The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console performance worse than usual? (Xbox)

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. The last weeks I barely encountered any huge lags (I haven't been to Cyrodiil at all so just overworld content and dungeons/battlegrounds) it was running quite smoothly (except the frame drops even one the One X). But since a few days the game lags. It does. Sometimes I need to press a button 5 times until something happens. Or everything is delayed. I would blame it on the new update but console hasn't been updated as of now.

Does anybody else experience more lags than usual on console? I am quite sure to rule out my connection, it's always running very smoothly without interruption.
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's been worse than usual on Xbox in both PvP and PvE. We've had an unusually large number of glitched out instances too (untauntable monsters, players inexplicably floating up off of the platform in a trial, then slamming back down onto the ground, skills refusing to go off, then sometimes going off all at once, bars not swapping, characters freezing mid-animation for 3-4 seconds like they're stuck in a Time Stop but it's happening in trials, people dying to AoE attacks in trial when you can clearly see them standing outside of the AoE, other players unable to move out of AoEs because they're inexplicably frozen in place). It's pretty frustrating and I know it's not my connection because I have top tier internet with a wired connection and everything else runs beautifully with no hiccups.
    Edited by p00tx on February 28, 2019 8:13PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Yes, it's been worse than usual on Xbox in both PvP and PvE. We've had an unusually large number of glitched out instances too (untauntable monsters, players inexplicably floating up off of the platform in a trial, then slamming back down onto the ground, skills refusing to go off, then sometimes going off all at once, bars not swapping, characters freezing mid-animation for 3-4 seconds like they're stuck in a Time Stop but it's happening in trials, people dying to AoE attacks in trial when you can clearly see them standing outside of the AoE, other players unable to move out of AoEs because they're inexplicably frozen in place). It's pretty frustrating and I know it's not my connection because I have top tier internet with a wired connection and everything else runs beautifully with no hiccups.

I've experienced everything you've just described except I've been fishing and node farming in the middle of nowhere. Lol. Freezing in place for a few seconds, fighting a wolf and my skills won't fire off and then all of sudden they shoot off all at once. Not to mention the random load screens :s

Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's been worse for me lately as well.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I've noticed it in PVP a lot lately. Abilities not firing or firing after a long delay.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same situation. I've seen forum posts about how unplayable Cyrodiil can be at times, and thought oh really how bad could it be!! But the last week for me on xbox has been horrible... pretty much unplayable. All overland content is laggy, skills have been consistently unresponsive and for the last week i have given group dungeons a go and have just had to leave after a while, it has been that bad. Or just queue for normal dungeons where it doesn't really matter how bad i am playing lol

Most of the time i have no issue...I'm hoping it's not my internet, so thankyou for raising this OP
    Edited by ReachHalo on February 28, 2019 8:53PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the next update improves performance
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just Xbone.

A fair few PS4 players including myself have increased amounts of...I'll be polite and call it "zosery" instead of the four letter word I'd like to use in front of the -ery... over the last week or so.

Crafting stations becoming uninteractable.
    Doors and portals becoming uninteractable.
    Light attacks not firing.
    Attempted light attacks becoming heavy attacks.
    Spells and skills only firing several seconds after the button press, or not firing at all.

The light attack issues are particularly noticeable as I'm currently experimenting with a magblade.
    If I perform 5 light attacks merciless resolve should proc.
    Delayed or nonexistent merciless resolve procs are quite noticeable, and a sure sign of zosery.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not just Xbone.

A fair few PS4 players including myself have increased amounts of...I'll be polite and call it "zosery" instead of the four letter word I'd like to use in front of the -ery... over the last week or so.

Spells and skills only firing several seconds after the button press, or not firing at all.

The light attack issues are particularly noticeable as I'm currently experimenting with a magblade.
    Delayed or nonexistent merciless resolve procs are quite noticeable, and a sure sign of zosery.

Zosery :D:D
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not just Xbone.

I forgot about the light attack issue! My rotations have been absolute garbage this last week because I can't get half of the stuff to work, and when it does "work", it comes out wrong, like the heavy in place of the intended light attack.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance today is quite excellent as usual.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous how bad the performance on Xbox EU is right now at the moment. Lags, skill delays and desynch constantly - horrible to play.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On Xbox performance is complete garbage atm, so you're not alone. I am surprised honestly that there are not more threads about this pushing for a fix. There were issues after the latest fix for Wrathstone on PC for me but Xbox I didn't even touch after experiencing that horror and watching my friends go through it too. Though RDR2 is working :*

Zos really needs to look into this, Cx.

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the Altmer who were guarding the Crystal Tower got overrun by Sheogorath's forces, because they ran out of magicka.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on March 8, 2019 10:57PM