The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The tutorial

Frysa
Frysa
Soul Shriven
I was just wondering if it was possible to switch between different tutorials. I have the Morrowind dlc installed, so all my characters have started with the tutorial that comes with that dlc. I want to know if there's a way for my character to start with the tutorial in the base game, the one where you start in coldharbour.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the tutorial is bound to the most recent chapter you have installed.

For example, if you were ever to get the Summerset chapter, new characters would default to the Summerset tutorial.

There have been a lot of complaints from players not being able to choose ... but ZOS seems steadfast on the current approach.

Regardless, whichever tutorial you do, you can still start the main quest later in your Alliance’s starter zone.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot start eh game with that tutorial. However, if you travel to your starter city, The Hooded Figure" will appraoch you with a message. Follow instructions and you can play the original tutorial, sans tutorial parts, and get started on the main quest.

It doesn't make as much sense, story-wise, unless you roleplay that your character was so traumatized by being captured by slavers in Morrowind that they left Vvardenfell as quickly as possible...
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with both replies. We've been clamoring since the first 'chapter' for some options on where to start the tutorial.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo