The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most difficult Achievement

DeathStalker
DeathStalker
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think is the most difficult and/or the most time-consuming Achievement to obtain? Take the achievement indomitable adventurer for example. You get this by doing 1000 quests on a single toon. While not hard it is time-consuming. So, what do you think is the most difficult and/or the most time-consuming Achievement to obtain?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Angler. Nothing comes close.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

See, I don't fish. So that would have never even crossed my mind to even look at those achievements. I bet that is a very long and time-consuming achievement to get.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say whatever the PVP max rank is; I don’t know the name - but the 5 star general or whatever.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Overlord might be the most time consuming.

I have both Grand Overlord and Master Angler. Grand Overlord takes much much longer.
    Edited by Dojohoda on February 28, 2019 5:33PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting well into it during slow times, just require you to watch youtube or netflix while fishing.
    Some of the vet trial ones require serious skills. Emperor require an network skill and dedication.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few that are very time-consuming but not necessarily "difficult" (Master Angler, Black Market Mogul).

I would guess that Like Clockwork (no-death, speed run, hard mode in vHoF; grants the Tick Tock Tormentor title) is probably one of the rarest, if not the rarest, achievement in the game.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Soul-Shriven in Coldharbour" hands down
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    There are a few that are very time-consuming but not necessarily "difficult" (Master Angler, Black Market Mogul).

I would guess that Like Clockwork (no-death, speed run, hard mode in vHoF; grants the Tick Tock Tormentor title) is probably one of the rarest, if not the rarest, achievement in the game.
    The guy who has all the achievements in ESO use that as his title most of the time.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some grindy ones like Grand Overlord, Master Angler or Black Market Mogul. But grindiness has little to do with difficulty. Tick Tock is objectively the most difficult achievement to get.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grindiness achievements could be very challenging for those
    with high skill levels and little patience. Tick Tock to me too though.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also Grand Standard-Guardian from Battlegrounds, where you need to kill 500 enemies attacking a flag you previously captured. Time consuming too.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo achievements are not hard in this game they are all time consuming time consuming =/= difficulty

The No Death trial achievements are hard as they require skill and good enough to be part of a raid team capable of getting them.
    #MOREORBS
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely all no death + speed run + hm trial achievements.

These should have never be added in game imo, ever!
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a difference between time consuming and difficulty imo. Master angler may take months to complete, but it's not "hard" per say, just takes a lot of time and patience. Something like doing flawless vMA takes a lot of knowledge and skill and difficulty, as well as time, so I would consider that "harder" just not as time consuming. So the answer changes. I dont thinkf lawless vma is the hardest in the game though, that was just an example.

probably the hardest one that i want to go for some day in the future is speedrun + no death + 3 veteran Cloudrest.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tick tock tormentor
    Speed run, no death, hardmode vet Halls.
    Nothing comes close.

Grindiest ones are master angler and grand overlord. They’re not difficult, just grindy.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tick tock tormentor.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explorer is not exactly a hard achievement or a particularly grindy one, but it does require spending a lot of time in Cyrodiil which for a PvE player, is difficult.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hiruda
    Hiruda
    ✭✭✭
    Gryphon Heart maybe ?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Outside of Hard mode ones, I think the Scamp achievement in IC is harder than Master Angler.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I see myself never earning Emperor or any of the hardmode trial achievements.

Master angler is time consuming but I will get it eventually, same with the PvP ranks I’ll get them eventually.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    there's a difference between time consuming and difficulty imo. Master angler may take months to complete, but it's not "hard" per say, just takes a lot of time and patience. Something like doing flawless vMA takes a lot of knowledge and skill and difficulty, as well as time, so I would consider that "harder" just not as time consuming. So the answer changes. I dont thinkf lawless vma is the hardest in the game though, that was just an example.

probably the hardest one that i want to go for some day in the future is speedrun + no death + 3 veteran Cloudrest.

Could be just as time consuming if you take into account all that is involved. Typically starts with figuring out a build then spending a lot of time in front of a practice dummy. Then you start with group dynamics and learning mechanics through progression groups. Then comes the actual runs.

The achievement that is taking me the longest so far is the monstrous creatures trophy collection achievement. I have been hunting off and on for a couple of years now for an Orge Toe Ring.

I haven't tried for any of the flawless trial runs because my schedule is kinda goofy making it hard for me to commit to being available consistently for group stuff.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm alliance rank 33 in less than six months, not even max cp yet. I'll hopefully get those five stars in another six.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardest will no doubt be the incoming new trial with speed/no death/3xHM thrown together, but with the added twist that it has to be done while the moons are in a specific place and at a specific hour of the day.

I enjoy having something to work towards but knowing they keep adding things that 99,99999999% of the players will never even come close to getting takes some fun out of it. Which is why I'm just going for the master angler/ trophy hunts / huge grinds on all my characters. Got the time to put in the game for sure but I'll never get these things done so, meh. I have considered going for GO as well but PvP is something I don't enjoy doing solo so I'll probably only get there in 15 years time.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine was probably the flawless (blackest?) sacrament. The daily where you have to assassinate like 20 people in specific ways. Since the spawns are all rng based, it took like 2 months before the last dude was part of that daily quest.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos Champion is not possible in the current BG system without cheating by coordinating with the other team.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos Champion is not possible in the current BG system without cheating by coordinating with the other team.

No kidding, this one is horrible. Aren’t there 2 BG achievements that will be easier to get with update 21?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Master angler has gotten easier. The scamp achievements are harder
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    I'm alliance rank 33 in less than six months, not even max cp yet. I'll hopefully get those five stars in another six.

Well Legate which is 40 is the halfway point believe it or not
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    master angler.

anyone who can handle fishing that long, god bless you
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperorship yes it was. before the emp sellers and before the dead campains. It was reeeealy Hard to obtain even back in the veteran system. I wonder why ZOS removed the 1% all stats as a prema buff if you achieved that title once. it should be bring back to life :) We always could use some extra % :P Oh yes and alliance ranks. BTW what is this thing about the elderscroll decoration? isn't the emperor or formal emperors are higer ranked persons in Lore widde then the grand something ones? :D forgot the name of that xD.
    Edited by TheValar85 on March 1, 2019 2:33AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n