Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is it taking so long to download?

Lumiea
Lumiea
Soul Shriven
I have been downloading ESO for over a day, and it is only at 25%. I know that it is a big game, but I downloaded R6S not that long ago, and it's roughly the same size and didn't take as long. My download speed is roughly 850kb/s. Does anyone know why it could be taking so long?
Thanks
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you turned auto sleep off your computer? The download function doesn't like it.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You'll wanna make sure autosleep is off, and you aren't doing things like streaming netflix or eating your bandwidth with other things. Stuff like Youtube is fine tho. Your download speed will fluctuate as well.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be your internet speed. Also turn off any other applications so your computer is doing one thing only, downloading ESO.

Also yes what others have said. If you leave your computer or console for a while it usually goes into some sort of stand by or sleep mode. So just poke it every now and then.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I have Verizon DSL, and when I had to reinstall ESO on my new computer two years ago, it took me 4 1/2 days (only running during the day from about 6 am to 11 pm - with some breaks in-between). If I remember correctly, it was an 81 GB download back then.

But yeah, it takes a while. Even worse is the download speed for their repair utility.

One question: I'm getting ready to re-install the game again due to issues that popped up after Mondays patch install.

Should I uninstall the game first before re-installing it again, or just re-install over the files already on my computer?

Thanks.