The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC NA -3/10/19 No Rules, No CP 4v4 Tourney

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
New Tourney:

Where: Sotha Sil on PC NA
When: Sunday 3/10/19 at 5PM EST / 2PM pacific
What: No Rules 4v4 Tourney

Prize pool is 5000 crowns to the winning team, as well as any gold I can scrounge up from some sponsors. Winner is measured by which team has won the most matches. We’ll get mathy if 2nd place hasn’t had as many matches.

Tourney layout:
4v4. Dump ults at beginning and then jump block to start. No rezzing during the fight. No adds or fifth players or interference from the sidelines. Matches last 10 minutes max. If both teams are still fighting but with uneven numbers due to deaths, the team with more people alive wins. DRAWS with equal numbers of fighters remaining after 10 minutes count as LOSSES for both teams.

FAQ:
Q: you monster! Why are you doing this?
A: too much cheese goes unnoticed due to top tier players voluntarily choosing not to use it. We want to see what top tier players can do when they put aside their morals. For science.

Q: Are there really no rules?
A: No rules doesn’t mean there is no process. (IE no bringing a fifth person to a 4v4). We still have a process as outlined above.

Q: Why do draws count as losses?
A: because no rules means people can play to stalemate if they want to and we want to make sure that those teams feel like losers. Teams that play to win might have a few losses to the stalemate teams, but they can still win the tourney by having the most wins. If you stalemate every match you’re pretty much guaranteed to be last place. Making stalemates count as losses incentivizes the teams to play to win.

Q: So can I use earthgore?
A: yes. Four of them if you want

Q: What about siege?
A: be my guest

Q: blessed meridia?
A: yup

Q: four zaans?
A: please

Q: resource poisons?
A: bring em if you got em

Q: four pet sorcs?
A: Even if you can’t look at yourself in the mirror you can still come as a Petsorc team to this tournament.

Q: Guard?
A: sure. Be rdy to stalemate though.

Q: class restrictions?
A: I’ll be mad if there isn’t at least one 4 ice magden group present

Message @thogard in game or PM me on the boards to register. Donations for the prize pool are also appreciated!

Edited by Thogard on February 26, 2019 2:46AM
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    All competitive pvp is good pvp.

Any coverage of the event?
    Edited by Edirt_seliv on February 26, 2019 1:30AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either I or lord zele or pale orc will stream it.

If I don’t put a team together I’ll definitely stream it
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    I can stream it easily, especially since we have some time so I can schedule ahead to stream it.
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Zele wrote: »
    I can stream it easily, especially since we have some time so I can schedule ahead to stream it.

Awwww yeeee

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there is a team of werewolves using infernal maw and morkuldin. It won’t be a good show unless I have no clue what is going on.

Heck throw in plague slinger. I want the server to explode.
    Edited by Casul on February 26, 2019 2:53AM
    PvP needs more love.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I hope there is a team of werewolves using infernal maw and morkuldin. It won’t be a good show unless I have no clue what is going on.

Exactly!

But will that group be able to beat an all petsorc group?

Only one way to find out :)

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »

Exactly!

But will that group be able to beat an all petsorc group?

Only one way to find out :)
    You are right, better have them wear shieldbreaker instead:
    PvP needs more love.
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Zele wrote: »

Awwww yeeee

If I stream this, I demand ONE Gold as payment for this. I know that's a bit much but it should be worth it!
    But I'm going to advertise this as well when I go live. :wink:
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds disgusting
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoo wins
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!! :-)
    Edited by DivineFirstYOLO on February 26, 2019 8:26AM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting I definitely want to watch it somehow. Just a curious question, as you are hosting it in Cyrodiil, what happens if some random person trolls the fights by ganking or using siege on the fighting teams? What would be the backup plan if some 24 man ball group camped the event and rolled through all the fights? I don’t expect any of this to happen just entertaining the idea.

Edited by Left4Daud on February 26, 2019 9:08AM
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    New Tourney:

FAQ:
    A: too much cheese goes unnoticed due to top tier players voluntarily choosing not to use it. We want to see what top tier players can do when they put aside their morals. For science.
    !

im almost 100% sure most of the top players run the most cheese in the game, they all stack bleeds with master dw and spam steel tornado with dawnbreaker drops
    hell i even saw you solo smacking people with siege today, cheese is it not?
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    New Tourney:

FAQ:
    !

im almost 100% sure most of the top players run the most cheese in the game, they all stack bleeds with master dw and spam steel tornado with dawnbreaker drops

That’s a bit of an over generalization. Some of the absolute best players run really “average” builds a lot of the time. But that doesn’t mean they all don’t indulge in a bit of fine cheese from time to time.
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    New Tourney:

FAQ:
    !

That’s a bit of an over generalization. Some of the absolute best players run really “average” builds a lot of the time. But that doesn’t mean they all don’t indulge in a bit of fine cheese from time to time.

i only speak for stam toons i must say since its all i play, but i cant remember seeing a top tier player running an average build, i remember they all ran the fury seventh when it was meta, nowdays its all master dw bleeds i see
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Tourney:

FAQ:
    !

i only speak for stam toons i must say since its all i play, but i cant remember seeing a top tier player running an average build, i remember they all ran the fury seventh when it was meta, nowdays its all master dw bleeds i see

Not all meta is cheese.

But yeah, siege right now is total cheese lol.

• Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    ooo. so many ideas. so, so many troll ideas. Your telling me, we only have to 1. keep all our members up, and 2. kill ONE enemy player in order for it to be a W? my theory crafting has already started.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need a shower after reading this.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait to watch this. Although itll likely be more stalemates than anything, it will definitely be interesting to see what cheese people come up with.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooo. so many ideas. so, so many troll ideas. Your telling me, we only have to 1. keep all our members up, and 2. kill ONE enemy player in order for it to be a W? my theory crafting has already started.

That is correct!

• Telannocturne
    Telannocturne
    ✭✭
    Can you link the streams that will be covering the event so I can bookmark them now?
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds great
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you link the streams that will be covering the event so I can bookmark them now?

Go to my stream listed in my signature , if I am not streaming it I will be hosting whoever is.

Zele will prob be the one at twitch.tv/lord_zele
    Edited by Thogard on February 26, 2019 11:07PM

• Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    New Tourney:

FAQ:
    !

Not all meta is cheese.

But yeah, siege right now is total cheese lol.

you're right, i was just saying most stam players i see that are top players run master dw bleeds, idk how good it is now but before the patch it was kinda stupid strong
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /grabspopcorn
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be enjoyable to watch. A shame we don't have the same community on xbox
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard thank you for doing this. :cheeseislife:

You should open a betting system about the winning composition, if possible with secret bets and managed by someone with enough integrity to not forward ideas to one of the teams.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm i think I will offering 1k crowns to anyone who can successfully gank the participants during duels. whats cheese without some whine?

I kid I kid, but would be entertaining

Edited by TheMythicDawn on March 6, 2019 1:10AM