The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are all Trials now mechanically friendly for pet users?

Moonsorrow
Moonsorrow
✭✭✭✭✭
I remember some trials been fixed on mechanics that had troubles if summoned pets were being used. Are they all now fixed or some still have issues with pets? If so, what are the troublesome trials/encounters still left?
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    I remember the time when pet-sorc was the weakest build of Sorcerer. they got better? I think not. what happened is that all the other builds got worse
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the most part issues with the pets are fixed such as the pets contributing to chain lightning on vAA. That said there are cases like the twins fight in vMoL where you have to be careful about the volitile familiar stun. It makes it harder for the group chain in the adds. This is something you can manage by ensuring that your last tic of the volitile dot doesn't proc during add spawn and that you heavy attack the correct boss while the tank is bringing it over to your group. It's not end of the world but as a tank it great I helps.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IonicKai wrote: »
    For the most part issues with the pets are fixed such as the pets contributing to chain lightning on vAA. That said there are cases like the twins fight in vMoL where you have to be careful about the volitile familiar stun. It makes it harder for the group chain in the adds. This is something you can manage by ensuring that your last tic of the volitile dot doesn't proc during add spawn and that you heavy attack the correct boss while the tank is bringing it over to your group. It's not end of the world but as a tank it great I helps.

This is the kind of info i am looking for, thanks to you @IonicKai :)

How about pets at HoF? Anything there that might be an issue?

People been using pets at Asylum, and not witnessed any complications.. so i guess that is also a pet-friendly trial too?
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asylum is fine but not sure about HoF. Haven't run it on vet so I don't know if there are any weird issues but I don't think there would be since most things aren't affected by stuns and I don't think there is anything that can chain off of pets.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the time when pet-sorc was the weakest build of Sorcerer. they got better? I think not. what happened is that all the other builds got worse

Has nothing to do with OP's question.
    Try again.
    Edited by SirMewser on February 27, 2019 11:03PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main thing to watch out for in HoF is pets hitting the Assembly General when he shields and goes to the middle (terminal phase). Any attacks on him at this point will reflect and kill you.

Other than that, the only thing I remember is that pets used to get stuck in traps a lot on Triplets and AG and would just be unable to attack anything. I haven’t tried this lately though.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vMoL is a great example for another pet issue.

When going from one area to another pets become unresponsive. Going into the room to fight the Forgotten has required despawning the pet and respawning it, or it does nothing. Little things like that are an annoyance.
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »

Has nothing to do with OP's question.
    Try again.

OP question is another classe with a spammable execute, stunlocking and hiting 61k DPS selfbuffed,
    try again
    Edited by cbritomiranda on February 28, 2019 1:31AM
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only time pets would be an issue in trials now is the last boss in HoF. Mainly because they can wipe the entire team if they attack the boss during terminal phase. In order to use the pets, it's best to leash them during the phase by using the "Command Pet" command. Default is y+block to stop attacking or y+light attack to attack.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for answers everyone. :)
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main thing to watch out for in HoF is pets hitting the Assembly General when he shields and goes to the middle (terminal phase). Any attacks on him at this point will reflect and kill you.

Other than that, the only thing I remember is that pets used to get stuck in traps a lot on Triplets and AG and would just be unable to attack anything. I haven’t tried this lately though.

I was just gonna say same :-) This is the only issue still, I think.

For the 10 minutes I played a Persorc I just used the kill pets addon and just turned them off or made them passive.

The main issue is a lot of people don’t know how to control their pets and don’t bind their control keys in an easy way for them to manage. :-)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they got better but a big bug with torremtor that needs to be fixed .. hopefully next week will see it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

vMoL is a great example for another pet issue.

When going from one area to another pets become unresponsive. Going into the room to fight the Forgotten has required despawning the pet and respawning it, or it does nothing. Little things like that are an annoyance.

Wasn't this fixed?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    I remember some trials been fixed on mechanics that had troubles if summoned pets were being used. Are they all now fixed or some still have issues with pets? If so, what are the troublesome trials/encounters still left?

Hof last boss reflecting attacks, vmol taking on curses, ruins of mazzutum dying
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nearly every transition (door, ladder) in MoL is still making pets unresponsive so it needs habit of resummoning them every time in case that happens. That is manageable.

What is not manageable is pets totally randomly dying mostly on first boss of vMoL.