The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Returning should I?

angelweave
angelweave
Soul Shriven
I played ESO for a few years and loved everything about the game, the one and only thing that made me leave the game was maintenance times (I now play an mmo that has zero server downtime)... I still dream about ESO though. I noticed that the new maintenance windows for NA PC appear to only be once a month, while not ideal I can happily live with that.
Considering fixed weekly server downtime is a deal breaker for me (and why I left the game in the first place), will I be happy if I come back?
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know yoda. And nobody here knows.
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I think you should start playing again, definitely
    Options
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp no, for pve maybe if you enjoy doing same dungeons/trials over and over again, for questing/housing/roleplaying sure. Maintainence times are a lot better than they used to be especially for NA.
    Options
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are currently 2 types of ESO maintenance in my opinion
    • Servers come online 4-8 hours late, require emergency extra downtime & instances are laggy for most of the new patch
    • Servers come online on time but so many things are broken by the patch it's hardly worth playing the game for the next week

Options
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. We don't want you to be here.

Best regards, friendly ESO community.

Jokes aside, I just don't understand how is that the existence of maintenance downtimes made you leave the game.
    Edited by Ermiq on February 28, 2019 12:05PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    angelweave wrote: »
    I played ESO for a few years and loved everything about the game, the one and only thing that made me leave the game was maintenance times (I now play an mmo that has zero server downtime)... I still dream about ESO though. I noticed that the new maintenance windows for NA PC appear to only be once a month, while not ideal I can happily live with that.
    Considering fixed weekly server downtime is a deal breaker for me (and why I left the game in the first place), will I be happy if I come back?

Just so you know, 8+ hour maintanance windows are still a thing.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    I played ESO for a few years and loved everything about the game, the one and only thing that made me leave the game was maintenance times (I now play an mmo that has zero server downtime)...

You left game becouse of this?
    whaaaat.jpg

<PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
    Options
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know yoda. And nobody here knows.

2uumru.jpg
    EU PC
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a PC EU player. Played since the beta, little breaks now and then til last year. Around Jan 2018, I decided to stop playing and cancelled my sub. After watching some Elsweyr streams, I decided to return, started in PC NA this time. It's been less than a week but compared to EU in terms of server issues, I have much better experience in NA. Ping rate is around 250-300 but at least you can play without disconnects and lag spikes. Also, in my opinion, NA server is better cared in terms of maintenance and other server related qualifications.

If you give yourself a couple days playing time, I believe you can decide for yourself.
    Edited by Mitrenga on February 28, 2019 11:31AM
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improved the maintenance it has. If enjoyment in the game you find, we can tell you not. With no subscription, simply playing yourself you should.
    Options
  • angelweave
    angelweave
    Soul Shriven
    lol this is what I love about mmo's the troll comments that make you smile!
    I guess I'll wait it out till zos can get their game more stable

Thanks for the heads up on what's happening, ESO is still a cool game.
    Options
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the one and only thing that made me leave the game was maintenance times <snip>..will I be happy if I come back?

Every game has maintenance.

It's up to you if you will enjoy coming back or not. The rest of the game is still there, but if maintenance is the deal breaker then you should do some soul searching.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
    Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Did you really force yourself not to log in over maintenance? Really?

Like, you saw the server was up but said, "No! I cannot for I hath sworn to not log in because maintenance was two days ago and i am still upset about it!"

The time you spent making this thread and waiting for responses could have been spent playing the game instead...
    Edited by srfrogg23 on February 28, 2019 12:19PM
    Options
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smh. This certainly ranks as one of the dumbest posts on these forums that these old eyes have seen. Moving on.
    Options
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely yes. The game is continually improving. It's the best game on the market now. They've even added a lot of new features in the past year.
    Options
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    waiting you will
    Options
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played ESO for a few years and loved everything about the game, the one and only thing that made me leave the game was maintenance times (I now play an mmo that has zero server downtime)...

You left game becouse of this?
    whaaaat.jpg

I assume OP stopped driving a car too...
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll wait it out till zos can get their game more stable

Not gonna happen chief.
    Options
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know the name of this game that has zero server downtime that the TC talks about
    Options
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, kind of a petty reason to leave something you liked so much, u would probably leave again
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I might understand if it were the specific maintenance times, but any down time whatsoever?!?! Is there a rationale here?
    Options