The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about PvP mechanics.

alexj4596b14_ESO
alexj4596b14_ESO
✭✭✭
How does one counter animations that he can't see occur? For example, multple times in BG's today I was only able to see 3 move animations go off. Jump from dragon knight, worlwind from a NB, and Fire Clench from multiple sources. However, none of these moves caused my death it was always moves such as Nox Breath, NB assassinate type move, Arrows going off.

So just from a mechanics perspective how does one counter moves that one does not see go off?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resists and pre-heal before you enter a fight.

I play on 300 ping so I expect to get hit with things like that, I am just used to dying over and over in PVP.

You don't have to counter whatever the other person is doing you just have to win the game, if there is that guy who you can't fight don't fight them.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above expect damage is on your way and prepare. Use line of sight and position yourself in way you don't easy get incoming attacks. And better is to kill opponents before they kill you.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With practice and experience you will be able to recognize builds very fast when you see 1-2 skills that they use. Then you will know what to expect and act proactive.
    Because I can!
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp requires a proactive gameplay that only experience will grant you. You have to learn how characters tend to deal damage and apply shields/hots (healing over time) before you take the damage. On the other hand, stuff like noxious (a dot - damage over time) will be applied to you and deal several damage ticks every second (most likely). When you have a lot of dots on you you might want to purge them if you are a templar and, in general, get out of there to catch some breath. Too many dots + defile will most likely kill you.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They said it well, good explanations. The other thing you’ll eventually pick up is the flow of battle. It’s something that’s easier to pick up as a healer.

That’s what let’s you figure out when to push, when to fall back, when to reposition because that team that just got wiped will be coming back from the respawn soon, etc.

It’s all intuition but it’s what separates the very best pvpers from the good ones.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I advice my friends who are new to PvP is to get a tanky setup and just try to stay alive and monitor the fights. This will help you to get some experience and later you can adjust a build to your playstyle.

A good starting setup is transmutation + reactive + monster sets, all jewelery with magicka recovery and spam some heals.

You are not going to kill anyone but at least you will not die for 5 seconds. Then you can get the PvP experience.
    Because I can!