The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

game systematically crashing at the end of loading screen for 2 characters (others are OK)

lohworm
lohworm
✭✭✭
Hi,

Two of my chars have the same issue (they are Healania-Loh and Celestia-Loh)
The issue is :
the game first crashed during the animation played when mounting and starting to ride...
And now, I can't load these two chars, because the game ALWAYS crash at the end of the loading screen !
(note : even with no addon at all)

Please change whatever it needs to reset these both chars in a "still standing position", so I can load and play them.

Regards

bug ticket # 190227-001852
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @lohworm

Are these the only two characters experiencing this crash?

Besides removing add-ons, running a repair as described here may help with getting your characters to load in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Azbit
    Azbit
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issues...

It starting crashing when one of my characters mounted up. After that it would always crash when trying to go in to play that one character. All of my other characters are fine.

Things I've tried:
    - Removed all addons
    - Repair
    - Reinstalled launcher
    - Deleted ProgramData and numbered host.developer.Xlog files

So, I did some troubleshooting and narrowed down what was unique to that one character. The one thing unique was the mount. None of my other characters use the Silver Dawn Charger.

So I went into another character that used a different mount and changed to the Silver Dawn Charger instead. Sure enough I crashed when I mounted up. Going in again to that character causes a crash every time.

Now I have two characters that I can't play.

Hope that helps
    Edited by Azbit on February 27, 2019 8:03PM
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azbit wrote: »
    I'm having the same issues...

It starting crashing when one of my characters mounted up. After that it would always crash when trying to go in to play that one character. All of my other characters are fine.

Things I've tried:
    - Removed all addons
    - Repair
    - Reinstalled launcher

So, I did some troubleshooting and narrowed down what was unique to that one character. The one thing unique was the mount. None of my other characters use the Silver Dawn Charger.

So I went into another character that used a different mount and changed to the Silver Dawn Charger instead. Sure enough I crashed when I mounted up. Going in again to that character causes a crash every time.

Now I have two characters that I can't play.

Hope that helps

You're definitely on to something; my broken toon also rides the Silver Dawn charger. Interesting.

Edited by Ohtimbar on February 27, 2019 10:04PM
    forever stuck in combat
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, same issue, logged in mounted up and crash. Did everything suppose too.

Things I've tried:
    - Removed all addons
    - Repair
    - Reinstalled launcher

Character name Cacciulus Umbades.

Looks like mount is problem. Silver Dawn charger.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting !

Is there a line in any game log where I can check if my two crashing characters used this mount ?

I'm not really into losing a third character to experiment and confirm the hypothesis ^^

Or maybe on the PTS ?
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Can you bring this info to the debug team ?
    Can you ask if anyone at support team can change the mounts on our crashing toons ?
  • Azbit
    Azbit
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

Just an update. I put in a support ticket and what ZOS did was remove the Silver Dawn Charger from my account, then I was able to log back in to both of my characters without issues. They then added the Silver Dawn Charger back to my account but said not to use it until they find a fix.

They are now looking into the cause of the mount issue.

If you still can't log on then you'll need to make a support ticket to have them manually remove the mount from your account (make sure you let them know the name of each of your characters).
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azbit wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just an update. I put in a support ticket and what ZOS did was remove the Silver Dawn Charger from my account, then I was able to log back in to both of my characters without issues. They then added the Silver Dawn Charger back to my account but said not to use it until they find a fix.

They are now looking into the cause of the mount issue.

If you still can't log on then you'll need to make a support ticket to have them manually remove the mount from your account (make sure you let them know the name of each of your characters).

Thanks for update, I also put a bug report in asking them to remove the mount. Hopefully they will do it soon to my character. I use addon random mount, I have set it to not use the silver mount on my other characters.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are currently aware of an issue where the Silverdawn Argent Charger Mount causes the game to crash and are working on a fix. More details about this issue can be found here. Please submit a ticket to customer support if you are currently affected.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 28, 2019 6:19PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post