The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arzhela and Emeric - Cousins or Uncle/niece?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
^I think there is a "bug" in the lore of ESO @ZOS_GinaBruno hopefully you can let ppl in ZOS fix it, it is a small change

In most of the cases they are referred to as cousins, even Arzhela herself

However the book <The Royal House of King Eamond> , which can be found in Evermore Palace, referred Arzhela as Emeric's cousin. niece

There is no excuse for breaking the lore there, this is no ancient history or some scholar's different claim, so I hope ZOS can fix it

Edited by Lyserus on February 28, 2019 8:02PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Arzhela says they are cousins, and the book says they're cousins, I'm not seeing a conflict here. Is there a typo in the post?
    edit to correct my own typo
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on February 28, 2019 6:59PM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Arzhela says they are cousins, and the book says they're cousins, I'm not seeing a conflict here. Is there a typo in the post?

Actually I think the book says Arzhela is Emeric’s niece, I noticed this myself the other day and figured that it’s just a mistake in the book...

Either that or the voice actors mixed things up in voice over and the devs just fixed the dialogue text...
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on February 28, 2019 7:53PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niece or cousins, in royal houses that's often both at the same time because you know, pure breeds and keeping the bloodline clean.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yeah that was typo the book says they are uncle and niece
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The important thing is that Emeric and Arzhela know they're cousins, even if the book's author got it wrong.

Errors (and bias) in in-game books isn't new to ES:O.
  • TourismTamriel
    Unreliable narrators are an often used trope in TES. Sounds like the historian simply got it wrong.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unreliable narrators are an often used trope in TES. Sounds like the historian simply got it wrong.

If they got the living royalty's relationship wrong, those are idiots that need to be fired
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The important thing is that Emeric and Arzhela know they're cousins, even if the book's author got it wrong.

Errors (and bias) in in-game books isn't new to ES:O.

^Read my last response
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Niece or cousins, in royal houses that's often both at the same time because you know, pure breeds and keeping the bloodline clean.

I think the Hapsburgs had more than one occasion of a guy being his own uncle. And the Ptolemies in Egypt didn't have a family tree so much as a family ladder.

Spoiler: it didn't end well.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.