The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is damage in BGs increased for anyone else?

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm getting hit by light attacks for 1.8k damage. I'm going from full HP to dead instantly. Seriously, I get hit all at once by multiple skills in incredibly rapid succession that all did a crazy amount of damage compared to before the patch. The damage is coming in so fast and so hard I don't even have time to react.

I wanted to blame it on macro users (and I still suspect some of the instances are. No human can fire off that many skills at that speed without a macro) but the damage is also off the charts.

I'm not a tank on the character this has been happening to. I just know I used to take oh 500-600 damage per light attack, with more from skills, and now I'm taking so much I can't even look at an enemy with falling over dead.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not macro users thanks to the GCD. I’ve noticed more dmg too, seems like resists aren’t applying properly tbh.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be good if @ZOS_GinaBruno could share some insights here maybe.

I mean they messed up siege damage, maybe there is a bigger problem in PvP than just that?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I noticed more incoming damage.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also feel like damage has increased but can't prove how. Maybe it's the racials...
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on February 27, 2019 11:12PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I ever went into BG's maybe I could answer..
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels increased as well got hit by a 12k executioner in full heavy + hurricane
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed anything different. Keep in mind you might be getting hit by a dk with corrosive armor up.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting hit by light attacks for 1.8k damage. I'm going from full HP to dead instantly. Seriously, I get hit all at once by multiple skills in incredibly rapid succession that all did a crazy amount of damage compared to before the patch. The damage is coming in so fast and so hard I don't even have time to react.

I wanted to blame it on macro users (and I still suspect some of the instances are. No human can fire off that many skills at that speed without a macro) but the damage is also off the charts.

I'm not a tank on the character this has been happening to. I just know I used to take oh 500-600 damage per light attack, with more from skills, and now I'm taking so much I can't even look at an enemy with falling over dead.

I’m assuming you’re running a tank buil because 1.8 isn’t that bad. I definitely hit people regularly harder than that. But I’ve seen people saying they’ve been taking more damage since the patch.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed the same thing, not sure why.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m assuming you’re running a tank buil because 1.8 isn’t that bad. I definitely hit people regularly harder than that. But I’ve seen people saying they’ve been taking more damage since the patch.

No this wasn't on my tank build and I've never been hit by a light attack for that much. It's usually half that.

People are melting in BGs. Blink and either you or someone else is dead.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if Impen or crit resist in general got a stealth nerf.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the Shadow Mundus buff this patch is bugged?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think race against time is becoming more popular, that’s my hunch.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial changes have made damage go up. I freaking love it now. I often don't say this but good job ZOS! Folks die now if they make mistakes no longer crutching on armor.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my thoughts:

1. all sorcs are now hitting harder due to change on implosion. yes you aren't getting RNG bursted at very low life, but you likely are dieing then anyways from other executes. But now - all other damage has been buffed with amplitude
    2. bleeds took a nerf - as a result, people swapped out of axes into mauls/swords. an increase in direct damage. remember all that Q'Qing about bleeds? here is the consequence. nerf bleeds and people flock to more direct damage.
    3. racial changes have increased damage.
    4. YcKId just posted about changes on vulnerability math that has also increased dmg.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feels that way to me. Tried playing med armor/stamina the other day and was getting deleted instantly. Even in my tanky mag set up i'm dying a lot faster.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    my thoughts:

1. all sorcs are now hitting harder due to change on implosion. yes you aren't getting RNG bursted at very low life, but you likely are dieing then anyways from other executes. But now - all other damage has been buffed with amplitude
    2. bleeds took a nerf - as a result, people swapped out of axes into mauls/swords. an increase in direct damage. remember all that Q'Qing about bleeds? here is the consequence. nerf bleeds and people flock to more direct damage.
    3. racial changes have increased damage.
    4. YcKId just posted about changes on vulnerability math that has also increased dmg.

This is good logical reasoning.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16