The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addons not being recognized after recovery?

BaylorCorvette
BaylorCorvette
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently had an issue with the directory that ESO was in. I recently fixed that and have since changed the directory where is ESO installed.

Despite having my addons backed up on an external drive (including the .LUA files in the "Saved Variables" folder) ESO is acting like the old addon on settings do not exist. Instead, all of my addons are like they have just been installed for the frist time requiring me to set everything back up to how I had it before. Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue for me and I'd just do that. However my "KillCounter" addon that I use for PvP with 2 years of data is what I'm most interested in preserving. Any idea how to get the addons to recognize the backed up files?
Edited by BaylorCorvette on February 25, 2019 12:23AM
Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
Founder of Dominion Special Forces
YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
DC Zerg Busting
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    The addon folder and saved variables folder should be in your Documents folder in the ESO folder there. Not where ESO itself is installed. I've moved mine before, even to other PCs and had no trouble so long as they are in the correct location.
    Edited by Wavek on February 25, 2019 11:28PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it working, turned out something was bugged with the Addons folder (not the Saved Variables folder). I redownloaded the Addons and then copied over my .LUA files into the saved variables and it works fine now.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting