The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I read that the update included Elsweyr prologue quest, how to start?

sphanlon
sphanlon
Usually you grab a free quest starter item from the crown store. Nothing's there now.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure I remember somewhere them saying it would be out later, closer to the next chapter, might have been a dev comment or something. It will be here in time
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually presumed there would be a follow on quest from the Wrathstone dungeons, since I heard them saying on an ESO Live that once you did the dungeons you got a quest to open a certain door! I'll have to a look a bit more tonight, but I didn't see anything apparent last night.
    Edited by Maythor on February 26, 2019 9:26PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prologues are always activated between content drops and it have to be time when both PC and Console have the update. The update has not come out for console yet
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure I remember somewhere them saying it would be out later, closer to the next chapter, might have been a dev comment or something. It will be here in time

^ This answer is correct.

Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5853298#Comment_5853298
    It was never intended to go live today, it was only on PTS for testing. It'll go live a little later, before Elsweyr goes live. :)

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • sphanlon
    sphanlon
    Maythor wrote: »
    I'd actually presumed there would be a follow on quest from the Wrathstone dungeons, since I heard them saying on an ESO Live that once you did the dungeons you got a quest to open a certain door! I'll have to a look a bit more tonight, but I didn't see anything apparent last night.

That's what I thought too but it's apparent that will be the prologue quest. Which the trailer gave it away anyway.
  • surtr2400
    surtr2400
    Soul Shriven
    sphanlon wrote: »
    That's what I thought too but it's apparent that will be the prologue quest. Which the trailer gave it away anyway.

Yep, they spoiled it a little bit, but let's hope they didn't show everything and that there's something new and exciting in the prologue quest
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anybody still looking for this and unsure where to find it, there is now a free item in the crown store. It's a scroll; something about an imperial summons from Abnur Tharn. I didn't get this from the crown store though. There was an annoying NPC popping up at wayshrines - a woman with a horse. She would always tell me she had a message for me. I ignored her until I got sick of being pestered, then I turned around to find out what she wanted. She said Abnur Tharn was looking for me and I got a quest to meet him. I finally got around to doing the quest. I liked it. It will help to explain how and why dragons suddenly appear in Elseweyr. They did a good job and I got a very brief glimpse of the dragons. I really hope they're not going to be hidden behind the invisible PvP or vet content wall. Everyone should get a chance to encounter them, IMHO.