The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hidden Blur setting - How to make it always on?

Soris
Soris
✭✭✭✭✭
I've found out there is a hidden graphics setting that adds fullscreen blur effect to your screen in the same way opening in-game menus such as map/inventory/character sheet/picking skyshards adds by default.

This is done by typing this command to your chat:
/script SetFullscreenEffect(FULLSCREEN_EFFECT_CHARACTER_FRAMING_BLUR, 0.5, -0.5)
It makes that blur effect stick to your screen.

However since this setting is applied by in-game menus by default, opening and closing these menus overwrites it and resets back to normal. Meaning, after closing the menus, the blur effect goes away. And I have to copy paste this command again to make it work again.

What I'm asking is how to make it persistent effect via .ini file.

I have an old pc and I'm playing this game in low-medium settings in Cyrodiil for performance reasons. Blur makes the game look much better as it hides those muddy graphics and adds fake depth of field effect. So this is important for me. And this built-in blur has no performance issues unlike the Gaussian Blur in ReShade. So if anyone has an idea how to set it as default, i'd appreciate that. ^^
Edited by Soris on February 24, 2019 7:17PM
Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]