when Elsweyr comes out you'll have to do it again.

Maybe they want to make sure that all the bug reports that they get after a release are actually their own bugs and not addon related. If people log into a working game with addons auto-disabled, and then see it break when they reenable them manually, then they'll know that the addons are to blame and not ESO.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I found the root of my problems...... I had an antivirus program not allowing ESO to make changes to my files, thus change I made in the ESO Addons folder was being blocked from working. I set it so that ESO could make changes through my antivirus. Hopefully this thread will at least help others.
    Ad Victoriam!