The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

StamDK transition from Hundings/Nightmother to...

Gryph13
Gryph13
STAMDK experts,

I am at 235CP, and running a 5 piece Hundings, 4 Piece Nightmothers, 3 agility jewelry setup for PVE. I managed to lock down a velidreth monster set (Divine medium shoulders, infused helm medium), and want to know what sets I should push for to slowly make the transition from Hundings/NM to relequen/Beserkers. In the interim, I plan to drop the agility jewelry and go with Hundings(5)/NM(5), Velidreth, but trying to acquire briarheart seems a pain. I am wondering if I should just start farming cloudrest normal for relequen, though I am really unsure as to what I would mix relequen with until I am able to farm for beserkers(AY)?

Any suggestions? I appreciate the feedback.

Gryph
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are gonna change with Wrathstone DLC, so hold on. But I beleive that as of this moment that hundings and briar heart with veli is second BiS if you have no trials gear. You can do the quest in Wrothgar for two unique briar heart daggers you’ll just have to transmute them. Next patch is still up in the air, the Warband set will probably be good though.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings and Spriggans or Hundings and Two-Fanged Snake are better for when you don't have the full penetration trial tanks provide. Hunding/Briar or Relequen/Briar are only better when you for sure have the penetration covered by tanks. Before you worry about the marginal difference between these armor sets, (fairly tiny even at high dps) make a plan for getting Maelstrom weapons. (Though their promise of changing Weapon Set weapons is somewhat chilling on that count.) The Maelstrom weapons after you have decent sets in blue/purple are the biggest dps boosts for magicka and stamina dps. vMA is still much harder on stamina classes, and is easier on sorcs of all kinds.
    Certainly Hundings/Spriggans is better than what you have on right now, and often better than relequen in surprising number of fights (whenever you'd lose stacks).
  • Gryph13
    Gryph13
    Thanks for the feedback. Likely easier to get spriggans than it is to acquire briarheart (with dolmens allowing for jewelry drops), though I will likey have a hard time getting daggers and a bow with infused.

Thanks
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Hundings and Spriggans or Hundings and Two-Fanged Snake are better for when you don't have the full penetration trial tanks provide. Hunding/Briar or Relequen/Briar are only better when you for sure have the penetration covered by tanks. Before you worry about the marginal difference between these armor sets, (fairly tiny even at high dps) make a plan for getting Maelstrom weapons. (Though their promise of changing Weapon Set weapons is somewhat chilling on that count.) The Maelstrom weapons after you have decent sets in blue/purple are the biggest dps boosts for magicka and stamina dps. vMA is still much harder on stamina classes, and is easier on sorcs of all kinds.
    Certainly Hundings/Spriggans is better than what you have on right now, and often better than relequen in surprising number of fights (whenever you'd lose stacks).

But if you’re tank isn’t providing major fracture with the taunt and can’t be bothered with a crushing enchant then you don’t reallt have a tank at all.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    darkblue5 wrote: »

But if you’re tank isn’t providing major fracture with the taunt and can’t be bothered with a crushing enchant then you don’t reallt have a tank at all.

Even if a tank is providing both those things, you still have ~11k pen left for yourself. Hunding/spriggans will always have value.