The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

launcher/login probs

unjulationb16_ESO
hi, long time no post,

i used to have eso instaled via thire own launcher, but after a new pc build i didnt have it instaled till recently - now i have instaled eso vi steam on the e-drive i used to do it via the launcher downloaded via the eso web site

anyway when i try to boot up the laucher it just hangs on the boot-up section - all it shows is "loading" and nothing else - apart from a background of leaves

so after a surch on the inter-web the offical responce is to sign into your eso account and download the launcher from there - deleate the microsoft cc+, re-boot, and re-install microsoft cc+ etc (i might not have that exactly right order, etc but i've got all that i could find bookmarked)

so following on from that i went to log-in to my eso account - but canot login useing what i thought was my pas word - i can log in hear and bathesda.net but not my eso account
simple i thought i'll just change my pasword but it go's into asking me "what the seconed name of my favorate autor" 1) because im dyslexic theres no way i would have chosen that as my security question (is it the defualt question?) and even if i did chose that question feck knows what answer i would have used......?????....

ive sent them a surport ticket but im still awaiting a reply but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix my probs please dont hesitate to ask or if i havent explaind anything

(the reason i heed to (quite impotantly get into the game as i've acendently been made the head of the guild i'm a member of, so aye quite important tbh)

thanks in advance
unj
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    P.S. how do you get the attention of devs? - i seem to remember you added a prefix to the name, right?

could be totaly wrong like

and who would peeps surgest that i give a prod to to maybe move the problem along

thanks
    unj
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    well a quick update - i've got the launcher to work and up-date everything so the game will now boot to the login screen but i still have the same problem with the login

because i can-not remember whatever answer i used for the security question, though i have my doubts i even chose the one its asking me for - name of author - i can not get any further with changeinging the password

any advice would be truley and deaply hartfelt -

i thought i might have sorted my problem after i got the launcher to work - first world wind-uop Hahaha ;)

• unjulationb16_ESO
    bumptey bum ......... ;)
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    well the launcher loading problem is back.....Grrrrrrr
  • unjulationb16_ESO
    well after a loy=t of farting about, and very amiable contact with the surport team i think ive finaly got everything sdorted -

not quite sure which of the tricks that worked as i tried several -

i would have liked to let peeps know which one worked for me for future referance, etc

anyway i still seam to be haveing the odd problem with steam and the launcher - it seamsd to take 5+mins to gert the launcher up and running when i use the steam conect but it does eventualy get therre or so it has been the last couple of trys ive booted it so fingers crosed

but happy days so far

so thanks to the surport team who helped me out
    take it easy
    unj :)