User shouldn't be logged out during character editing

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As an alternative to editing name, you can switch between panes (just click to alliance/race selection and then switch back to appearance sliders), that will reset the timeout counter.

But yes, I've been fighting it a lot. Being obsessive perfectionist, I've been creating my first character (and my second now is pixel-to-pixel copy, same identity down to a diacritical mark in the name - only class differs) for... probably a month. ^^ And was making videos and screenshots to return to same state of tweaking on the next day. This timeout is infuriating.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the timer to be too short as well. Way too short. Tea? I'm afraid to go to the bathroom in case I get logged out.

One thing I do to reset the timer is type in a character in the name slot. Anything will do. Then, hit another one after a bit. It seems to prolong the time allowance, as just playing with sliders doesn't seem to cut it for some reason.

Extending the character creation time would be a great QoL improvement for another Update. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I’m not looking forward to creating my first Necromancer (Lichney Spears.. fwiw) when Elsweyr drops, l’l be there with a photo of Britney and have a ton of disconnects no doubt and by the time I get to input the character name (reserved on an alt that will be deleted at the last minute) it will probably be gone 😂