Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Buying the DLCs

Fenton
Fenton
Soul Shriven
Hi, so I bought ESO Tamriel Unlimited back in 2017 without any DLCs, hit lvl 15 and leave it, because I didn't really understand what it is all about. Recently I came back to play it, and now I really like it. HOWEVER, back then when I bought it it was just bare base game without even Morrowind, and after playing for a while it seems to me that those DLCs are very important, or even required to fully enjoy the game. For example I took a random quest in town and it turned out that to finish it I need to travel to place that comes with Morrowind expansion.
And when searching offers of the DLC's to buy I realised that the best way of buying the game with all chapters is to just buy the Elsweyr pre-order with base game which in my country is 38 USD. But the thing is that I would have to buy it on Steam and just link my ESO account to it. So my question is: Do you think I should go for it? Is it worth having it on Steam? Or should I buy only Morrowind and Summerset for 26 USD? OR should I complete the main game first?
Also, there is ESO+...
So do you recommend it for the new players to buy these things right of the bat or like I said finish base game, and then think about it?
Damn I'm confused. Help
Edited by Fenton on March 2, 2019 4:18PM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are good at stockpiling gold, then you can buy dlc's via the gifting function. Tamriel trade centre on discord is the best way, or find a friend or guildmate. Buying from strangers via zone chat will likely end with you being fleeced.

This is how I have got stuff from the crown store.
  • Fenton
    Fenton
    Soul Shriven
    I mean, right now I'm a beginner and noob at this game. I am able to make like 15k sales a week in the guild store, other than that I am also gathering gold for bag upgrades which are very expensive. So in conclusion at the moment I am definitely not able to make that amounts of gold like few hundreds k to buy anything this way with the current exchange rate. Except that, the method you suggested as far as I know works only for items that can be bought in crown store, and maybe I expressed myself wrong, but by DLCs I meant Chapters in particular.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of DLCs to buy. If you had started when DLCs started it would be cheaper to buy DLCs straight up, even if you did not buy crowns on sale. However, you would lack the extra storage ESO+ provides.

At this point you would have to play for a long time to make purchasing most of the DLCs out right, even if you bought crowns on sale and the DLCs when they are on sale.

Subscription you can turn on and off when you want.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't NEED the DLCs you probably picked up an intro quest for those areas.

Personally the only DLC worth it long term is Imperial City and Orsinium.

Buy the gold version of the game on eBay for £5 and you get TG & DB as well. If you fancy newer DLC dungeons go ESO plus for one month and crack them out.

i mean if you 100% want the chapters sure get elyseer and the rest sure but doing main quest, base game, etc will take months first, plenty of content
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should wait until you clear most of the basic content/zones before jumping in. If you find you really like the game and want to keep going, its cheaper to get ESO+ than buy all the DLCs piecemeal.
  • Fenton
    Fenton
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, thank u all for advice. I decided it to go for chapters but to just buy ESO Plus for a month, mainly because I am really into crafting and it was driving me mad that my bag and bank were always full. And this is such a game changer that I don't know if I'll be able to play without it Xd
    But having it and looting everything on autoloot is so satisfying that I'll probably finish most of areas and main story in that one month. So now I only wait for sale of summerset or some other god deal and I'll be set up.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fenton wrote: »
    Ok, thank u all for advice. I decided it to go for chapters but to just buy ESO Plus for a month, mainly because I am really into crafting and it was driving me mad that my bag and bank were always full. And this is such a game changer that I don't know if I'll be able to play without it Xd
    But having it and looting everything on autoloot is so satisfying that I'll probably finish most of areas and main story in that one month. So now I only wait for sale of summerset or some other god deal and I'll be set up.

Now you're hooked! I wish I were joking. You will never want to go back to playing without the craft bag, unless you quit the game. Or you really, really, really like selling trash and deconning gear.

As an ESO+ member, I do not regret it. The craft bag and extra storage/bank spaces are more than worth it.