The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What will be your main race after the launch of U21 Wrathstone?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The title pretty much says it all.

In the last weeks we all have been discussing the racial changes a lot and I am interested to see which races will be favoured in the upcoming update and beyond.

Keep in mind it doesn't matter if you race change or not, I just want to see which races will be the most / least popular ones after U21 hits live servers.

Feel free to discuss any race-related topics and explain how or why you made your choice.

I'd please you to not turn this into yet another complaining thread about racial changes. We already have more than enough of them where pain points and issues can be discussed, this thread is just to get an overview about race distribution in U21.
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -

What will be your main race after the launch of U21 Wrathstone? 398 votes

Altmer
13%
theyanceyEarrindoitsfatbassAnnulielSilafAsha_11_ESOEldartarAtallantaWeerW3irBlack_FlameEasily_LostGChaseXmasRex-Umbraku5hVenscalParrot1986CyrusAryajwarren68SpiderKnightTyavari 52 votes
Argonian
8%
stevenyaub16_ESOeklhaftb16_ESORagniumkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOHatchetHaroBloodystabKronuxxAsh_In_My_SujammaKnowledgeLupusdiabolusSosRuvaakKr3doShadow_Akulasneaky_tAlpheu5Tommy_The_GunSeraphayelcoop500LordGodzillaLeeched 33 votes
Bosmer
4%
imexzenob16_ESOEdaphonVaerthTBoisefsterAcadianPaladinaaisoahoboggoMyKillv2.0TornaadKeldheirKiralyn2000eso_nyaJuju_beansTemeraire507UryelKMarble 17 votes
Breton
20%
Tabbycatmoonsugar66CireousFlorialtheskymovesvailjohn_ESOk1llorbek1lledZardayneOthniel327dcam86b14_ESOFaulgorDracaneninibiniTryxusGythralBlackersanitajoneb17_ESOMitrengaLiraTaurwenEiron77 82 votes
Dunmer
15%
mdclanin_ESOkypranb14_ESONemesis7884Turelusalainjbrennanb16_ESODTStormfoxUntrustedExistenzfalcasternub18_ESOJoanOfOrcAhPook_Is_HereIndorilArwynLlethranAndyMacHidesFromSunIluvrienYigrokLocnaarKatinasCinbriVaranaCastagere 61 votes
Imperial
10%
Acrolasotis67JimmyHelricBam_BamDemionRecktrithiusOediphitryMattock_RomulusElsonsoSheridanThanatosLexAsysMashilledarkstar2084VulsahdaalVDoom1LidarqueXarcMinnoAkrasjel 41 votes
Khajiit
12%
Anthony_ArndtMisterBigglesworthCatsmoke14WuffyCeruleiIruil_ESODanikataubrey.baconb16_ESOAlienSlofSkayaqTibzariaAybleVaxtinTheWolfxenowarrior92eb17_ESOsrfrogg23SidneyNovaMarxlelink88WeyounTMSoundso 51 votes
Nord
6%
DaveMoeDeeApocyrrhoseMaottiSheezabeastRohausJKorrandy_sGlaiceanaChunkyCatMjolnirVilkasIntegral1900AlienatedGoatBekkaelLex7xeLShawn_PTEvilAutoTechATomiX96TeutoburgerFiktiusDragneel1207 24 votes
Orc
6%
silvereyesRedTalonxMovingTargetrosendoichinoveb17_ESOstojekarcub18_ESOForztrStrider__RoshinSwiftnoodleAngkharTheRealPotorooMorgul667VapirkoynimmaJ18696TolinovesselwiththepestleGaunterODimvaleriiyaRaammzzaaHaubbit 24 votes
Redguard
3%
eaton68_ESOSarousseAce_SiNKingofAnnwnLehnuinLadislaosau02adgveil_Kalik_GoldJobooAGSSylvermynxStratlocMykriz 13 votes
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Been Nord since release and i see no reason to change. I'll just go with the flow.
    PC EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Because obviously theyre good but mostly my PvP stamplar main has always been one as has my Stam sorc dps. I’ll be changing two toons to Dunmer for sure.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 24, 2019 11:19AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    15 chars - of which 1 may get a name change & 2 others may get a role change but none will get a race change, if I go down that rabbit hole there will be no returning, just the change race every update or so

Name change is a early access 'mul'e naded as such, which the crafting bag makes redundant, the others are just try something different...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    My main has always been a Bosmer and it's going to stay that way because she's cute, useless new roleplaying passive and all.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord
    Nord, same as before, because there are very few problems that can’t be solved with a big enough hammer 😎

Edited by Integral1900 on February 24, 2019 11:35AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Nothing changed really for me so no racechange.

Probably will change 2 of 4 redguards to argonian and bosmer a bit after.
    Edited by colossalvoids on February 24, 2019 11:38AM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    My main has been a Bosmer thief for 4 years and will remain a Bosmer. I will have +3 free skill points from that ridiculous, useless passive that grants stealth detection, I'll have to gear differently to retain some form of stealthy gameplay, but I simply refuse to switch to Khajiit.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    This one's main race has always been Khajiit. No reason to change that, yes? :)
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial
    Because I have no imagination.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    Chose Breton but only because that's what she is now. Even if she'd gotten hit hard with the nerf hammer, I wouldn't race change her. I won't be making use of any of the tokens for any of my characters, except maybe to make some cosmetics tweaks (though I am still undecided about even that).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Main is Altmer and don't feel like changing her though wanted redgaurd but now I'm kinda attached to that character have played s loooong with her!!
    Although will change my warden bosmer to redgaurd
    Edited by r34lian on February 24, 2019 12:14PM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I've got 8 characters and 4 are already Bretons. After U21, 5 will be Bretons.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Watchdog wrote: »
    This one's main race has always been Khajiit. No reason to change that, yes? :)

User name WatchDOG... Plays a cat... World implodes! Xd

My main fully researched crafter sorcerer whom I have had since 2014 has always been an Altmer and I see no reason to change them despite their lore suddenly acquiring stamina recovery contrary to 15 years of established TES canon. :p
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Redguard
    Only because it's the race I used for my first ever toon. It's the one I use to collect skyshards, motifs etc
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Throughout the Elder Scrolls series, Breton has always been my favorite race.

However, in ESO my main is, and always has been, Imperial.

Im shelving my magic characters until ZOS fixes the mess they made of them, and Im really not sure what to do with my Bosmer now as shes no longer a stealthy thief/archer.

So yeah, Im glad I still have my 3 Imperials at least and those are the ones Ill be playing for a while..
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    My main is my Bosmer NB and will stay that way after the update.
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bosmer forever. Only race I truly enjoy playing.
    And since I only play magicka builds I never had useful passives to begin with anyway. :D
    PC EU
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    The power gap between Nord and Orc is too large unfortunately. They'll need to either nerf Orcs or buff Nords for me to stay a Nord.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    My main has always been a Breton, and with the update he's going to be even better.

I will also change one char into a Breton, but mainly because I want to re-roll him as a Necromancer with Elsweyr.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    So my first character is swaping to Khajit to follow the stealth passive but my PVE dps will remain MagDK dumner and Bosmer Stamden
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    My Orc DK is my main and I'm not changing. I don't think the changes are drastic enough that they're going to "ruin" my tank.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The title pretty much says it all.

In the last weeks we all have been discussing the racial changes a lot and I am interested to see which races will be favoured in the upcoming update and beyond.

Keep in mind it doesn't matter if you race change or not, I just want to see which races will be the most / least popular ones after U21 hits live servers.

Feel free to discuss any race-related topics and explain how or why you made your choice.

I'd please you to not turn this into yet another complaining thread about racial changes. We already have more than enough of them where pain points and issues can be discussed, this thread is just to get an overview about race distribution in U21.

Possibly Breton - depending on how significant the change is. I've been told they are removing the High Elf's racial bonus to magicka regen (which was why I picked the race). So if I notice these changes having an effect on my ability to maintain my magicka I'll likely give Breton a try.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    My main characters, in some order, are:
    • Templars -- all Breton
    • Sorcerers -- Altmer and Breton
    • Stamblade thief -- Bosmer
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Playing Dunmer since TES 3. It stays Dunmer as long as Dunmer are a playable race
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Because they are the fun mer
    And its always their day in the sun mer
    And they are the one mer
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Staying with my orc and imperial
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the need to change the race of any of my characters.

If I am to consider a character my "main", it's my Dunmer Magblade, who's the first character I created. But I have a number of characters that I play regularly.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Probably keeping my toons' races' as it were.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Really wish thw people not changing could sell there tokens honestly Though I may use the name change token to change my orcs name to bring it in line with my clan of chars
  • onegunholiday
    Breton
    I don’t think any of these changes warrant a race change. I’m keeping my main as a Breton because it’s always been the first race I make in every ES game.