The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Jabs - Counter

Farscape76
Farscape76
✭✭✭
Everyone has that one class or move that is just their Kryptonite. For me its when templars spam jabs. I have tried block, dodge roll, and cc followed by counter attack in various combinations but for whatever reason I haven't hit a formula that works for me.

How do you all counter a templar that just loves to mash that one button repeatedly?
CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
Characters
Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Step through their character model.

Barring that, circle strafe. Or just kite a little bit.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on February 25, 2019 7:05PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major evasion, Leki, Heartland.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse thank you I tend to roll to the side, I will have to try rolling/stepping through them definitely a skill I need to get better at

@Chrlynsch thank you I forgot major evasion would help with jabs
    Characters
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farscape76 wrote: »
    DeadlyRecluse thank you I tend to roll to the side, I will have to try rolling/stepping through them definitely a skill I need to get better at

A good way to think about it is the same kind of juke you can use to avoid wrecking blow--you know how you can step through someone and then the WB doesn't connect? If you do that to someone spamming sweeps/jabs, it won't fully negate the damage like it does with WB, but a few of the ticks won't connect, which neuters the damage potential pretty well.

...and is also why I hate using sweeps as a spammable, despite it's potency. It's a decent enough ability in a teamfight, but it's super frustrating in a clean 1v1.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always react to late to this spam. Can't escape it, block is useless, can't cloak and you die quick.

The few times i did escape was fear and then mistform away and cloak.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't dodge AOE abilities

So stop rolling around. It'll get you killed quicker most likely.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dodge roll the last hit. While you will still take damage, it lets you dodge the 70% snare off the last hit lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all lots of good advice and things for me to try the next time I run into a jabbyjab-plar
    I appreciate it
    Characters
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle
    Quick cloak.

They reduce aoe damage by 25%
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep your hots and buffs (including major evasion) up and dizzy swing them to the face.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I always react to late to this spam. Can't escape it, block is useless, can't cloak and you die quick.

Manifestation of terror if you’re a nb - pbaoe fear. Just interrupt the channel and there’s no snare. Keeping major evasion up reduces the damage a lot too.

As a NB I used to have a lot of problems with templars, using those two they aren’t a serious threat anymore.

Edited by Iskiab on February 26, 2019 5:47AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step left
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a magsorc when a tempar does the "Jabby Jabs" I just streak through. This removes me from the damage cone, prevents the final strike debuff on my movement speed, and stuns the templar.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Manifestation of terror if you’re a nb - pbaoe fear. Just interrupt the channel and there’s no snare. Keeping major evasion up reduces the damage a lot too.

As a NB I used to have a lot of problems with templars, using those two they aren’t a serious threat anymore.

I have the other morph of fear, which can be really fun to play with.
    I'm having so much fun with these traps, it's hard to go back to the other morph for me. But yeah, it's hard to place it when jabbed, plus it has an arming time before is goes of.
    But now I have a free space on my front bar so maybe I can work something out using these traps and then mistform.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I can't believe people still have trouble avoiding jabs. Maybe it's a PC thing, but here in console land jabs are becoming less functional with every patch. Even with the huge buffs stamplar got this patch, I've barely been playing it simply due to jabs being a completley unreliable spammable nowadays.
    Edited by React on February 26, 2019 7:46PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Man I can't believe people still have trouble avoiding jabs. Maybe it's a PC thing, but here in console land jabs are becoming less functional with every patch. Even with the huge buffs stamplar got this patch, I've barely been playing it simply due to jabs being a completley unreliable spammable nowadays.

You know that passive that procs dmg when using an aedric spear ability? Burning light? Yea it’s dodgeable.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the other morph of fear, which can be really fun to play with.
    I'm having so much fun with these traps, it's hard to go back to the other morph for me. But yeah, it's hard to place it when jabbed, plus it has an arming time before is goes of.
    But now I have a free space on my front bar so maybe I can work something out using these traps and then mistform.

I like the traps too, I always used to use them. You can sorta have both though. The mage guild fire rune is almost as good as the fear traps.

Fire rune only creates one trap at the target location, lasts 30 seconds instead of a minute, but has the upside of doing damage and a funny cc animation where they get knocked up in the air.

I’ve stopped using traps altogether but in ‘theory’ it’s an alternative. It’s not as good so stopped putting it on my bar. The main negative of fire rune is 30 seconds is too short.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 26, 2019 10:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ranged and don’t let them close. Use cc and counter attack.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you strafe (move side to side logically, unpredictably,) you can avoid a templars jabs most times.

Most templars stand still, then jab. Meaning all four jab hits are probably going to aim for the same AOE. Many times templars will do this and not dynamically strafe with you to make sure each of the four hits individually.

Jabs is the only skill in the game you actually have to aim (ironically, even snipe is a honing missile and has no aim mechanic) - so if you are hard to aim at, you'll make their life a lot harder. There's 4 incoming hits per jabs global cooldown, so if you can avoid 1-3 of those, you're significantly nerfing their damage.
    Edited by Jules on February 27, 2019 5:55AM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, you can’t expect your opponent to be incompetent. Most templars use sweeps near the end of their burst combo. You’ll have ele drain and their dot that snares already on you.

They’re only sweeping to get you into execute range. Trying to just strafe is a terrible idea, you’ll like be reduced to where they can use the Jesus beam.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 27, 2019 11:46AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stepping through is the best strategy; it's hard for a Templar to turn all the way around while stuck in a channel. And if there's any NPC guards around, there's a 2 second delay before the channel registers as finished... Even if they turn all the way around and target you again there will be the stupid sweeps animation sticking out of their ass, pointing in whatever direction they fired it originally.

Ya I don't slot that skill in Cyrodiil anymore.