The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf pvp new player

stefano92
stefano92
Soul Shriven
Hi, i want make a werewolf for pvp,i Think want a nord..and suggestion for class? I m new Player....and second question..can play alzo in pve without respec? In what role? Thanks
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all how new are you? Are you familiar with the Champion Point system? Werewolves are amazing and awesome, extremely powerful. I've been in ESO almost 2 years now and am a 1000cp I have made a werewolf on every class but templar. I've made a DragonKnight not a taunting tank but a tank werewolf, extremely defensive with high health. DragonKnight has a passive when you use your ultimate it returns resources and as a werewolf is impressive. As far as a classes passives Stam sorcerers have the best synergies with werewolf, I personally tried it and didn't like it. But it is true and many players make them this way because of that. Nord will best work with DragonKnight, the ultimate is the key synergy between class and race. Don't know how much PvP you have under your belt but on your stat sheet critical resistance is their. The normal is about 2000 to 3000 critical resistance. A crit build can hit so hard if a player has no critical resistance could be one shotted under the right circumstances. Another note is werewolves in PvP are deadly, everyone knows that, they're also more susceptible to poison damage. So as soon as a werewolf pretty much goes werewolf there's a lethal arrow coming from somewhere. But it sure is a ton of fun. Ok so from PvP to PvE, your real only main difference is the trait impenetrable on your armor for critical resistance. You can either have two sets of the same or a different set for PvE entirely but the thing is crit resistance is only useful in PvP so divines to increse your mundus power or well fitted for dodge roll and Sprint reduction. There is also a set of armor just for this situation it is called impregnable and the fifth piece bonus gives like 2000 crit resistance so 1300 in CP will give you 3300 crit resistance which is good and thus will allow for you to put other traits on the armor because of impregnable. My tank uses it so I can stack potion cool down enchants to take potions quicker, awesome fun. All you do to switch like on my tank is change out my impregnable for my PvE set warrior poet and take out CP for critical resistance and that's it. Any more questions I'll have answers, hope you enjoy.
  • stefano92
    stefano92
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you so much!!!! Yes i have Many question haha
    1-i have pg good crafter and the werewolf pg is level 10 Now...so,for leveling in BG my little wolf you suggest craft a set with impenetrable?
    2-how i can maintain the trasformation in solo pvp?
    3-what skill need to level in human? I m a Stam sorc....
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I have nothing to do with non-CP PvP. Tried non-CP campaign after my CP campaign wow. I've worked very hard, and made it to end level in like 9 months. My favorite rolls are tanking and healing. Damage dealing has been the hardest for myself to get good at, but I'm making great progress... Actually am making a build around 9000 weapon damage lol. I never have "leveled" in a PvP environment. A little FYI I don't know how much you know about leveling but an end level player can make a new character and appears as a low level but they have behind them all their CP power plus battle leveling. I know in non- CP that's not an issue but say duelling the CP low level will utterly destroy a new player. For example I hit an npc in a delve cloak dizzy swing 97000 damage in one hit, have video lol. But this is unfair to low levels and I won't even duel them because I don't want to discourage them after I 1 shot them. Most definitely fortified brass impenetrable. Devour your enemies every chance you get for werewolf time extension. There's a little blue bar under your magicka bar that is the werewolf time bar. Once you get your werewolf leveled there's a passive that extends your time by doing damage. Also one more way to extend time is to be leveled the last passive decreases cost of remaining in werewolf by a percentage by how many werewolves you are grouped up with limited to 4 I think it's 20% per person. These are your only ways to extend werewolf. Werewolf levels really fast, if you wanted level 10 werewolf in 1 day no problem. The Stam sorc werewolf is a damage dealer build. Alcast has a really good set-up for werewolf Stam sorc. All the skills you'll need food potions he explains why and how to use them. Weapons enchants the whole 9 yards. Alcast knows his stuff but if you check out his Stam sorc werewolf build it'll probably answer more of your questions with more precision than i. Honestly I did ok on Stam sorc werewolf I just dont like how it works personally. But to be fair, if your good at they are bad ass. Lastly, my own preferance for leveling I do 5 fortified brass and 4 adept rider. I then acquire a jewelry set to compliment my main attribute, in your case a stamina based jewelry set. This allows for extreme resistances and to be able to stay in the training armor longer before needing to make a new set. It also makes you very hard to kill, make it impen for PvP. I've did for open world to get my vigor and whatnot a lot of fun.
  • stefano92
    stefano92
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the response! I have over question,for the attribute points it s doable 32 Stam and 32 healt or no? For more tanky...my question is:if i make a healt build with ww the damage it s good for Jill in pvp?
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resistance heavy armor 33000 spell and physical is cap. This will give 50% mitigation of damage, 5 medium is 25% and light well good luck lol. That's why light has shields. The only reason to be higher than 33000 is for minor and major fractures and breaches. 1300 area for minor and 5280 for major. Add that up and id your that much over 33000 it will allow you to maintain the resistance cap after the fracture breach. This is mainly a tank thing. Medium will provide more damage while heavy more healing. If you wanted damage and tankiness, I'd make my chest legs heavy rest of it medium. So 2 heavy and 5 medium. If your wanting more tanky sword and shield for your defense and of course your preferred damage side. Attributes good. Also 5 heavy 2 medium for even more tankiness. I'd enchant health head legs chest Stam on rest. Weapon damage glyph boosting your damage on your weapons and oh yeah werewolves bring the damage they may be a little OP lol. I'm making two werewolf builds right now and one is a tank build he solo killed a boss under level 20 he is 5 med 2 heavy because I'm trying to get his med finished first for last passive... Of course CP helped a lot and I spent most of the time in werewolf. So even not set-up for damage still enough to solo world boss under level 20 in damage dept. Didn't take long at all. Your health around 27 to 30000 should be good werewolf heals are like half your health bar. I'm on Ps4 NA if you are I can show you.
  • stefano92
    stefano92
    Soul Shriven
    I See...sorry for Many question but i m a noob haha...so...recap: with Brass set 5 heavy and 2 medium 32 healt 32 Stam dual sword with weapon damage glyph and glyph healt/Stam on armor it s good for start? Sorry but i m on Xbox.....i do with this question because i See a video a de with 60 k heath and good damage and surprise me
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefano92 wrote: »
    I See...sorry for Many question but i m a noob haha...so...recap: with Brass set 5 heavy and 2 medium 32 healt 32 Stam dual sword with weapon damage glyph and glyph healt/Stam on armor it s good for start? Sorry but i m on Xbox.....i do with this question because i See a video a de with 60 k heath and good damage and surprise me

Those videos where people run around with 60k HP and kill people with 3-4 light attacks are players abusing a bug that occured with Murkmire where werewolf bleed ticks would proc your weapon enchants. These players would utilize Torug´s Pact (double infused weapons) to maximize the cheese from this and use oblivion enchants. This was fixed with Wrathstone DLC. No werewolf with 60k HP can kill anyone on their own unless those they´re fighting is either AFK or incredibly bad.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a few thoughts regarding werewolfs when deciding what to pick (pure PvP perspective)

Class:

Tier 1: Stamina sorcerer, StamDK
    Tier 2: Stamina Warden, Stamina Templar
    Tier 3: Stamina Nightblade

Race:
    Tier 1 : Orc / Bosmer
    Tier 2 : Nord / Khajiit / Imperial / Dunmer
    Tier 3 : Redguard, Argonian
    Tier 4 : Breton
    Tier 5: Altmer

Gear:
    Probably the hardest part about finding a good werewolf build. Since you can´t really customize your skill loadout too much, you´re very dependent on what gear you use. But a few sets that you can´t go wrong with:

* Shacklebreaker
    * Automaton
    * Bonepireate/Hulking (max stamina sets)
    * Fortified brass (as mentioned above): Another option is to run protective jewellery.
    * Impregnable (both medium and Heavy)
    * Plague Doctor/Green Pact (max HP sets ot boost your heal)

* Clever Alchemist/Ravager/7th Legion/Fury/Veiled Heritence (weapon damage sets)

General advice is to test as much as possible and find what you like to use :)

What stats should I focus on as a werewolf?
    A common thing I see when people gear out a werewolf is that they focus way too much on max stamina and high weapon damage. While these two stats contributes to your damage output as a werewolf, that´s about it. On a non-werewolf stamina build, these two stats will also add to your healing (Vigor and Momentum). Running around with 50k+ stamina and 8-10k weapon damage is in my opinion pointless unless you´ve dedicated supports with you. Also, putting too much effort into these two stats will lead to you having less Health and more trouble with magicka and stamina sustain. Only place these super high max stam/weapon damage has any usefullness is in the thumbnail of a Youtube video to generate clicks :)

What you should prioritize in my opinion (for people that can´t rely on a healer or support):
    1: Max Health: Somewhere between 25-30k HP will give you a good selfheal potential in werewolf form.

2: Max Magicka and magicka recovery: While might look like a strange thing to focus on as a werewolf, the moment you run out of magicka to use Hircine´s Rage/Fortitude, is the moment you´ll drop dead. How much you should aim for is up to personal preference. But being able to use Hircine´s Bounty 3-4 times in a row without running dry on magicka is a good mark to aim for.

3: Weapon Damage/Max stamina: Werewolfs has a lot of "in-built" damage through their passives, which means you can usually build for more defense, but you usually need to focus on some damage to kill people. In terms of weapon damage, the lowest I run with is around 3-3,5k. This is very low, but since werewolfs has easy access to bleed damage and defiles, you don´t need to stack weapon damage. If you´re able to hit 4-4,5k weapon damage you´re able to kill almost any target you face, with exception of pure healbots and Health tanks. For max stamina, stack as much as you feel comfortable with. For me that´s around 40k (give or take a 1-2k).

4: Physical-/spell resistance and crit resistance´.

5: Stamina recovery: Werewolf skills are costly and you can´t afford to spam them or you´ll run dry of stamina very fast. Even a build stacking 50k+ stamina will deplete its stamina that way. Werewolfs best DPS tool is light attacks. Use your skills carefully and don´t spam piercing howl unless you really, really need to burst someone down quickly. Learning to utilizing Heavy attacks for sustain gives you the option to avoid investing into stamina recovery (and go for more damage). And if you use Ferocious Roar (sets enemies off-balance) and Heavy attack on off-balanced targets, you can twice the amount of stamina back (in Heavy armor that´s around 10k stamina back on a Heavy attack)
    Edited by Qbiken on February 28, 2019 10:18AM