Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

The Great Disappointment - sigh ESO could not care less

gimarwb17_ESO
gimarwb17_ESO
✭✭✭
QUEST: THE FINAL ASSAULT "open the library gate':
The long long quest to eventually get Molag Baal and at the end ESO kindly puts a quest that is impossible for most people to do. Since 2014!!!!!! till now March 2019 people have complained about this and it still is not working.
Yes some managed it but for instance a mage that fires the staff, even when I take both staves out of my hands I can press E till the crows come out my charged 'hands' do not 'fire' wt. it DOES NOT WORK!
This is really a game killer - so many have thrown in the towel and gone back to W..
I think I am following suit. This quest is an insult. Spending hours on a quest to get sucked in at the end is plain nasty - I am sure it is deliberate sind with a MAIN quest to be bugged since 2014 is more than PATHETIC
  • gimarwb17_ESO
    gimarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you go bankrupt and I will do my best to further it with you tube, face book etc!~
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done that quest a number of times in the last couple years and have not found any issues with it. Certainly not the issues we had back when the game launched.

I have sailed though that quest so many times without having one issue that I cannot understand why you are having a problem.

BTW, the second post, threatening Zos, I would not give you the time of day as that is not mature behavior. I suggest rephrasing as threats often shut down customer support if they are trained properly.
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no issue with this quest and I just did it again a week ago on an alt. The fires from the standing blue flames are timed so you have to be fast when getting into position to launch the brazier fire into a cold fire brazier on the walls.

Edit:
    From the UESP quest log.

The Library Gate

As you approach the Labyrinth, Vanus Galerion will appear. Gabrielle and her mages will accompany you in the Labyrinth. Talk to her inside the Labyrinth. You need to find some way to open the library gate.

Talk to Malkur Valos. He says the tubes on the walls are daedric devices that need power to operate. You need to figure out how to move the blue flames over to the openings of the tubes.

Talk to Raynor Vanos. He says touching the braziers will allow you to move the flame.

Touch the brazier, then use the daedric flame. The Cold Fire Brazier option will appear when you look at the openings on the walls. Once all four pipes are lit, you will be able to enter the next area.
    Edited by General_Zeranth on March 2, 2019 8:25AM
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ESO for convincing me to throw your precious game into the garbage!

That comment is the first sentence in your other thread I just found.

I can only suggest if you find the game this frustrating you should stop playing. I am sure you will find a game that better fits your playstyle. It appears from the history of threads you have created you have not enjoyed this game for a long time.

Edit: ArchMikem has a really good point below, and help posted above.
    Edited by idk on March 2, 2019 8:30AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you go bankrupt and I will do my best to further it with you tube, face book etc!~

You could've just asked the forum for help and advice. Instead you threw a tantrum.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You had to go the immature route and threaten them, huh? You just shot yourself in the foot.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Original Poster never said they were going to sue. Just move on to the W.... game.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

The Original Poster never said they were going to sue. Just move on to the W.... game.

@Davor

Sadly the person you quoted is the original poster just adding to the rant they started in the OP.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THe quest is tricky, I am running there around far longer than I like too because of the bad targeting and because I can't see where I have to throw the flames. But nevertheless I managed to do it several times.

Best case you let another player who is there show you how to do it. It is not a solo instance, there will come others doing the same quest. Maybe you can ask a friend who has done it before to do the quest with you on an alt.

Throwing a tantrum in the forum sounds like a good idea, too, but you already tied that one. Did it help?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure they're quivering with fear already.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what the problem is you're having exactly OP. Your post it difficult to read, perhaps English is not your first language, I don't know.

I remember this quest though, it's a puzzle. I think I got slightly stuck on it for 5 minutes then worked it out. Didn't encounter any bugs fortunately.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty horrible thing to say. If you feel that strongly about them you should just leave. Now.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PEBKAC.png:(
    love is love
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? You can’t work out how to do a quest so you throw a hissy fit & then threaten the company? Dearie dearie me.

As has been pointed out, could have used this forum to ask for help. But no. Sad.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol

Someone is pissed.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were talking about the bugged Light From the Darkness quest where the light coming from the crystals doesn't show, and hasn't shown for years, making it extremely annoying to do, I *might* be a bit sympathetic. But the one you refer to has never given me any issues. Read the quest text. Use the braziers. Point at the devices. Reuse the braziers if you lose the buff, because you only get the "E" prompt for a few seconds after using one.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never had a problem. In B4 lock.
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried holding your breath until your face turns blue? Always works for me...
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭

0 to 100 real quick
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always find this quest tricky. The key for me - perhaps not for everyone - is to move around until I find a place where the flames will fire at the target. It always seems like there's place I can stand where I think I should be able to fire, but can't. Then I'll move over a bit, and it works.

Good luck!
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 2, 2019 12:55PM
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always found it challenging, frustrating even. In the end as usual the problem was client side operator error. I just had to do it correctly.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hate all these Super Mario quests where I need to run like mad or jump like mad. Why at all? Nothing but annoyance!
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not the most intuitive quest but I have never been stuck for hours.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Davor wrote: »

@Davor

Sadly the person you quoted is the original poster just adding to the rant they started in the OP.

D'OH. :blush:
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    QUEST: THE FINAL ASSAULT "open the library gate':
    The long long quest to eventually get Molag Baal and at the end ESO kindly puts a quest that is impossible for most people to do. Since 2014!!!!!! till now March 2019 people have complained about this and it still is not working.
    Yes some managed it but for instance a mage that fires the staff, even when I take both staves out of my hands I can press E till the crows come out my charged 'hands' do not 'fire' wt. it DOES NOT WORK!
    This is really a game killer - so many have thrown in the towel and gone back to W..
    I think I am following suit. This quest is an insult. Spending hours on a quest to get sucked in at the end is plain nasty - I am sure it is deliberate sind with a MAIN quest to be bugged since 2014 is more than PATHETIC

Yep. Of course. They deliberately broke a quest. Just for you, you special sparkle pony you.

I have 15 characters on one account, 7 on a second. Out of the 15 characters on the one account 12 have done that quest with no issues at all. The last three? Two are level 14, the third one is working on that quest right now. On the other account all of them have done the quest without problems. Takes moving around to get the right spot, and possibly making sure you still have the buff from the brazier, true. I've never NOT been able to complete it though.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Done that quest 4 times never a problem.

Cleary a L2P and min IQ barrier. Sorry OP but the solution is definitely a client side issue.
  • Valldez
    Valldez
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/NMTN_3F5xko
    https://youtu.be/-l3-VAXjRbk
    have u checked the youtube?
    maybe you miss something..
    Edited by Valldez on March 2, 2019 4:56PM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go throw temper tantrums in some other game's forums if you hate it that much.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread going nowhere quickly and holding threats, baiting and flaming, we've felt it necessary to go ahead and close it down. Keep in mind that quit threads, bashing, threats, baiting and flaming are all against the Forum Rules. Much appreciation for the helpful tips that have been given though!

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.