The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLEASE HALP! MANY :SADPANTS: Potential EFT or Linking Issue?

mayasunrising
mayasunrising
✭✭✭✭✭
I just spent the better part of two hour finishing off the super secret crafting area in my Grand Psijic Retreat. I had all items on the bookcase placed just so and linked the items on the bookcase to their parent (the bookcase). I created an animation with triggers that worked flawlessly when tested. All the items moved with the bookcase as I had intended. All triggers, selections, etc were save. Then I had to leave the house quickly to meet a friend. When I came back to the house everything on the shelf had shifted back and too the left a bit and unfortunately not all on the same plane (so I could just select everything and move it back. This is the second time it's happened and I am very very sadpants right now.

Does anyone know a way to fix this easily (like EHT backups) or why it happens? I can die to mobs, and bosses, and pvp bad-doods all day long and not be in a mood to cry but...*sobs uncontrollably into her oatmeal.

Please halp housing gurus! Save my oatmeals from all the salt! The pics below show the calamity that has befallen this one.

@R_K

yf5fxi6lvs4u.png

kp7cwbxdw92o.png

eaqa4d3c155z.png
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Cardi, I'm also getting this error message. The reason I left my house and the work I was doing was to go visit a friends house quickly so they could give me a piece of furniture I needed. When I return and try to run my secret door trigger the error pops up. Could this have something to do with it?

i2ir0wf6zzuw.png
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that its because of the changes made in the database, I am sure the creator of EHT is working hard to try to find a fix for this. Lots of major Addons got all sorts of messed up this update, it will just take the creators a few days to sort it all out.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you might be right about the error, but the linked items re-positioning in weird ways I've experienced before. I remember at the time I just kind of gave up because what I was working wasn't that important. But I just really love my Psijic Villa and really would love to get it to work. :(

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *pokes @R_K with a pixie stick* :p

I'm having to backup and restore my villa each time I load into it. My roommate is starting to worry about me because I giggle like a maniac every time I come in and see my lovely library all Salvador Dali'd.

P.S. @R_K , I sent you some personal message with more error message related to this and sharing I think. So when you have a moment (ha!) check those. They might help.

Edited by mayasunrising on March 1, 2019 8:05AM

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising

Maya, I am so sorry that this happened to your house's set up. First, I just want you to know that I will look into that particular error with Triggers. I have not seen it before, but with your screen capture (thank you!) I should be able to identify what's going on at/near that line of code.

As for how this happened: I believe that the "Linking" system provided by the game is still not functioning 100% correctly; this is based on your report of this issue along with a number of guild members from DDA that have also told me that their linked items "shift" upon leaving and returning.

This bug is something that I reported several times while the feature was being tested on the PTS:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/437933/bug-housing-editor

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/438289/bug-housing-editor-hierarchical-furniture-links-can-result-in-items-shifting-after-zoning-out-in

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/437981/bug-housing-editor-linked-items-become-distorted-after-zoning

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    The issue was reported back as having been fixed, but I think situations like the one you just experienced -- Linked items shifting/moving out-of-place -- indicates that the issue has returned.

In the meantime, you may have avenues for repairing your home with Essential Housing Tools. First and foremost: when in doubt, restore one of the automatic backups created by EHT:

EHT button > Gears button > choose Backups

From the Backups dialog you can select a recent, automatic backup and Restore it -- this will move all of the items that were in the house at that point-in-time back to where they were.

You may need to try the different backups -- try to choose one with a Date and Time that is just prior to this event. Also, any time you restore a backup, a temporary "Undo" backup is created automatically that you can restore if you find that you need to rollback everything to how it was before you started restoring the backup(s).

Also, if you had any Saved Selections of your items in that house, you could load the Selection and click Revert to Last Save. This will place all of the items in that Selection back into the positions that they were in whenever you last saved the Selection.

Finally, if you haven't made many changes to this house since the event happened, you can also try to Undo the last actions you took from Essential Housing Tools' Undo tab -- the most recent 100 changes are stored, even between logging in/out.

I hope that this helps! And I will get back to you about the Trigger error message as well. <3
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Thank you so much Cardi! I'll put in a support ticket with ZOS to make them aware that the issue is still occurring. I have been using the saved backups to put the meandering furniture back in it's place (wicked naughty little furniture items!) and the backups system is working flawlessly. :smile: