The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crown Crate type Schedule?

Annomaander_Rake
Annomaander_Rake
✭✭✭
Is there an ETA on when these Xanmeer crates will be gone? or if there will be another event where there are multiple choices of types of crates I can buy? because I truly cannot stand the Xanmeer crates and just about everything that is available along with them. Aside from the Night Senche mount. I've been looking and looking for some kind of information regarding when there will be more options or when the next type of crate will be available but have not found anything helpful anywhere. I think both the customers and the sellers (ZOS) would be happier if there were multiple crown crate options at any given time. or at the very least, change the crates up every couple weeks or at least once a month, rather than everyone being stuck with one type of crate for months on end. I desperately want the Scalecaller crates to come back so that I can purchase the apex bear mount with my gems that I have been saving for months. Any information on this subject would be appreciated. Thank you
Main- Annomaander Rake - Magicka Lightning Sorcerer PVP DPS
Second- Dracconnus - Magicka Fire DK PVE DPS
Third- Necro-Nom-Icon - Templar PVE Tank
  • DragonHeart000
    They change them up but slowly. I feel like they change it up a good amount though. It gives people plenty of time to get them if they are after something in it and since the rotation is slow it kinda gives you a good feeling when you get something you want that you know won't be back in stock for a while. Somewhat of a limited time offer kind of deal.

I also, really like the current crown crates. They have a lot of things that I want in them but I still can't justify spending as much as they want on crown crates. I've only boughten a few with gold.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say they're changed quarterly, but I'm not 100% certain where I got that...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    I want to say they're changed quarterly, but I'm not 100% certain where I got that...
    That's about right though, normally they're about 3 months before a change.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When were the Xanmeer crates introduced?

I'm with the OP eheh I really dislike this crates, can't wait to see what we will get next :blush:
  • Annomaander_Rake
    Annomaander_Rake
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that some are happier having more time to get what they want from the current crate. but if there was a set rotation, with each crate type being out for like two weeks or month at a time, everyone would be guaranteed to get the things they want most within a reasonable time. I'd be happiest if they made it so each crate type would be available twice a year. either by having two types at once for a month, or having each one be available for two weeks at a time. bc as it is right now, there is no way to guarantee that I will be able to get my Scalecaller bear that I want so bad, bc there is no guarantee that the Scalecaller crates will ever return, and I'm sure there are plenty of people in a similar position as i am. a set crate schedule is the most important aspect of this post. transparency is key ZOS.
  • Annomaander_Rake
    Annomaander_Rake
    ✭✭✭
    also, thank you @Thannazar for posting the links to the data mined info, that was very very helpful.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOVELTY STICK HORSE!? OMG! Pack Mule?! LOL I need these!
  • Skyasi
    Skyasi
    Soul Shriven
    Scalecaller crates already returned around the beginning of December. They likely will not appear again for awhile I'm sorry to say. Other crates that have not seen a return recently are the more likely candidates.

I think I would be nice if they did offer each month one of the other crates for at least a week. They sometimes do this. In December it was Scalecaller and in January it was Storm Atronach. I don't recall anything for February, which means they kind of seem to just do it on a whim.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Each Crown Crate is associated with a special “Season" that will include uniquely themed items, and will be cycled quarterly."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25871

Occasional reissues of older themes do not affect the quarterly rotation of new seasons. Look for new seasons to drop in March, June, September, and December.

Reissues are a bonus, not an expectation. ZOS has no obligation to return older seasons.
    signing off
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »

Only one correction:

The Baandari Crate has been discovered alongside Elsweyr, and the player will receive one of these crates from the collector's version.

Recently the Dragonscale Crate was discovered, which will have several things associated with Treasure Hunter - and hey, guess what? Currently in the store we have the mount of the Treasure Hunter!

So probably now we will have the Dragonscale Crate, and only in June will we get the Baandari.

Images of some drops of Dragonscale Crate:
    Dragonscale Barded Senche:
    aw_crwn_mounts_dragonscalebardedsenche_1x1.jpg

Eerie Elk Dread:
    aw_crwn_mounts_eerieelkofdread_1x1.jpg

Egg Hunters Horse:
    aw_crwn_mounts_egghuntershorse_1x1.jpg

Meridian Sabre Cat:
    aw_crwn_mounts_meridiansabrecat_1x1.jpg

Treasure Hunters Horse (Available in Wrathstone Collector's Edition)
    aw_crwn_mounts_treasurehuntershorse_1x1.jpg

Dragonscale Crate Template:
    aw_crwn_sys_dragonscalecrowncratex15_1x1.jpg
    @FabresFour - 1970 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonscale still hasn't been officially confirmed, and was likely kept out of the files because of the huge spoiler in its name.
    When the official article is released in a few weeks, the non-Apex reward tiers will be confirmed alongside it.

Egg Hunters Horse should be hitting the Crown Store around the 18th of April, either announced in that month's showcase or a surprise holiday mount similar to the Serval-Senche.
    signing off
  • Annomaander_Rake
    Annomaander_Rake
    ✭✭✭
    @Acrolas, I know they have no obligation to re-issue anything, the point of the original post is to say that it would be beneficial to all parties involved if they had a faster rotating schedule of both new and old crown crate types. more people would buy more stuff. the company would make more money for minimal effort, and the customers would have the stuff they want in the game. it's a reasonable request to make, especially when I benefits the devs and the players alike. The argument that they have no obligation to do so is obvious, but I don't see how they could actively want to make less money, more options = more purchases = more profit. everyone would be happy.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »
    Currently in the store we have the mount of the Treasure Hunter!

Off topic but wanted to thank you for this bit of news, was waiting for this mount to arrive.