The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Link to new tank changes S&B to Staves?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone provide a link to the upcoming changes regarding using S&B and the move to Staves for tanks? I probably botched the explanation and it's probably staring me right in the face but I can't find it.

I've heard that it's best to move to lightning staves on back bar for tanks if this is true then how does that affect running two five piece sets? Two pieces where the one hand weapon and the shield, if are swapped out with a two hand weapon doesn't that mean you'll be running one five piece set and one four piece?
Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 26, 2019 3:16PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staves (as do all 2 handed weapons) count as 2 parts of a set, so you can do same 5p combos with staves also.
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Moonsorrow, that's good news.
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone let me know where to find the info on the new changes also please?
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume (but don't know for sure) that the move to backbar stave is so you can have a full-value crusher enchant.

This patch, 1handed enchants have half the value of 2H weapons, so a crusher on a sword and board bar isn't bringing as much to the group.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume (but don't know for sure) that the move to backbar stave is so you can have a full-value crusher enchant.

This patch, 1handed enchants have half the value of 2H weapons, so a crusher on a sword and board bar isn't bringing as much to the group.

Thank you, but then don't you also lose then full enchantment that was on the shield? I'm assuming so but the loss of half the crusher is more important than losing the full armor shield glyph? Ive got a new tank with zero staff skills time to start leveling that skill!
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, but then don't you also lose then full enchantment that was on the shield? I'm assuming so but the loss of half the crusher is more important than losing the full armor shield glyph? Ive got a new tank with zero staff skills time to start leveling that skill!

You keep the full value of the shield glyph, it's just weapons that were effected.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running SNB front bar and destro back bar has been a thing for tanks for quite some time now.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, started leveling my stave skill last night, should have done it prior to this, nice to get back some majika!
    Options
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »
    Running SNB front bar and destro back bar has been a thing for tanks for quite some time now.

Yep Yep
    Options