The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Story and the Season of the Dragon

Valerien
Valerien
✭✭✭
It seems with whom the focal point of the new season is (Abnur Tharn) this would logically dictate that he is out and about and not trapped in Coldharbour, the events take place after our actions and choices in the original story.

Would it be possible for the writing team or in fact the entire development team to take this and run with it to the full. The game is amazing, while I play through the stories they are amazing. But once I complete the story, I find it very easily forgettable these days because unless I go back to that story area its as if it never happened. They are all stand alone plots (even if they are not meant to be) that once complete become at best summed up next time you meet the NPC in one line or more than likely completely oblivious to anything that happened.

It seems when you put the dungeon DLCs in you have an expected level of familiarity with the game, the combat, hell a number of Champion levels (on vet this seems to be close to 810). But when you put new story in you purposely make it stand alone, offering at best a throw away line to maybe tie in previous NPCs. It would be great to see previous choices matter, including Race, Class, Vampire/Werewolf, if your in the Dark Brotherhood/thieves guild, whom you sacrificed to defeat Morlag Bal, etc.

If you consider all that the character has achieved in the various stories in the last 5 years it might have been nice in Summer set for those that helped Queen Ayrenn secure her place on the throne, if she could have bothered to personally ask you to help out or invite you. The more of a personal touch the stories have the more memorable they become and the more invested the player can be in them. If its just generic go do generic task and generically save the world again only no one will mention it and outside of this story part this entire world threatening event is completely unknown; they all blur into one and I'm not sure if this threat was to sink Murkmire or something to do with a tower or something.

So come the Season of the Dragon, can we start to see our character being recognized for the choices they have made and not completely indistinguishable for a necromancer fresh of a boat/caravan/prison cell.